Oscar Racism

Rock’s putdown of jada pinkett smith was brilliant.

Denzel Washington got a totally undeserved Oscar for Training Day. Totally hammed it up.

Our Rusty had to win that for A Beautiful Mind.

Anyhow they’re placating the black vote for next year by making a movie about Barack and Michelle Obama. They reckon George Clooney and Nicole Kidman are shoe-ins for Oscars for the two leads.

The oscars are a massive load of wank. A little group of elites, voting to give gold statues to another little group of elites. Why would they vote for bleks? They don't live in our world FFS, no one should give a ■■■■ about the whole thing. Just another stupid distraction for the nuffies. I hate the oscars.

The amount of money paid to movie “stars” is disgusting when you think about it.

Sometimes they put in long hours and go through some really uncomfortable shitt, eg: Leo in the Revenant, - but holy hell, it’s essentially playing games, something you do for fun as a kid, it’s hardly worth getting payed 20 million or something for.

And whenever they get the chance, any time they’re not driving their Prius, or eating Kale soup, with Kale fkn croutons, and gluten free rolls, they’re so willing to share their social conscience on all matters of climate change, racism, gay rights, or whatever might be the trendy cause of the moment, … but you never hear them say, “I get paid an obscene amount of money for having a ball & pretending for a living, I’m giving 19 of the 20 mill to starving African children” … do you?

There’s a couple that make a token effort, but by & large, … pretty much stuff all.

If ever a particular group of people should put their money where their mouth is, it’s this bunch of pretentious fkers.

It’s a freaking hard job and notoriously hard industry to get into and stay in. Actors, by and large, work ■■■■■■ hard when they’re working.

I liked the irony of the closing credits when the stage was full of white award recipients all high fiving each other whist PE’s Fight the Power played over the top.

Denzel Washington got a totally undeserved Oscar for Training Day. Totally hammed it up.

Anyhow they’re placating the black vote for next year by making a movie about Barack and Michelle Obama. They reckon George Clooney and Nicole Kidman are shoe-ins for Oscars for the two leads.

l heard it wasn’t Clooney, but Fiennes, the younger.

And Straight Outta Compton should have won something just for the excitement of having the surviving members potentially kill each other on live tv.

The oscars are a massive load of wank. A little group of elites, voting to give gold statues to another little group of elites. Why would they vote for bleks? They don't live in our world FFS, no one should give a ■■■■ about the whole thing. Just another stupid distraction for the nuffies. I hate the oscars.

Maybe a Logies-like system where the readers of TV Week get to decide would be a better alternative? Or should we just base it on ticket sales?

Or maybe just scrap it altogether.

After all it is just an industry patting itself on the back.

Why scrap it? All industries recognise and reward excellence in their field. Should we scrap the Brownlow, Grammys, Archibald etc… too?

EDIT: What Darli said.

I wasn’t aware that in the Brownlow for example, players and their managers take out full page ads in all the trade papers, mags etc, for months leading up to the event basically begging for votes. Also was unaware that players and their managers wined and dined as many of the voting umpires as the could in an attempt to lock away their votes. I must have missed a lot.

They are not similar in any way really.

Racial tension is a huge, unsolved issue here in the US.
Very true; even in liberal cesspools like Ithaca (Sodom), New York State, society is still obviously split white/black.

But it’s funny to be ■■■■■■■■ specifically about the Oscars, who gave Best Picture to the godawful Crash.

Maybe a Logies-like system where the readers of TV Week get to decide would be a better alternative? Or should we just base it on ticket sales?

Why scrap it? All industries recognise and reward excellence in their field. Should we scrap the Brownlow, Grammys, Archibald etc… too?

I wasn’t aware that in the Brownlow for example, players and their managers take out full page ads in all the trade papers, mags etc, for months leading up to the event basically begging for votes. Also was unaware that players and their managers wined and dined as many of the voting umpires as the could in an attempt to lock away their votes. I must have missed a lot.

"Geez this is a nice limo

Yes it is. Now suck my ■■■■"

Just one more thing Parker & Stone satirised far more succinctly than anyone else has.

The kid from beasts of no nation deserved it.

Do I sense some bitterness?

FWIW I loved your character in Gran Torino.

No, no bitterness.
Just pointing out glaring differences/inaccuracies.

But seeing you liked Gran Torino so much.

And here I was thinking this thread was about the Oprah/Whoopi Goldberg mix up on twitter

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-29/oprah-winfrey-whoopie-goldberg-tweet/7207518

No, no bitterness.
Just pointing out glaring differences/inaccuracies.

But seeing you liked Gran Torino so much.

Where’s the man bun? :wink:

Good looking … hat!

Oscar Racism is an awesome name for a villain from the 1800’s.

Oscar Racism is an awesome name for a villain from the 1800's.
I was thinking he'd be the character in a video they'd play to primary school kids in the 60s... "kids, don't throw things at darkies, even though they do stink"

Our rusty?
The wolf was excellent in training day.
Tough crowd there mr noonan.

Tucking your t-shirt into jeans is an audacious fashion maneuver.

I though Rusty was a c*nt in Gladiator. So much so that I was going for Joaquin Phoenix.