Other Games Round 9

It’s bright sunshine now, and they’re shrivelling appropriately. What a crying shame.

1 Like

Easy win by Freo in the end

Shows how even the year is that Freo are now 5th.

The bottom 3 on the ladder is amazing at the min.

■■■■ Carlton
Whorethorn
Brisbane

1 Like

Lachie Neale!
He is one player I’d gladly hand over 2 first rounders and $1m a year for. If he played over in Victoria they hype over him would be greater than Rance/Weitering and Treloar combined. Absolute gun

1 Like

Was severely aided by a brew or two while Mrs Scotty21 was at work.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/footage-shows-dustin-martin-should-have-been-given-50-metre-penalty-late-in-richmonds-loss-to-gws-giants/news-story/438f5b4936930670c32b2bab15d18f2c

yep was a 50, Cameron knew as well, cheating ■■■■ he orchestrated that well

really bad by the ump as well, what happened to clearing out all players on the man on the mark, they were doing this last year weren’t they?

after the freo game though i have no idea what the rules are anymore

There is one catch that might justify it.

If he’s within 5 metres of opponent?

If you look at where the mark was paid, Martin’s clearly off the line so it should have been play on, except the umpire didn’t call it so it should have been 50 except Grigg was crowding the man on the mark so it should have been reset. Solid umpiring.

You shouldn’t get 50 when your teammate is so close to the man on the mark.

I’d either ban a teammate being too close to the man on the mark, ie shepherding, or call play on when the teammate gets too close.

1 Like

Is it a rule you can’t shepherd the man on the mark? Eagles did it on sunday against mcgrath. Hawks been doing it for years. Never seen the umps try to stop it

The rule (as currently “interpreted”) is that you’re not allowd to draw level with the man on the mark or make contact until the umpire calls play on, but you can otherwise stand as close as you want. I know it’s been different in the past. No idea why there’s not just a clear rule about it, nor why breaking the rule is a reset rather than a free kick to the infringed player.

Of course, even in that situation you still can’t (legally) shepherd if the ball is >5 metres away. Which overtly happened at least once yesterday.