Other UK Football - 'Don't want to be in the EPL anyway..'

Mighty Wycombe Wanderers Div 1 for another season :sunglasses:

1 Like

:worried::frowning_face::weary:

1 Like

Villa through to the final on pens after the Baggies won the second leg 1-0 for a 2-2 aggregate

Derby through to the play-off final, overturning a 1-0 deficit from the first leg with a 4-2 win against Leeds at Elland Road for a 4-3 aggregate win. Massive result for Frank Lampard in his first season in charge as Rams boss. Leeds did an Essington.

2 Likes

Lol Leeds

Leedsington

1 Like

cracking game this morning, had it all.

1 Like

LOL, couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch

That’s one of the most entertaining games covering any code I’ve watched in yonks. Had absolutely everything you could possibly want in a tie, except decent defending. Bielsa had them by the aggots at 2-0 on aggregate.

I held off on the Villa result for eight hours then accidentally stumbled on a spoiler through YouTube. So glad I knew, that was nerve wracking yet utterly dull, WBA parked the bus and nearly hacked their way through, was clever and effective but not enough. Had a bunch of kids taking pens. The final will be better for them being nowhere near it in that state.

Bring Harry Wilson back to Anfield next season.

1 Like

Ok so I’m back after 2 week blitz suspension.

Leeds 2 Derby 4

Ouch

Charlton going up.

When is the Villa v Derby play-off?

Midnight.

1 Like

Tonight. It’s a midnight kickoff in Melbourne. They are playing on Monday because it’s a bank holiday in the UK.

2 Likes

Beat Sunderland with basically the last kick of the game.

Villa win 2-1 to get back into the Premier League. The last 10 minutes were rather nervy after Derby scored to make 2-1 in the 81st minute.

Although Wolves fans aren’t happy about the promotion I don’t mind. A local derby, big club with history and more prestige in the premier league. They will need to spend up to remain though as they fielded a lot of players on loan.

Last 15 minutes plus 7 mins stoppage was a living hell.

It’ll be tough but I think Villa will be able to consolidate next season somewhere in the lower half above the bottom three, pretty confident a couple of the loanees will be signing up first option. A quarter of the season was spent under Steve Bruce going backwards, Smith had a few weeks then the window to start getting his own players in. Club has third wealthiest owners in English football which guarantees nothing but is better to have if used wisely, Fulham is the classic example.

Wayne Rooney signs for Derby County and will join the club from January 2020. Signed as a player but with a view to a coaching role as well. Massive coup for the Rams!