Other UK Football - 'Don't want to be in the EPL anyway..'

Wolves - Leeds this week and televised (of course it would be....). Both clubs up for sale with history and passionate fan bases. An article written during the week stated the obvious that both would be good buys for someone wanting to shoot for the riches of the Premier League.

We drew 1 all with Notts Forest this week and still have major issues starting Afobe (our only real threat) on the bench again… Hopefully we can put a squad on the park that will put on a show for once. Hope its a great game and we sneak a 3-2 win :slight_smile:

You need Derek Dougan and Kenny Wagstaff back.
Wolves - Leeds this week and televised (of course it would be....). Both clubs up for sale with history and passionate fan bases. An article written during the week stated the obvious that both would be good buys for someone wanting to shoot for the riches of the Premier League.

We drew 1 all with Notts Forest this week and still have major issues starting Afobe (our only real threat) on the bench again… Hopefully we can put a squad on the park that will put on a show for once. Hope its a great game and we sneak a 3-2 win :slight_smile:

Derek Dougan died in 2007 and Kenny never played for wolves but I hear he’s a happily retired and refreshed 73 year old so I’d be happy to give him a run.

Derek Dougan died in 2007 and Kenny never played for wolves but I hear he’s a happily retired and refreshed 73 year old so I’d be happy to give him a run.

I’m sure someone called Wagstaff played for Wolves in the 70s. Still remember watching Wolves play Coventry on a black and white TV (pre 1975), and it was absolutely impossible to tell the difference. Old gold vs sky blue.

Kenny Wagstaff…John Richards…you’re splitting hairs there, benny. :slight_smile:

Buggered if I know why I remember Kenny Wagstaff…Hull would never have been on TV here.

I’m sure someone called Wagstaff played for Wolves in the 70s. Still remember watching Wolves play Coventry on a black and white TV (pre 1975), and it was absolutely impossible to tell the difference. Old gold vs sky blue.

Leave it to us old codgers who remember black and white TV, you young whipper-snapper.

Aberdeen moving to 2nd behind Celtic in the SPL. Carn the Dons.

Also, East Kilbride upset Stehousemuir in the 3rd round of the Scottish Cup

Leave it to us old codgers who remember black and white TV, you young whipper-snapper.

granddad used to have one in his garage where nan made him smoke, pretty sure i got a life time full of 2nd hand smoke watching it back in the day.

Leeds v Forest. Both with big history, but nowhere in recent decades.

Top of the league, game in hand. Nice way to finish the year, Derby (currently 2nd) on new year’s day. Hopefully we can make it stick this year.

Top of the league, game in hand. Nice way to finish the year, Derby (currently 2nd) on new year's day. Hopefully we can make it stick this year.

You’re safe already. Four points clear now with a quality squad.

Yup, beating #2 sets us up for a big fall…

And Boro sign Rhodes guaranteeing their promotion. A club with ambition - well done.

Wolves on the other hand sold their prized asset Afobe to Bournemouth for a measly 10mill (who has already netted twice in 3 games) and replaced him with a no. 10 - Joe Mason from Cardiff. It just doesn’t cut it and reading Wolves fans site, they are whinging more than normal which is practically impossible. Following the Wolves transfer moves has been frustrating, but then I am reminded of our Bombers, and it aint so bad.

and typical wolves draw 2-2 with Bolton at home after being up 2 nil with 9 minutes to play… We gifted them their first home win earlier in the season as well. Just like Essendon v Dees earlier this decade, just despicable.

LOLEEDS.

Not confident, at all.

Why can’t I have nice things. Nothing ever changes, just a ■■■■■■■ disgraceful operation being run by Cellino. His time to go has long since passed but now I would advocate removing him by any means necessary.

So burnley, Middlesbrough and brighton all on top of the league with 87 points apiece. And separated by only 3 goals on goal difference. Hull derby and Sheffield Wednesday all round out the 6 with no changes likely. Who are people’s tips?

Derby and Middlesbrough have spent heaps of dough… It’ll be tough on their fans if they don’t go up.

Villa coming down to ensure some great midlands derbies next year. Norwich maybe calming straight down and I hope Sunderland but Newcastle would see some big games in the champs next year!

Bein sports now showing 3 channels on foxtel… And obvious move by foxtel to grab a small redemption after losing the epl…

Will be awesome if the toon and sunderland go down. Be watchin bein every week!

Meanwhile Ipswich Town continue to live by the byline of this thread - 8th place and 8 points behind 6th place Sheffield Wednesday.

Somehow I don’t think they’ll be able to close the gap, what with having one game remaining.

But hey, they’ve found their level - longest serving team in the Championship, since 2002.