Oscar Pistorius

Sunday Night is farking shocking. One of their journalists should've been jailed for farking with the Falconio case.

Haven't you realised yet? Journalists don't report the news, they are the news.

I find it very hard to believe that the people were split 50/50.

The guy trying to make a fair and reasonable argument, that gunshots through the door sound the same as a cricket bat hitting the door. Freaking spare me.

Yeah, you can hear a cricket bat hitting a door from 3-500m away......absolute tripe.

Yeah, you can hear a cricket bat hitting a door from 3-500m away......absolute tripe.

That's where the interviewer, if he had an ounce of a brain, should have stepped in and said "Sorry, but do you understand how absolutely ridiculous you sound right now?"

So how many individual bangs were heard that night? 

Four gun shots, plus how many hits with the bat on the door?

So how many individual bangs were heard that night? 

Four gun shots, plus how many hits with the bat on the door?

About the ave amount of bangs per minute on the sorry saga thread

I still cannot understand the logic behind shooting at the door even if there was an intruder? Wouldn’t the logic be to say “who’s there?” If you’re not sure?

I still cannot understand the logic behind shooting at the door even if there was an intruder? Wouldn't the logic be to say "who's there?" If you're not sure?

I think if you are a gun nut it is a case of shooting first and asking questions later.

I still cannot understand the logic behind shooting at the door even if there was an intruder? Wouldn't the logic be to say "who's there?" If you're not sure?

I think if you are a gun nut it is a case of shooting first and asking questions later.
He would have been exonerated and received a commendation for bravery if it was the U.S.

I don't usually follow cases like this, but I have done. He's obviously got a very good legal team at his disposal,and all they are trying to do is cast "reasonable doubt". It's the same with the Rainey trial in WA a few years ago, he was charged with killing his wife, but managed to create enough doubt to escape conviction. I know of Sth Africans who came out here and as has been said, they lived in fear of intruders and always had firearms in the house. The fact he didn't yell out to Reeva to see where she was is a sign, as well as the toilet door being locked, that she was hiding from him and that his intention was to harm.

It's actually completely different from the Rainey trial. There's no doubt that Pistorius shot Reva and his defence is based on the idea that he didn't really mean to do it.
The prosecution case against Rainey was really that his marriage was in trouble, his wife was dead, therefore he must have killed her.
Rainey always denied that he killed his wife, and there were two basic problems for the prosecution. The first was that there was no real positive evidence that he did kill her. The second was that the prosecution could not put together a credible account of how he could possibly have done it. The judge (there was no jury) agreed: he held that it was not physically possible for Rainey to have killed his wife, given the way she was killed, where her body was found and what was objectively known about Rainey's movements.
The Baden-Clay trial in Brisbane right now is like the Rainey case. There's no doubt that the husband is a serial adulterer and generally a despicable man, but given what is known about where he and his wife were on the night before she disappeared and where the body was found, it's very hard to put together a credible account of how he might have killed her. But there's a jury this time and they might convict him anyway.

Of course.
Or maybe he's a rage filled deliberate killer who knew exactly who was behind that door.

Of course.
Or maybe he's a rage filled deliberate killer who knew exactly who was behind that door.

I'm not sure whether it matters whether he knew who was behind the door or not. He was obviously shooting to kill, and that would be murder here whether it was Reva or a burglar behind the door. Maybe it's different in South Africa and you're allowed to murder burglars.

Of course.

I'm not sure whether it matters whether he knew who was behind the door or not. He was obviously shooting to kill, and that would be murder here whether it was Reva or a burglar behind the door. Maybe it's different in South Africa and you're allowed to murder burglars.

I've got no problem with murdering burglars.  If someone invades your home in the middle of the night then I think should should be able to blast the f#%ker to Kingdom Come. 

Of course.
I've got no problem with murdering burglars. If someone invades your home in the middle of the night then I think should should be able to blast the f#%ker to Kingdom Come.

Yes, well, I'm sure you'll find your spiritual home somewhere in Texas or perhaps Alabama.

Of course.
I've got no problem with murdering burglars. If someone invades your home in the middle of the night then I think should should be able to blast the f#%ker to Kingdom Come.

Yes, well, I'm sure you'll find your spiritual home somewhere in Texas or perhaps Alabama.

Florida...there you are allowed to shoot someone for wearing a hoodie, if they also happen to be black.

Of course.

Florida...there you are allowed to shoot someone for wearing a hoodie, if they also happen to be black.

Or maybe you can go for a jog and get shot by people wanting a good time, if you happen to be white.

Should be a poll. Judging by the above I'm thinking 97% guilty and 3% not guilty. Whether he did it on purpose or not he deserves to be put away for being a gun psycho. 

Of course.

I've got no problem with murdering burglars.  If someone invades your home in the middle of the night then I think should should be able to blast the f#%ker to Kingdom Come. 

Yeah because all burglars are evil. None of them could possibly be desperate people just trying to survive. Especially in paradises like South Africa.

Of course.

Yeah because all burglars are evil. None of them could possibly be desperate people just trying to survive. Especially in paradises like South Africa.

Nah South Africa isn't a paradise, it's quote poverty stricken so burglars would be desperate for sure.

Should be a poll. Judging by the above I'm thinking 97% guilty and 3% not guilty. Whether he did it on purpose or not he deserves to be put away for being a gun psycho. 

I'd be very surprised if asada can prove his guilt to their comfortable satisfaction