Options for picks 20 and 29 (before Academy shenanigans)

1. Mc Grath
  2. Florent

both can win there own ball and brake away from a stoppage with pace, both can play in the midfeild. Both can win a game of their own boot. Ones a mid/back, ones a mid/fwd.

Florent would be an amazing get at 20. From what I’ve seen he could easily go top dozen or so. Dunno how realistic the likelihood of him lasting is, but it’d be awesome if he did.

Anyone who criticises Dodoro and Keane for picking up Redman and Morgan on the basis of phantom drafts needs to shut up for at least a couple more years

Remember when we called Cale Hooker at pick 54 no one knew who he was! Wasnt in any phanotm drafts…if I recall correctly they couldnt even find a profile pic! I remeber on Blitz the vibe at the time was ‘who the fck is that’. Trust in Dodo

Remember when he called out Gumbleton at 2.

Not by choice

If still available the following would be great value at our second and third picks and some maybe even for our 4th pick. Hopefully not wishful thinking trying to be realistic they will still be available.

Oliver Florent/Jarrod Berry/Sam Powell Pepper/Will Hayward/Jordan Galluci/Brad Scheer/Cedric Cox/Shai Bolton
Daniel Venables/Josh Battle/Jordan Ridley/Jack Graham/Josh Rotham
Patrick Kerr/Will Drew/Bailey Morrish/Myles Poholke

Well given you’ve listed 17 players and left out the top 10 or so. Then no, it is not wishful thinking players on this list will be available at 20 and 29. Also given the numbers you have presented alone, by definition, many of these players will most certainly not represent good value at 20 and probably 29 for some also.

Better ■■■■■■■ not be an "Ariel Steinberg over Luke Parker" type smokie.

Such a lazy, regurgitated comment. Not even Sydney rated him as they picked Jed Lamb 20 picks before Parker.

Pick 20. Florent if available. Venables or Battle would also be great.
Pick 29. Begley. Kicks goals.

Not by choice

Gumby was his choice, Gumby’s injuries were not.

Not by choice

Gumby was his choice, Gumby’s injuries were not.

I was referring to the whole remembering thing.

I remember Gumby looking like a fantastic prospect till his back went.

With next years draft having a wealth of quality tall options why would we pick Marshall at 20 with so many quality mids this year?

It’s vital to bolster the midfield now while the quality is there in the draft as our current list of talls are not going anywhere soon and I think a few of our aging midfielders will be moved on over the next 2 years.

Being fine defensively in the tall department we can recruit tall forwards next year and go with Daniher-Stewart-Hooker-Brown this year. We’re right in the small forwards dept now.

With next years draft having a wealth of quality tall options why would we pick Marshall at 20 with so many quality mids this year?

It’s vital to bolster the midfield now while the quality is there in the draft as our current list of talls are not going anywhere soon and I think a few of our aging midfielders will be moved on over the next 2 years.

Being fine defensively in the tall department we can recruit tall forwards next year and go with Daniher-Stewart-Hooker-Brown this year. We’re right in the small forwards dept now.

Marshall at 20 would be a bargain. Will take plenty of time, and may never make it, but he has all the attributes. The amount of raw talent this guy has is enormous. Boom or bust but worth it with a pick in the 20’s for sure.

If he’s still there at 20, I wouldn’t hesitate to take Marshall, I’ve seen enough in the games I’ve watched to suggest he’s got more then enough talent.

Port or Dogs will get Marshall. Battle likely available but do we actually rate him is the next question?

If there is another quality mid that has slipped through to 20 then my guess is we would draft him.

Port or Dogs will get Marshall. Battle likely available but do we actually rate him is the next question?

If there is another quality mid that has slipped through to 20 then my guess is we would draft him.

A genuine half back flanker at 20 is a need. Sounds like Berry will be gone. Hopefully Witherden, Rotham or Bolton are available.

Kelly slots straight into Hibberds role at Half Back for 2017. Then a spot will open up for one of those guys or Alex Morgan.

SHAI
BOLTON

Better not be another Redman Morgan smokie

Wouldn’t mind it being long or begley

What if it’s a Blaine Boekhorst smokie?

He will have to quit the habit before pre-season training.

Marshall at 20 would be a bargain. Will take plenty of time, and may never make it, but he has all the attributes. The amount of raw talent this guy has is enormous. Boom or bust but worth it with a pick in the 20’s for sure.

Thanks Todd

Battle could be a Langford like pick…turns into high hff who runs through the midfield

Superb by foot from what I have seen