Options for picks 20 and 29 (before Academy shenanigans)

4-5 good half back flankers who one day could develop to go into the midfield.

You know it

Mmmmm yummy 2020 midfield

Feel like we're going to miss out on a Witherden or Florent by 1 pick. If only the AFL had the balls to strip GWS of a couple of picks!

Happy to miss out on Witherden. Don’t need 2 hbf’s with our first 2 picks.

I watched the All Stars game today and have to say this - if we do somehow get Florent at 20, then this is a successful draft day regardless of the later picks.

I’d love Venables but it doesn’t seem like he will last. I’d also really like Cox to but he seems rated around the mid 20’s so he is probably in between both of our second rounders.

I'd love Venables but it doesn't seem like he will last. I'd also really like Cox to but he seems rated around the mid 20's so he is probably in between both of our second rounders.

Venables likes Essendon. Helped him out a bit this year.

I'd love Venables but it doesn't seem like he will last. I'd also really like Cox to but he seems rated around the mid 20's so he is probably in between both of our second rounders.

Venables likes Essendon. Helped him out a bit this year.

thanks woosh.

I have a feeling Venables will last. I also have a feeling we won’t pick him.

Hope I am wrong - he and MCG would be a great pairing for our first and second picks, I reckon.

I have a feeling Venables will last. I also have a feeling we won't pick him.

Hope I am wrong - he and MCG would be a great pairing for our first and second picks, I reckon.

Just wanted to point out that you were very farking wrong.

Venables rightly rated much higher.

If we pick McGrath who is the best attacking mid in the 20 range?

Florent or Venables i think.

I’d be pleasantly surprised if either of them (or Simpkin) is available.

My tip is that we’ll take Begley with one of our second rounders. Few whispers.

Annoyingly enough, i seem to have attended multiple games he’s played in, but not taken particular notice of him so I can’t offer an opinion on him…

My predictions were pretty good this year…

Just found this interesting and brought it across over here.

Why?

So we have catalogued reasons dating back to when we start flipping out about how ■■■■ our picks in the 20s were.

There’s a few mentions of Begley in this thread, despite the “who is this fat kid we wasted a second rounder on” reactions on draft day.

I just find any info on what the recruiters were thinking interesting. I don’t know if I’m the only one. It didn’t seem worthy of a new thread and this was the best fit.