Operation Human Shiel

That article is a load of ■■■■.
Most of those trades aren’t comparable in any way to Shiel. He’s nominated a club FFS. How many players in the “era of nominating of a club because players have all the power” have not made it to their club of choice?

The Franklin one is laughable. He never nominated GWS at any point. “Common knowledge” just meant all of the media were guessing the same thing because they all had NFI.

13 Likes

Article sights Franklin who was a free agent. Stevens who was walked to the PSD for which Port got nothing (Nearly as dumb as recruiting Jack Watts last year). And a bunch of proposed trades from eons ago which are entirely irrelevant.

Hun really struggling for inches and clicks it seams.

2 Likes

I’m struggling to get past Alvey as a blockbuster trade. :smile:

5 Likes

I wonder if Judd ran his a long time ago words by Dylan on their flight/Noosa.

(obviously Dylan thought our list was better and will be more exciting :slightly_smiling_face:)

So glad they never won a flag whilst that prick was playing

6 Likes

Maybe they should focus on the 100’s of trades that HAVE gone through and provide that as evidence the Shiel one will also.

2 Likes

They’ll do that after it happens. They’ll say “see, look at these other trades…it was always going to happen”

1 Like

There’s been heaps of articles about the history of previous trades. But we’re dealing with ATE here, who is a panic merchant looking for anything to justify their own delusions

1 Like

Yet an optimist compared with alex.f.94

1 Like

True that. Far too tiresome for me to be looking at the negatives all the time.

LOL.
That Tippett trade is such a load of bollocks.
‘Club of his choice’ was Sydney.
Sydney said, ‘Nah, fark ya. A second round pick is too much.’
Adelaide can’t get Tippett to sign anywhere else, because of course they can’t.
Hellooooooo PSD.

Adelaide - suspended for draft tampering.
Tippett - suspended for draft tampering.
Sydney - whistles nonchalantly as it exits the scene with the player it wanted for nothing.

3 Likes

Ok… So I now assume this deal will get done at the last minute tomorrow. FFS!!! GIMME SHIEL!!! panic stations!

Diggers’ google alert just went off, expect a stern dressing down.

Diggers can stick it up his COLA.
The player got suspended.
The club that got screwed got sanctioned.
The club doing the screwing and had in fact set the whole thing up, walked away without a beg your pardon.
Fact.

7 Likes

i hadn’t thought about this until i saw someone mention bellchambers tapping down to shiel, but shiel hasn’t really played with great tap ruckman has he? oh my this could be more awesomer than we initially thought…

yes. awesomer.

2 Likes

Chicken Little has spoken.

COULD THE SHIEL DEAL FALL THROUGH?

BY BEN GIBSON 13 MINUTES AGO

Kane Cornes and Matthew Lloyd believe Greater Western Sydney will play hardball with Essendon as the Bombers look to secure Dylan Shiel this trade period.

Despite being contracted with GWS for next season, the 25-year-old has requested a trade home to the Bombers.

But both Cornes and Lloyd have their doubts on whether the trade will be secured prior to tomorrow’s 8:30pm deadline.

“I just wonder, with the Giants, with what’s happening with (Tom) Scully and what they are getting for him, are they saying, ‘OK, we’re missing out here, but we have to really drive a hard one here, a hard bargain with Essendon,’” Lloyd said on NAB AFL Trade Radio .

With Scully reportedly set to land at Hawthorn for a low draft pick, the Giants need to avoid a disastrous trade period and ensure Shiel doesn’t slip from their grasp cheaply.

“They’ve been smashed the Giants,” Cornes said.

“Them and Fremantle, their reputations have been damaged most in this trade period.”

While reports suggest the midfielder is already out the door, the Giants could potentially hold him to his contract.

“Jason McCartney, their list manager, was furious … about the fact there was a double page spread on how Dylan Shiel had got to the Bombers on the weekend in the Herald Sun,” Cornes said.

“He’s saying, ‘Well he’s a contracted player, how can this be happening?’

“I reckon they’re digging in here the Giants, and I’d be doing exactly the same.”

GWS reportedly desire two first-round picks for Shiel, yet as it stands, the Bombers only hold picks 9, 34, 66 and 84 in this years draft.

GWS control this. Why not play hardball with Hawthorn ?
Oh no, to save his reputation, McCartney has to play hardball with Essendon, but he is happy to bend over for Hawthorn and get reamed.
I just don’t get the logic.

1 Like

I reckon we are playing hardball , we think the giants will baulk … then get screwed because they both thought the other would flinch at the last minute and both sides are too proud to bend over at the deadline

McCartney’s face is even more punchable now than when he was playing which is a fair effort.