Other UK Football - 'Don't want to be in the EPL anyway..'

Hats off to Cloughy who has guided tiny Burton Albion into the Championship for next year

Hats off to Cloughy who has guided tiny Burton Albion into the Championship for next year

One of my ancestral stamping grounds, about 5 generations back.

Man your families been around

Man your families been around

Not really…5 generations is up to 32 families…not like parts of Italy…or Tasmania.

I know of East End, Sussex, Walsall, York, Burton, Tamworth and Trim, Co. Meath, Co Clare and Co Carlow.

The ones from York have been here (or in Tassie) since 1828.

Burnley promoted again, doesn’t do much for me. All there big rivalries are in the championship or lower.

Was hoping the 3 promotions would come from Boro, Derby, Brighton or Sheff Wednesday.

Hoping Sheff Wed.

Another new manager at Elland Road. At any other club I’d say Garry Monk is a shrewd appointment but I can’t see anything changing for us with this madman Cellino in the boardroom.

How’s AFC Wimbledon, now in League One with MK Dons!

Another new manager at Elland Road. At any other club I'd say Garry Monk is a shrewd appointment but I can't see anything changing for us with this madman Cellino in the boardroom.

Odds of him still being there at Christmas?

China-based Fosun International has bought the club from Steve Morgan and his Bridgemere investment company, say lawyers Squire Patton Boggs.
Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/07/21/wolves-takeover-fosun-international-deal-is-complete-say-law-firm/#t7Jv8T0JtDSwPPLE.99

I’m pretty happy with this. An owner with ambition. With the squillions on offer in the Prem this is one way to bridge the gap.

Ipswich 4-2 opening day win. We’re on our way to the Premier League!*

*Almost certainly not.

Leeds off to a flyer.

Villa need to somehow rid themselves of nearly 1/2 to 3/4 of the squad, it’s happening gradually. Some of the most pea hearted, lily livered farkstains stealing a living and it started under the previous ownership. Its going to take time but the new owner seems a good un though.

Mile Jedinak to Aston Villa… Being a wolves fan I hope he kills it and his club is relegated :slight_smile:

Wolves 3-1 winners over the blues!! Sitting 3rd now and have Huddersfield next. Zenga has the side playing with passion. Hope it continues.

Wolves on the move! Signings so far this year:

Prince Oniangue from Reims.
Ola John from Benfica.
Joao Teixeira from Benfica
Helder Costa from Benfica
Jon Dadi Bodvarsson from Kaiserslautern
Cameron Borthwick-Jackson from Man Utd
Silvio from Athletico Madrid
Andy Lonergan from Fulham (GK)

The new Chinese owners sacked manager Kenny Jackett after meeting with him replacing him with Italian Walter Zenga. After an absolutely boring season last year where zero initiative and progress was displayed the club is up and about again. Zenga is passionate and speaks about the players believing and playing with passion - he even dedicated our win over the blues to the fans after just a couple of games in. Kenny in contrast was your typical pommie manager. Level headed, keep on keeping on and always towed the official line from previous club owner.

Romain Saiss, a Moroccan international player playing the French Ligue 1 is now on the radar.

Anyone else follow a Champ side that is showing good signs for the year?

Mooy

Well done to Celtic winning the first ever derby.

Just assuming Forest will do our usual crap of getting on a roll at some point, hopes rise, threaten to challenge top 6 then crash and burn. New coach, talk that marinakos will buy a share from Hasawi, rinse and repeat for 2017.

Yeah, im optimistic.

Big one about to start on BeIN, Villa v Forest.

The ground is more full than for any of villas game last season in the epl