Operation Human Shiel

What a muppet

I call BS on this. Unless Dylan actually stated it & was quoted as having done so, then I refuse to believe it.

4 Likes

As the article states this was never Essendon’s intention. They were forced into it because of GWS’s clever salary cap dump by trading Setterfield, Sculley & Lobb which gave them the upperhand in the Shiel trade negotiations.

5 Likes

That ‘source’ was prolly Barrett. He likes to make stuff up & convince himself that it is true.

2 Likes

That is avery clearly made up article to try and paint Essendon in the bad light. I suspect GWS simply because they were really peeved about that article in the HScum.

The only ones that put Shiel through anything was GWS. They pushed him out then tried to keep him. You won’t hear the media say anything about that at all.

And Slobbo/Barrett and the HScum are the worst at playing the games they do. They make up stories, they run with rumours and then, instead of admitting they got it wrong, write articles to defend their lies.

6 Likes

With these sorts of things the truth can lie in the middle sometimes.

These trade negotiations are going to be tough and the stakes are big.

It can become a game of bluff and counter bluff. And obviously everyone is trying to get the best deal they can for THEIR club. As Catherine Lio told us, Paul Little expected Dodoro to be difficult to deal with - that was his job. Dodoro tried to get his preferred deal, but circumstances didn’t allow that.

Some people were complaining we paid overs. And now there is chatter we played too hard or close to the line and nearly farked it up.

We got the deal and it’s a reasonable deal. A deal with all parties giving up something.
GWS a gun player.
Essendon first round picks.
Shiel a bucket of $$$ choosing us over Fark Carlton.

Essendon and Shiel are both happy. And it’s about the future now and making sure Shiel and Essendon deliver on the field for each other.

17 Likes

If they cut Scully, Setterfield, Lobb plus Griffen retiring, you’d imagine they had enough salary cap space then.

On another note , that HS article is ■■■■. Just an excuse to dig the knife into Essendon again. They want to look into the mental health and wellbeing of players during trade week because of Essendon’s behaviour?

■■■■ off! Did they mention anything about Kelly and Geelong not working the trade for him to go home to his family? Or how’s about Bennell and being told he’s not a required player after just signing a contract?

22 Likes

Agree with others that the article has a definite agricultural scent. Actually it is much worse that that, it absolutely reeks.

3 Likes

You’re right.

Believing it is even more so.

3 Likes

I have to giggle at the mention of Shiel being prepared to go to Carlton. If he wanted to he would have asked Connors to organize that. instead Connors was desperately mediating between GWS and Dodoro. McCartney was the only one who met with Silvagni. Wishful thinking on his and FC’s part.

2 Likes

Er we did the deal for Shiel and a second rounder back.

And I think that was fair weight.

As for not offering it early. Had we offered two firsts straight up, GWS would have just gotten greedy.

All of a sudden we would have been negotiating for 2 of our firsts and then some.

You always leave a little wiggle room in your offer.

The Dons and GWS played the situation out fine.

Fwiw, our pick 34 in this draft - a very strong one may turn up a better player than in our hopefully higher first round pick next year. (let’s say a pick between 10 and 18).

Had we put a better offer on the table early, then yes Carlton or maybe the Aints could have had time to trump it.
Dealing at the 11th hour has advantages.

Go bombers.

5 Likes

We get the best player available in the draft and you still want to attack Dodoro

In the last years Dodoro has successfully traded in four players who give us a real chance for a flag. Take your Hun articles and stick them.

6 Likes

hard to deal with

Just bullshiit speculation and creative writing, for mine. Fine, don’t name your quote sources, but also, don’t expect your fairy tales to be taken seriously.

6 Likes

Two facts keep me grounded in reality everyday. Earth is flat and fkwits bag dodoro.

4 Likes

Yeah essendon really stuffed up by a) forcing GWS - a rival - to slash and burn their list before b) overpaying just slightly to c) land an absolute gun.

What idiots!!!

9 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if SoS or some other recruiter was taking potshots.

Fact is we got a very good result.
And, in the process, ■■■■■■ c*nton.

Fark 'em all and, especially, fark Carlton.
We got our man and FCFC got rolled not once, but twice!! That makes it so super priceless.
Everything else is just white noise.

I can’t believe ATE believes this shitt, even though we have on video that DS reassures Dodo that he’s coming. ATE would rather believe this bullshitt article, rather than actual facts & conversations that really happened

1 Like

and i say again, what a muppet.

1 Like