Operation Human Shiel

Don’t reckon McCartney’s going to budge on the firsts which is a shame ‘cause it will impact Essendon’s trading strategy for either this year or most likely, next year.

meh. I’ll take my All Australian clearance gun entering the peak of his career thanks, happy to pay the price.

10 Likes

We will get pick 18 back me thinks,or a late 2nd rounder.

All good.

1 Like

They don’t have Pick 18.

Jackets plays the best game in the business

Pick 9,34 and future pick will get it done imo

2 Likes

oh man, the butt hurt if this falls through is going to be some next level saga like ■■■■.

1 Like

As it should be, we absolutely cannot do the wrong thing but a guy that went out of his way to leave his club, do due dilligance on 3-4 then choose us.

2 Likes

It will be embarrassing and a stain on our club if it does happen.

4 Likes

From Freo for Lobb?

i don’t think it will happen, but we’ll all eat each other alive. meltdowns for days.

1 Like

Some would paint it as typical Essington but honestly, taking our pick to the draft in what is touted as a quality draft is not a failure…at this point in time that is.

2 Likes

Yes but good luck being on the radar of any guns looking to change teams in the future if you can’t get deals done.

I reckon if the deal wasn’t already in the bag there would be far more media around it. The fact that nothing has happened is because the AFL have not put the rubber stamp on it because they don’t want it announced before their exclusive draft telecast.

3 Likes

That’s true, but…

I bet you’re feeling a bit silly now, right?

1 Like

We don’t lose Shiel. He wants out of GWS, and hates Carlton…Love that Dodoro is holding the line here. Looking forward to watching the blockhead McCartney cave again.

1 Like

In a factual sense, yes. But would it have been as enjoyable?

That would be the concern if the deal was to fall through. This would have impacts on the club moving forward for a couple of years. Bigger name players might be more reluctant to pick us if we appear a difficult place for trades to be completed.

I don’t think this will happen, we will do the deal, but it would look pretty bad if we don’t.

1 Like

Will be embarrassing and a stain on GWS if they don’t accept a fair offer, for a player they basically encouraged to pursue other avenues.

2 Likes

5ae675cbe75f7be717baf1640104c4ec4436a028b7df2e63c9fe8c3e50a96eb4

I hope you’re right!

2 Likes

Panic dollars are racking up for mine…

2 Likes

Wingard done deal, I wish we had graham wright just gets things done

1 Like