Options for picks 20 and 29 (before Academy shenanigans)

Road to the Drafts Mock Draft had us taking Pepper Powell at 20

No offence to Cal Twomey, he provides good analysis, but I don’t think he has anywhere near the access that EQ has. She generally has a good idea which clubs are looking at which players, dont think Cal does

Cal has a lot of access I’d say he has more than any other media person when it comes to the draft these days

No offence to Cal Twomey, he provides good analysis, but I don’t think he has anywhere near the access that EQ has. She generally has a good idea which clubs are looking at which players, dont think Cal does

Cal has a lot of access I’d say he has more than any other media person when it comes to the draft these days

From what I understand. The draftees love talking to him.

From what I understand. The draftees love talking to him.

I’ve spoken to him before, well spoken and polite. He doesn’t come across as annoying or rude and his a Bombers supporter which makes him naturally more likeable haha

Michael Ablett said that Essendon should take Powell-Pepper, not Cal.

I can’t see us doing it. We’ve moved away from that type of big bodied player that’s lacks quality foot skills. Merve Keane loves good ball users, and I can’t image Woosha would be overly happy with a player like Powell-Pepper when players like Venables, Shai Bolton & Josh Rotham is available.

I can’t see us doing it. We’ve moved away from that type of big bodied player that’s lacks quality foot skills. Merve Keane loves good ball users, and I can’t image Woosha would be overly happy with a player like Powell-Pepper when players like Venables, Shai Bolton & Josh Rotham is available.

I didn’t think there was much available at 20.
All the guys we wanted to be available were gone - Berry, Simpkin, florent, Marshall, Battle, Witherden,
I don’t think Cal would have went powell pepper. most likely veneables as that was his next pick .

Of all those players you mentioned the only one I wouldn't take over Powell-Pepper is Bolton, he butchers the footy by foot as much if not more than SPP he needs to compose himself more when kicking to be any more than a forward at AFL level. He is a great metres gained player so if he can turn those metres into effective kicks he could become a very damaging wingman much like SPP could be a damaging mid if he fixed up his kicking

I didn’t think there was much available at 20.
All the guys we wanted to be available were gone - Berry, Simpkin, florent, Marshall, Battle, Witherden,
I don’t think Cal would have went powell pepper. most likely veneables as that was his next pick .

This draft is too hard. Can we go back to a spud one again?

Can any one tell me our picks in all drafts as of now. Assuming Smack is rookie, Long is a rookie, and we have not signed Richards. Thanks

Emma has admitted that she has taken a bit more of a back seat role this year when it comes to the draft.

Emma has admitted that she has taken a bit more of a back seat role this year when it comes to the draft.

Yeah I can tell. I don’t expect her phantom to be as spot on as usual this year. But in years past I think she has had better access not just to players but also recruiters. Has generally gotten the top 15 or so spot on

Still, I love Cal Twomey’s work. He knows all the players strengths and weaknesses and tries to provide deep analysis, unlike the rest of them.

Of all those players you mentioned the only one I wouldn't take over Powell-Pepper is Bolton, he butchers the footy by foot as much if not more than SPP he needs to compose himself more when kicking to be any more than a forward at AFL level. He is a great metres gained player so if he can turn those metres into effective kicks he could become a very damaging wingman much like SPP could be a damaging mid if he fixed up his kicking

I am not a massive one for stats for the most part but I did see the other day that Shai Bolton went at just 32% disposal efficiency during the National Champs. Across 4 matches.

That’s not just a little bit off, that is a real problem.

Anyone actually have the list of Road to Draft Mock Draft order…? Without the need of listening to podcast.

Can any one tell me our picks in all drafts as of now. Assuming Smack is rookie, Long is a rookie, and we have not signed Richards. Thanks

but other than pick 1 the others will be adjusted by academy bids and picks used.

I am not a massive one for stats for the most part but I did see the other day that Shai Bolton went at just 32% disposal efficiency during the National Champs. Across 4 matches.

You read it wrong.

He had a total of 32 effective disposals out of 54, so had a DE% of 59%

You read it wrong.

He had a total of 32 effective disposals out of 54, so had a DE% of 59%

Ahhhh I did too, cheers mate!!

That’s not so bad then but certainly not great either.

We are down to 4 picks max in the draft following Green being picked up.
That would become 3 if we were to pick up Richards.
So picks 1, 20, 29 and possibly 41. And only 2 rookie A spots if McKernan is added back as a rookie.
For mine, that is a little light on. We seem to have gone for depth and backups rather than looking for late value in the draft and rookie drafts.
It should mean a strong VFL team, although that should not be a priority.

Edit: I forgot McKernan delisting. So max 5 picks or 4 plus Richards.

We are down to 4 picks max in the draft following Green being picked up. That would become 3 if we were to pick up Richards. So picks 1, 20, 29 and possibly 41. And only 2 rookie A spots if McKernan is added back as a rookie. For mine, that is a little light on. We seem to have gone for depth and backups rather than looking for late value in the draft and rookie drafts. It should mean a strong VFL team, although that should not be a priority.

Your numbers aren’t right.

Possibly because you haven’t accounted for the ability to change the size of the senior list / rookie list numbers.

At present we have 5 senior list spots available, and 3 rookie spots, plus the Rookie B list.

Tell Eades to fark off and pick up Long or Rioli instead

Looks like GWS are going to kick up a stink over potential draft sanctions.

The individuals involved are accepting suspensions (Whitfield, Allen and Lambert) but it smells to me like they are trying to angle for some deal where those particular individuals take the wrap and therefore that should somehow absolve the club itself of copping a punishment in the form of draft penalties.

Bugger. Was hoping their pick 15 would be wiped out and also open up more possibilities for other clubs getting their academy players throughout the draft.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/greater-western-sydney-giants/greater-western-sydney-giants-to-fight-any-draft-sanctions-imposed-on-them-by-afl/news-story/71c88d3a5394e0676faf4a7a7c18f35d

They will contest and lose and they know it. They are expecting to go into debt for Setterfield and Perryman and will forgo all their others like Kobe Mutch (with perhaps the exception of Macredie who they owe a bit to).

I’m not sure this is the case mate.

I just have this feeling that this is one of these stage managed, orchestrated decisions where GWS have said ‘alright we’ll cop x, y and z to keep you happy if it means we are not stripped of draft picks.’

The AFL commission had a chance to announce it today if it were happening. As it is there are only 10 days to go.

Now it will be delay, delay until close to D-day and just hope people don’t care.