Other UK Football - 'Don't want to be in the EPL anyway..'

Benik Afobe who transferred from Arsenal to Wolves in January has been lighting it up all year now, after initially scoring 19 goals with MK Dons including a brace against Manchester United in the Capital One Cup.

He’s scored 10 from 15 games with us now and all class. He really has an all round game and is quite deadly in front of goal. Already being looked at by Premier League sides together with Sako, so hopefully we can make a fist of it and sneak promotion otherwise it may well be a different looking wolves next year.

Udinese B Watford have a pretty cruisy run home in the Championship. I’d be backing them for the title from here. Only play 1 top 10 side in their last 5.

Reckon our third goal was a bit nicer than simply sloppy Wolves defending Benny! ■■■■■■ nice finish from an absolute star in Mowatt!

Quoted Post

Reckon our third goal was a bit nicer than simply sloppy Wolves defending Benny! ■■■■■■ nice finish from an absolute star in Mowatt!

Yes, I could’ve been kinder :slight_smile: it was a really sweet finish. Can’t believe he’s only 20- an amazing talent. It’s a real shame what’s happened down at Leeds as they had some real form a month ago…

This weeks fixtures only have a couple of games that should shape things in the promotion race:

Birmingham v Wolves will be big… Derby and Brentford being the other one… Ipswich who have been in ordinary form have drawn Blackpool… lucky.

Fulham v Wigan Athletic
Derby County v Brentford
Birmingham City v Wolverhampton
Bolton Wanderers v Norwich City
Ipswich Town v Blackpool
Leeds United v Cardiff City
Middlesbrough v Rotherham United
Millwall v Watford
Nottingham Forest v Huddersfield Town
Reading v Blackburn Rovers
Sheffield Wednesday v Charlton Athletic

At the other end losses to Millwall and Wigan would probably end their slim survival hopes.

League one is interesting with Bristol City knocking off Swindon Town mid week before their game with Preston on the weekend. A win would guarantee the title.

(Rank, Team, Played, Points)
1 Bristol City 41 88
2 Preston North End 40 80
3 Milton Keynes Dons 40 75
4 Swindon Town 39 70
5 Sheffield United 41 67
6 Chesterfield 41 63
7 Rochdale 40 59
8 Fleetwood Town 41 59

Have paid less attention to league 1 than in previous years, not sure why I ever paid any since we got promoted but hoping Swindon can get up. Not that Luongo will be there next season anyway I guess.

Very close in the promotion race split in two now.

Wolves slipped up on the weekend in the local derby. They have Middlesbrough midweek - a huge game for both clubs. Wolves have Ipswich on the weekend so its do or die for us now.

AFC Bournemouth 80
Norwich City 79
Watford 79
Middlesbrough 78
Derby County 72
Ipswich Town 71
Brentford 71
Wolverhampton 71

Borough 1-0 over Norwich

That’s a huge win for them. Big chance for automatic promotion now.

Yeovil were playing in the Championship 12 months ago, after back to back relegations they will be back in the fourth tier next season

Yeovil were playing in the Championship 12 months ago, after back to back relegations they will be back in the fourth tier next season

Like Northampton Town in the 60s. Went from 4th to 1st in 3 or 4 years, and then took the same length of time to get back down again. The thing they were remembered for was George Best sticking 6 past them when they were up.

Bournemouth blew a big chance to go top, coughed up a 95th minute equaliser to Wednesday

Draw with Wolves keeps Ipswich in the promotion hunt - three points and goal difference clear in sixth with two games left.

Same old same old for Leeds, our season finishes a month before everyone else’s and then 4 months of uncertainty off the pitch. Looks likely the second half of that statement will repeat again.

On a brighter(?) note Steve Morrison scored his first goal for Leeds in 770 days. Not that I’d be fussed if he never scored or played again.

Derby are safe now I think… Ipswich have forest and Blackburn away… Two tough assignments whereas wolves have Wigan and millwall who are still fighting to avoid relegation… Brentford have reading and what should be a relegated Wigan in last round. I think Ipswich will drop points… They were awful v wolves and did not create a single chance in a 1-1 draw (own goal being their score). Mick McCarthy was super negative and had his team playing hoof ball literally all night.

Rovers beat Millwall 2-0, the scum are as good as gone!

Maybe… Rotherham have been found guilty of fielding an ineligible player and the precedent penalty for this is a deduction of 3 points… apparently the league are going to rule on this over the next week. If they do lose 3, they’ll only be 1 point ahead of Millwall and with Derby to come… its not quite game over yet :slight_smile:

Watford beat Brighton 2-0 in the early game. Could be promoted tonight or even be crowned champions if results go their way

Watford promoted