Operation Human Shiel

Libba!:ok_hand:

You recon? For a club on the slide they sure bought some caliber in. Made out like bandits

2 Likes

Shiel was contracted and GWS had probably traded out enough already to free up the cap space to keep him. Ultimately someone had to blink, and it had to be us. The fact we have gun players nominating us, particularly when they could get more elsewhere, is telling and indicates we are on the way up.

GO BOMBERS!!!

2 Likes

I guess Loonyberger is with us for another year. Only other thing potentially missing is another outside mid, little goal getter. Balance is being returned to the force though. Jobe Wan is the ghost talking to Hepp when nobody is looking.

2 Likes

Or it was all just sorted out in amicable fashion a week ago and revealed at the end of this utter wankfe$t

That’s what the ‘experts’ are saying. Scully is so Cooney 2014, Scrimshaw is O’rourke mark 11, and Wingard will turn it on for a season and then get bored.

Don’t know about that I tuned in right at the end of the telecast, and they were interviewing Jackets. He looked pretty relieved and it did not sound like it was all sorted out. Unless he has some unknown acting talent.

I agree it was interesting how all the big deals happened on the final day. However, that often happens every year.

1 Like

Jaysus id hate you as a teacher.
Hard marks.

Pffft!

1 Like

I found it funny for all the talk about how wonderful the hawks are at trade time that on fox footy brad Jonson an dal santo had hawks falling to 14 to 15th next year. I tend to agree. Sink u dorks

2 Likes

Shiel in our side is going to make our midfield dangerous.

Watch Zaharakis, Heppell, Zerrett, Langford, McGrath and Devon go up a gear next year.

It will be a sight we havent seen since 2000.

1 Like

Still reckon we’re missing one. The Bont rounds us out perfectly next year.

2 Likes

Nah, we’re missing outside run depth now. Let’s just hope we have a good season injuries wise.

1 Like

Just don’t buy the hyperbole of the media.

I think we overpaid.

It won’t matter if he kills it with us, though. And If we were gonna overpay for anybody, I’m glad it was him and not Martin.

If we’re gonna miss out on three consecutive first rounds of the draft… Boy, we’d wanna be winning finals.

18 Likes

I’ll give you one from three but that’s cause I don’t know who scrimshaw or orourke are

Trading in flotsam and relying on the draft hasn’t been too successful in the last 15 years. Windows open… we have to put the plums out on the window ledge and risk them getting lopped off

4 Likes

Agree. And the reality is that we need to be ready to go again to bring in Bontempelli, Cognilio or Kelly next year.

Won’t say we overpaid because if we go well next year and Shiel & our performance helps us land a good free agent then we net out really nicely.

If we didn’t get Shiel I would have doubted we could compete with the Hooker/Hurley era guys, now we’d expect to be going very close in 2020 if not next year.

Gibbs, Lever, and Beams cost 2x1st round picks. I thought it was a good deal for both parties.

4 Likes