Other UK Football - 'Don't want to be in the EPL anyway..'

The carling cup tie in 2010 or so was a decent ground invasion.

1 Like

Wolves beat Cardiff over the weekend 1-0 with Cardiff missing 2 penalties after the 92 minute in Cardiff.

Warnock caught on camera telling Nuno (Wolves Coach) to F off repeatedly after Nuno ran off and celebrated the win and then came back to shake hands. It was wild scenes.

Anyway, Cardiff have 2 away trips this week to Villa and Norwich whereas Fulham have Reading and Brentford at home so its game on for auto promotion.

Millwall in great form at the moment and still a shot for playoffs. Timmy Cahill still only getting a handfull of minutes there.

At the other end
 Sunderland and Burton are surely gone now.

For any football fans, do yourself a favour and check out Rubén Neves goal v Derby yesterday
 Unbelievable
 He is an incredible footballer who has scored at least 5 long range goals this year. Enjoy :smile:

Bit of entertainment in League One. MK Dons are currently in the relegation zone (42 points), while Wimbledon are 3 points above the drop on 49 (although a poor goal difference).

1 Like

Milton Keynes is one of the armpits of the world. That club is beyond farce too.

1 Like

Apart from Bletchley Park.

Congrats @benny. Been nice having your company, don’t forget us in the EPL thread.

1 Like

Was disappointed Wimbledon let slip an opportunity to just about seal survival last night, as I can’t see any points coming next week (Wigan), and the two games in the final week (Doncaster away) and Bury (beat us a couple of months ago) are far from points certainties.

MK are done, would be disappointed if we went with them (would prefer to not play them ever again).

2 Likes

Thanks riley. The championship is a great league - it really is great football to watch at times, sometimes better than the premiership, and certainly more competitive

I’m hopeful we can stay up, but it may only be for 12 months, how many teams go straight back down?

I think it will be different for Wolves going up this time though as the owners, Fosun, have cash to burn and are looking to make a real imprint and become a great club.

My grandparents hometown club Chesterfield will be delegated to the national league. I may be wrong but i think its the first time they’ve dropped to national league/conference

My old boss is from Chesterfield
the town of the crooked spire.

1 Like

Spireites lost to Forest Green Rovers who are a team from the smallest town (Nailsworth, Glocs) in the league. Virtually a village, this is their first ever in the football league, owned by a new age hippy who made money off the eco friendly boom. Vegan food only sold in their stadium.

It’s always a great shame when it happens and they keep falling or go out of business completely. Lincoln City really bounced back well after dropping out of them league, it’s one of the great recent football stories you’ll never hear about. There’s a lot of great little, unsung clubs and fans, the further down you go. I prefer what lower and non league football represents than the obsession with money and glossy rockstar fixation, higher up the food chain. In fact I hate nearly everything about EPL but of course would prefer to follow a team in it.

2 Likes

Very true. Wimbledon always seem to struggle against weaker sides and surprise by beating much stronger ones. I can’t see them getting a point against Wigan though. Doncaster is their best chance for the three points they probably need, especially as Doncaster appear to be safe now and won’t have much to play for.

1 Like

Wimbledon’s new stadium is being built just around the corner from my place, looks like it’ll be a great set-up.

3 Likes

hope you enjoy the soothing sounds of construction

Between the construction, the constant flurry of ambulances and the double decker buses that make my room shake when they drive past, pretty confident I could sleep through WW3 at this stage.

I got images of mcavoy’s appartment in wanted.

That’s normal London living. I used to live in a flat on Kilburn High Road. The noise never stopped. Even when the traffic eased off around 3 AM there was still a Greek taverna across the road belting out bouzouki music and drunken paddys singing at the tops of their voices. But you get used to it.

1 Like

Goodthur - as good a point as any point could be!

I’m hoping that will be just enough (and hoping we can keep George Long).