Options for picks 20 and 29 (before Academy shenanigans)

Does anyone have any further info on Brodie Romensky?

Was reading Knightmare’s ESPN page and sounds like a great pick up at 20/29

Brodie Romensky 189.6cm and 86.5kg

BRodie won the best and fairest for the western jets. Hard tough and competitive and he is versatile can play midfield or defence. Played vic metro did well. No fuss sort of player gets the job done every week

Strengths toughness and ball winning
Needs to improve impact with possession

Over the Tac Cup/ U18 nationals and VFL

played 20, average 5.7 kicks at en efficiency of just 63%, Averaged 3 Marks, Averages 8.5 Hand balls and 12 disposals Wins about 55% of the ball in hard and averages 3.3 tackles

Did much better at Tac Cup against boys then in the VFL and nationals suggest he could be a man child

All info from SEN

Interesting calls from Brett Anderson

Jy Simpkin invited to go to the draft, expected top ten.

Todd Marshall not invited, Brisbane considering at 16, dogs will take him at 18 if he is there.

BRodie won the best and fairest for the western jets. Hard tough and competitive and he is versatile can play midfield or defence. Played vic metro did well. No fuss sort of player gets the job done every week

played 20, average 5.7 kicks at en efficiency of just 63%, Averaged 3 Marks, Averages 8.5 Hand balls and 12 disposals Wins about 55% of the ball in hard and averages 3.3 tackles

Did much better at Tac Cup against boys then in the VFL and nationals suggest he could be a man child

All info from SEN

Seems like low numbers.

Todd Marshall not invited, Brisbane considering at 16, dogs will take him at 18 if he is there.

Pace no doubt.

I’m thinking maybe one of GC’s picks to balance out the complement of highly rated mids they take, or even Sydney.

played 20, average 5.7 kicks at en efficiency of just 63%, Averaged 3 Marks, Averages 8.5 Hand balls and 14.2 disposals Wins about 55% of the ball in hard and averages 3.3 tackles

All info from SEN

Seems like low numbers.

Averaged 24 in the TAC cup but against the VFL boys and championship boys struggled

I had heard Sydney potentially after Florent/Simpkin

With GWS potentially beating Sydney to Logue

Gee it really is quite amazing how Simpkin has seemingly not dropped at all despite pretty much not playing at all in his draft year.
When I’d heard that he broke his leg I was really hoping we could the beneficiary and pick up a bit of a bargain at our second pick.

Gee it really is quite amazing how Simpkin has seemingly not dropped at all despite pretty much not playing at all in his draft year. When I'd heard that he broke his leg I was really hoping we could the beneficiary and pick up a bit of a bargain at our second pick.
Was awesome as an underager last year and looked destined to kill it this year aswell. His only TAC game this year he got 26 touches and 4 goals. Was always going to be a top 10 pick and Selwood has proven you shouldn't pass on a gun despite a draft year injury
Gee it really is quite amazing how Simpkin has seemingly not dropped at all despite pretty much not playing at all in his draft year. When I'd heard that he broke his leg I was really hoping we could the beneficiary and pick up a bit of a bargain at our second pick.
Was awesome as an underager last year and looked destined to kill it this year aswell. His only TAC game this year he got 26 touches and 4 goals. Was always going to be a top 10 pick and Selwood has proven you shouldn't pass on a gun despite a draft year injury

I know. Was hoping people would conveniently forget and let him slip through to our second pick :smiley:

I have a tendency of liking any player whose highlights I see, but definitely do not mind the look of Dan Venables - particularly if we go for McGrath at 1. Are we a chance with 20? The fact that he wasn’t invited to the draft suggests that we are.

I know. Was hoping people would conveniently forget and let him slip through to our second pick :smiley:

I just hoping he tells these clubs how much he would love to play for Essendon haha

Interesting news that Josh Battle has been invited to the draft and is said to be 194cm and not 192cm.

Interesting news that Josh Battle has been invited to the draft and is said to be 194cm and not 192cm.

Is the list of invitees out there in the public domain somewhere? Or are you just personally hearing random players names in dribs and drabs?

Not what I have heard.

Is the list of invitees out there in the public domain somewhere? Or are you just personally hearing random players names in dribs and drabs?

Someone apparently close to Battle said this, no there isn’t an offical list try nagging Brett Anderson for it on twitter cos pretty sure he knows haha

Not what I have heard.

What have you heard

Not what I have heard.

What have you heard

That Gallucci was the surprise invite and with Battle expected to go at about 25-35, I would be stunned if he was invited.

A chance at top ten then.

I wonder what the deal is with invitations, is it;

• Shifter having a stab
  • Clubs dropping 4-5 players as potential and then they invite the top 15 most common
  • Tin Foil Hat - the AFL has already decided the top ten picks and its all a sham.

Not what I have heard.

What have you heard

That Gallucci was the surprise invite and with Battle expected to go at about 25-35, I would be stunned if he was invited.

From someone who knows the family they said that Freo, swans, GC, Adelaide, Port Adelaide and us are very keen on him with Port all but certain to draft him with one of their 2 first round picks if he lasts that long

Not what I have heard.

What have you heard

From someone who knows the family they said that Freo, swans, GC, Adelaide, Port Adelaide and us are very keen on him with Port all but certain to draft him with one of their 2 first round picks if he lasts that long

Freo pull a crazy move and take him at 7?

Not what I have heard.

What have you heard

Freo pull a crazy move and take him at 7?

That would really spice up the first round you would think