Oscar Racism

Just flicked on the oscars and the way Chris Rock was carrying on and on and on was ■■■■■■ pathetic!
If a white host went on like that there seriously would be riots!
Is it not deemed racist for blacks to be racist against whites?

Possibly the only thing I care less about than black people complaining that they got no Oscar nominations this year is white people complaining about black people complaining about getting no Oscar nominations this year.

Get some perspective, ffs.

Thread has potential

Chris Rock did a great job. You have to listen to the entire opening monologue to understand how he used wit and satire to dissect not just the lack of diversity but also the folks complaining about it. His takedown of Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith is one example.

Racial tension is a huge, unsolved issue here in the US. Chris Rock’s effort last night (well, 90% of it) was incredible.

Yeah give white people a break for once!

#whitesalright

BENFTI

Thread has potential

The oscars are a massive load of wank. A little group of elites, voting to give gold statues to another little group of elites. Why would they vote for bleks? They don’t live in our world FFS, no one should give a ■■■■ about the whole thing. Just another stupid distraction for the nuffies. I hate the oscars.

The Oscars - Circle Jerk for the Rich.

The oscars are a massive load of wank. A little group of elites, voting to give gold statues to another little group of elites. Why would they vote for bleks? They don't live in our world FFS, no one should give a ■■■■ about the whole thing. Just another stupid distraction for the nuffies. I hate the oscars.

Just another reason why l don’t watch any award shows.

Don’t hold back BG, … tell us how you really feel …

The oscars are a massive load of wank. A little group of elites, voting to give gold statues to another little group of elites. Why would they vote for bleks? They don't live in our world FFS, no one should give a ■■■■ about the whole thing. Just another stupid distraction for the nuffies. I hate the oscars.

Maybe a Logies-like system where the readers of TV Week get to decide would be a better alternative? Or should we just base it on ticket sales?

Maybe a Logies-like system where the readers of TV Week get to decide would be a better alternative? Or should we just base it on ticket sales?

Or maybe just scrap it altogether.

After all it is just an industry patting itself on the back.

^

Like any award, medal, etc

If you like it, watch it.

Don’t like it, don’t watch it.

Simples

^

Like any award, medal, etc

If you like it, watch it.

Don’t like it, don’t watch it.

Simples

I don’t like it and didn’t watch it, but even ABC were carrying on. Also I love ranting on blitz.

The amount of money paid to movie “stars” is disgusting when you think about it.

Sometimes they put in long hours and go through some really uncomfortable shitt, eg: Leo in the Revenant, - but holy hell, it’s essentially playing games, something you do for fun as a kid, it’s hardly worth getting payed 20 million or something for.

And whenever they get the chance, any time they’re not driving their Prius, or eating Kale soup, with Kale fkn croutons, and gluten free rolls, they’re so willing to share their social conscience on all matters of climate change, racism, gay rights, or whatever might be the trendy cause of the moment, … but you never hear them say, “I get paid an obscene amount of money for having a ball & pretending for a living, I’m giving 19 of the 20 mill to starving African children” … do you?

There’s a couple that make a token effort, but by & large, … pretty much stuff all.

If ever a particular group of people should put their money where their mouth is, it’s this bunch of pretentious fkers.

Or maybe just scrap it altogether.

After all it is just an industry patting itself on the back.

Why scrap it? All industries recognise and reward excellence in their field. Should we scrap the Brownlow, Grammys, Archibald etc… too?

EDIT: What Darli said.

The amount of money paid to movie “stars” is disgusting when you think about it.

Sometimes they put in long hours and go through some really uncomfortable shitt, eg: Leo in the Revenant, - but holy hell, it’s essentially playing games, something you do for fun as a kid, it’s hardly worth getting payed 20 million or something for.

And whenever they get the chance, any time they’re not driving their Prius, or eating Kale soup, with Kale fkn croutons, and gluten free rolls, they’re so willing to share their social conscience on all matters of climate change, racism, gay rights, or whatever might be the trendy cause of the moment, … but you never hear them say, “I get paid an obscene amount of money for having a ball & pretending for a living, I’m giving 19 of the 20 mill to starving African children” … do you?

There’s a couple that make a token effort, but by & large, … pretty much stuff all.

If ever a particular group of people should put their money where their mouth is, it’s this bunch of pretentious fkers.

Well, they get paid on what the movies (generally, accounting for the occasional bomb) make. I doubt Leo would get paid $15-20m if his movies all flopped at the box office. I am more aghast at the female actors being paid less even when they are leading in a particular movie (looking at you J-Law).

On a tangent, Chris Rock’s joke about Will Smith being overpaid for Wild Wild West was hysterical.

EDIT: What Darli said.

The world would be a much nicer place if everyone subscribed to this theory :smile: