Other UK Football - 'Don't want to be in the EPL anyway..'

I’m not holding my breath. For all the apparent quality (and bloated names on big money) Villa have, there’s still a lack of coherence. Bruce doesn’t seem to go for the jugular enough.

Looking (jealously) at the EPL table there isn’t half a bunch of tinpot clubs up there and they’re all well deserving of it too of course. It’s kinda like seeing 70’s Carlisle or Oxford, Luton and Wimbledon up there in the 80’s and 90’s but now in abundance.

I never really thought of it last season for some reason but there really are some pound for pound for the level, some heavies in the second tier nowadays. It got bigger when Hudds, B&HA went up, Boro and Sunderland went down, Sheff U went up from L1.

Ditto. Previews were talking relegation.

Current table

1 Cardiff
2 Leeds
3 Wolves
4 Ipswich
5 Sheffield United
6 Boro

A few of us should be pretty happy so far :smile:

Wolves won 1-0 over Millwall. Dominated but we lack a striker which will be an issue. In the last year we’ve moved on 5 strikers, brought in one.

We tried desperately in trade window offering as much as 15m but couldn’t land anything…

Gave Burton an absolute hammering last night. 5-0 in front of 33k, could quite easily have been 7 or 8 with 30 shots to 1. Never seen anything so comprehensive from a Leeds side in my time.

2 Likes

Wimbledon (there’s only one) has just won for the very first time at Ewood Park. Ever.

Five years ago, I wouldn’t have thought we’d be anywhere near Ewood Park (unless we’d gone surprisingly deep into the FA Cup) until at least 2025.

One of the better wins we’ve had this century! (and we’ve had a few!)

Very, very happy!

4 Likes

The championship is a such great Como so far at so tight at the top! Sheffield Utd was sitting top of table until conceding in the 96th minute.

Ipswich have a game in hand and will go top if they win. As it stands, Leeds, Wolves and Catdiff sit top with Preston and Boro with one game. A cracker start to the campaign.

Wolves knocked off forest 2-1 away with Jota scoring both. He’s an out and out star.

Wall beat Dirty Leeds.

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/original/2X/e/e3c0bef7337d92e8f405cf384d7b54577a433f64.png

Arry given the ■■■■ by Brum

Still tight at the top.

Leeds and Wolves 1-2… I’d love it if it was like this at year end.

Cardiff also tied at the top. Still tight behind there as well with a fair few up there.

Great to see the Blues and Sunderland languishing :):grin:

Bolton relegated already…

Massive game for Leeds away at Cardiff on Wednesday morning. Far from convincing at the weekend against Ipswich who looked strong so to get three points was a magnificent result.

Strange feeling at the minute, most seasons since I got onboard 7-8 years ago we’ve been lucky to have 20 points from our first 20 games.

Are you viewing any games riley? I haven’t seen one yet, following online, getting highlights etc… Leeds and Cardiff are being televised live on sky this week. Not that this helps here. At least when Bein had the rights you could record games and watch later.

We’ve got 4th place Sheffield Utd this week. Should shake up the top 4 abit.

I’ve seen three or four via illegal flogging of the LUTV streams, other than that I’ve just been listening to the BBC radio call which I actually quite like.

Bein not having the rights (or having the rights and not televising, as is being said) is garbage. Used to get a big crowd of Leeds fans at the Charles Dickens on Collins Street for televised games too which was always a bit of fun. Hopefully sorted out sooner rather than later.

Good to get the win over Forest. By all reports, still not convinced by Villa’s unbeaten form in the league over the past few weeks. Still not convinced to stay up with (or without) a skinful to watch them.

Good News - Starts immediately

WATCH THE EFL CHAMPIONSHIP AND CARABAO CUP LIVE ON BEIN SPORTS
26 September 2017 1:33 PM
beIN SPORTS is pleased to announce it has secured the broadcast rights for the EFL Championship, English League 1, English League 2 and Carabao Cup for the next five years.

The journey to bright lights of the Premier League starts here, in the formative tiers of England’s vast and diverse football system.
Follow the fortunes of iconic clubs such as current Championship-leader Leeds, ambitious Wolverhampton Wanderers and perennial contender Sheffield Wednesday as they jostle for spots at club football’s most exclusive table.
There are plenty of Australians to keep an eye on too, with Socceroos stars Massimo Luongo, captain Mile Jedinak, Jackson Irvine and Bailey Wright all impressing in England’s second tier.
beIN will show LIVE games weekly throughout the season plus coverage of every play-off match and a weekly highlights show, so you can catch up on all the best bits.
Find out how the best of the rest stack up against the Premier League’s elite in the Carabao Cup, where the Round of 16 features the likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Leeds, Everton, Tottenham, Wolves and Arsenal.
Watch exclusive live coverage of the games, then watch it all again with a highlights show every round.

1 Like

That is seriously sensational news!!!

Mighty Ipswich put 5 past Sunderland. That’ll cheer me as the promotion campaign eventually peters out.

1 Like

A quarter of the season down and most English Champ sides of followed by blitzers in here are looking ok and still in contentions.

We lost to Sheff Utd last week who are in form but bounced back against Burton. All the top sides dropped a game last week to keep it close.

I see Ross McCormack (from Villa, ex Leeds) is on loan to Melbourne City till Jan. I hope they find him a house with no front gate :smile:

He’s still a talent so might get along to see a game.

ROss McDonald should kill it over here. Think in the past 12 months he’s gone through a breakup and judging by how he’s generally struggled to squeeze into a jersey has had more a proclivity for an ale. As long as he isn’t still of that mentality of English players whom a decade ago assumed this was a package holiday in the sun and a paycheck, I think he could be quite damaging at A League level of pace. A modern day Carlos Hernandez, got bulk, but technique for the level.

2 Likes

A fair few top sides clash tonight should mix things up abit. Wolves are looking great. Had our biggest crowd since 1981.

Wolves v Preston
Bristol C v Leeds
Villa v Fulham
Boro v Cardif

BIG derby tonight, Birmingham v Villa

Not the most publicized derby but one of the most spiteful you’ll see in England from experiences of watching English football.

3 Likes