Oscar Pistorius

I still cannot understand the logic behind shooting at the door even if there was an intruder? Wouldn't the logic be to say "who's there?" If you're not sure?

I think if you are a gun nut it is a case of shooting first and asking questions later.

Of course.
Or maybe he's a rage filled deliberate killer who knew exactly who was behind that door.

I'm not sure whether it matters whether he knew who was behind the door or not. He was obviously shooting to kill, and that would be murder here whether it was Reva or a burglar behind the door. Maybe it's different in South Africa and you're allowed to murder burglars.
I've got no problem with murdering burglars.  If someone invades your home in the middle of the night then I think should should be able to blast the f#%ker to Kingdom Come.
Yeah because all burglars are evil. None of them could possibly be desperate people just trying to survive. Especially in paradises like South Africa.
I'm sorry, but I'm probably not going to sit around and ask them and potentially risk my life or the life of my family. Especially in the violent paradise that is South Africa.
To me there is no worse a feeling than the thought of someome , who let's face it is likely to be a drug addict with a rap sheet the size of Wilsons Hird fetish, lurking around your house whilst you and your loved ones sleep.

I heard it was because of an argument about decorating the bathroom.

He wanted to redo the door but she was dead against it.

Too soon? Nah...stuff it.

I still cannot understand the logic behind shooting at the door even if there was an intruder? Wouldn't the logic be to say "who's there?" If you're not sure?

I think if you are a gun nut it is a case of shooting first and asking questions later.

Of course.
Or maybe he's a rage filled deliberate killer who knew exactly who was behind that door.

I'm not sure whether it matters whether he knew who was behind the door or not. He was obviously shooting to kill, and that would be murder here whether it was Reva or a burglar behind the door. Maybe it's different in South Africa and you're allowed to murder burglars.
I've got no problem with murdering burglars.  If someone invades your home in the middle of the night then I think should should be able to blast the f#%ker to Kingdom Come.
Yeah because all burglars are evil. None of them could possibly be desperate people just trying to survive. Especially in paradises like South Africa.
I'm sorry, but I'm probably not going to sit around and ask them and potentially risk my life or the life of my family. Especially in the violent paradise that is South Africa.
To me there is no worse a feeling than the thought of someome , who let's face it is likely to be a drug addict with a rap sheet the size of Wilsons Hird fetish, lurking around your house whilst you and your loved ones sleep.

'Cause the only two options are "shoot to kill" or "make them hot chocolate and tell them the combination to the safe"

Of course.

'Cause the only two options are "shoot to kill" or "make them hot chocolate and tell them the combination to the safe"
Tell me what else you'd do at 4am, being confronted by a man invading your families home whose intentions you don't know.
Btw I think Oscar is as guilty as they come.

I've struggled with the complexities of this case but I have come to the conclusion thanks to Reeva herself that Oscar is guilty. The simple fact that in the early hours of the morning in an ensuite toilet barely metres from their bed she had locked the door speaks volumes for her mind set at that time. Oscar shoots 4 rounds into that toilet without a single consideration regarding it's occupancy. If it was an intruder he had them trapped and the fact that he was armed made it a simple case of call the police and lay charges. He could have turned on the light switches and alerted Reeva if she was in bed. He had the loaded gun and was in control. Too many flaws in his version of events I'm afraid.

Bang. Bang. Bang. Bang.

Who’s there?

Bang bang bang.

Reeva?

Bang bang bang.

Is that you?

Probably would not lock myself in the bathroom if I was robbing a joint

Of course.
Tell me what else you'd do at 4am, being confronted by a man invading your families home whose intentions you don't know.

I don't think "confronted" is quite the right word. The "burglar" (i.e. Reva) was cowering behind the toilet door.

Of course.

I don't think "confronted" is quite the right word. The "burglar" (i.e. Reva) was cowering behind the toilet door.

I'm not talking about this situation, I'm talking about burglars in general.  I think Oscar simply murdered her when she mistook his stump for his manhood.

Say he had cornered a genuine burglar in the toilet, how on earth are you to know that HE doesn't have a gun and will start shooting through the door any moment. Especially in a violent place like South Africa?

planning a clean getaway

planning a clean getaway
It'd be too easy to flush you out.

Who really cares about some minor celeb from a country far, far away.  For crying out loud get back to working out how we will beat the Gordon Dogs this week.

Who really cares about some minor celeb from a country far, far away.  For crying out loud get back to working out how we will beat the Gordon Dogs this week.

rugby tours

Surprised there's no vision of the incident.  You'd reckon there would be at least some footage from stumpcam.

I've struggled with the complexities of this case but I have come to the conclusion thanks to Reeva herself that Oscar is guilty. The simple fact that in the early hours of the morning in an ensuite toilet barely metres from their bed she had locked the door speaks volumes for her mind set at that time. Oscar shoots 4 rounds into that toilet without a single consideration regarding it's occupancy. If it was an intruder he had them trapped and the fact that he was armed made it a simple case of call the police and lay charges. He could have turned on the light switches and alerted Reeva if she was in bed. He had the loaded gun and was in control. Too many flaws in his version of events I'm afraid.

Neighbours claim that the lights were on at the time of the shooting. 

Surprised there's no vision of the incident.  You'd reckon there would be at least some footage from stumpcam.

I laughed.

2014_08_03_21_12_07.jpg

planning a clean getaway
It'd be too easy to flush you out.

Turd burglar

This is possibly the best post in the history of this site.

Wait? It was an ensuite?

So where does he suppose he thought she was if he was in the bedroom, by himself, in the middle of the night, and the bathroom door was locked and some unknown person was in there?