Operation Human Shiel

He’s given up a 1st, 2nd and player worthy of a late 1st or early 2nd for Wingard and a pick shuffle… Just because they get them done doesn’t mean they’re good deals.

3 Likes

I don’t, they got bent over backwards

I hate the dawks as much as anyone but I’m envious how they do business. Sometimes clubs have to pay overs to get a contracted player over the line.

1 Like

They’ve just traded out their 1st and 2nd picks in this year’s draft and their best young player to get a guy who was basically dumped.

5 Likes

no. It’ll be embarrassing if we don’t get the deal done. Not the other way around.

2 Likes

Hawthorn don’t muck around.

They get the big trades done early… on the very last day of trading.

12 Likes

depends, on how much GWS are asking for the player. It works both ways. If they are asking to much we would be stupid to make the trade.

Im not stressed at all, and dont understand why people are so impatient. It will get done if the deal is fair, if not we go to the draft with a great pick.

Just hold out GWS will cave they need him off the books.

1 Like

SOz ok

oi, take it elsewhere

1 Like

TRADE WEEK GLOSSARY
“Just get it done” = Pay overs

5 Likes

How’d that whole Cam McCarthy situation go for GWS when they held out?

Why do people assume that pick 9 will be a “great pick”?

Because it could be a boat.

8 Likes

Hawthorn have been rolled in this trade period… Scully can’t walk, Scrimshaw can’t play and Wingards best days are behind him. Clarko having a last desperate gasp of air before Hawthorn fall off a cliff. Nothing to see here.

1 Like

Wingard’s best days aren’t necessarily behind him. Certainly no body issues. If he can get his hunger back…

1 Like

Has had a knee problem for a while now. Hates the game which doesn’t help either.

Best recruiting team in the biz will make it great. Otherwise we get Shiel. I’m happy either way.

I wonder if they’d like Ambrose or Hartley for a 2019 second? They obviously don’t value second round picks (case in point - O’meara & Wingard trades) and they need some KP talls!

:slight_smile:

What hunger? He’s always been a paycheck player (which isn’t to say he won’t be good for them, just that he cruises around on natural talent more than anything).

Only clubs not at the stadium for trade are Essendon and Adelaide…