Our 2014 All-Australian prospects

While 2014 has given us some inconsistent and indifferent form as a team, it has however given us some quite brilliant individual performances which could potentially give us a few All-Australians.

In my opinion, Hooker and Hibberd should at this stage of the season be locks for selection off the half-back line. Not only are they arguably the best performed in their respective positions, but they are starting to get their deserved ‘street-cred’ from the media after strong seasons last year.

The other 2 I would rank as outside chances are Heppell and Goddard. Heppell is 4th in the AFL for disposals and you would think he would only be a few more BOG games like his Geelong effort to possibly clinch a bench spot. Goddard too would need a big finish to the season but both players are sitting in the top 10 in the AFL coaches award so you can’t rule them out.

While 2014 has given us some inconsistent and indifferent form as a team, it has however given us some quite brilliant individual performances which could potentially give us a few All-Australians.
In my opinion, Hooker and Hibberd should at this stage of the season be locks for selection off the half-back line. Not only are they arguably the best performed in their respective positions, but they are starting to get their deserved 'street-cred' from the media after strong seasons last year.
The other 2 I would rank as outside chances are Heppell and Goddard. Heppell is 4th in the AFL for disposals and you would think he would only be a few more BOG games like his Geelong effort to possibly clinch a bench spot. Goddard too would need a big finish to the season but both players are sitting in the top 10 in the AFL coaches award so you can't rule them out.

Hooker, Hibberd, Heppell & Goddard should be in the initial 40 man squad.

Whether they pick any of these guys will depend on their form in the remaining games, as they are all on the cusp at the moment with reasons to include/exclude them. IF you take out Goddards game versus fremantle, he is having one of the best years of his career.

Heppell is in career best form too, the only problem is there are quite a few good mids to fit in, Ie Pendelbury, Ablett, Rockliff

In my opinion, Hooker and Hibberd should at this stage of the season be locks for selection off the half-back line. Not only are they arguably the best performed in their respective positions, but they are starting to get their deserved 'street-cred' from the media after strong seasons last year.
The other 2 I would rank as outside chances are Heppell and Goddard. Heppell is 4th in the AFL for disposals and you would think he would only be a few more BOG games like his Geelong effort to possibly clinch a bench spot. Goddard too would need a big finish to the season but both players are sitting in the top 10 in the AFL coaches award so you can't rule them out.

I think Hibberd will miss out when the selectors put on their Sydney coloured glasses and pick Malceski instead.

Hooker should be a lock already.

Malceski has had a terrific year, he is a lock for one back flank. Hibbo, at the moment should be the other

Malceski has had a terrific year, he is a lock for one back flank. Hibbo, at the moment should be the other

I'd say Brodie Smith might tell you otherwise, let's not forget Mark Riccuito is on the selection committee

Paddy.

pffft like an essendon player will be in the AA.

hooker would be a lock if he wore a different jumper, thankfully he doesn't.

Hooker is a lock.

Only really Heppell and Hibberd as other prospects.

It's all well and good saying who is in AA form, problem is that there are probably 50 in AA, plus the standard ■■■■-up by the selectors putting someone in on flashes of brilliance or potential.

Hooker is a lock but Hibbo started off slow and does have some decent competition. Swallow, Malceski, Kade Simpson plus a couple of others might keep him out.

Paddy is behind Jacobs, Lobbe, Mumford and Sandilands plus probably Goldstein as well (haven't checked the stats)

Paddy.

Had the most underrated season. 

Haven't watched enough of other teams to know if he could make AA but he's top 5 in the B&F at this stage.

Sauce jacobs will probably be the ruckman but concur re paddy. Very good year

Hepps a chance

Would've thought BJ isn't a mile off being in the squad too.

Would've thought BJ isn't a mile off being in the squad too.

There are still 8 games left. If he continues to play in top form and drags us into the finals as acting captain surely he'd be extremely close.

I think Hooker, Heppell, Hibbo and Goddard are the only chances as others have mentioned but none are even close to being guaranteed. With our run home, the defence will be stretched and historically, we haven't performed well in the latter part of the season.

Hooker might be unlucky if they need to find  spot for Buddy or Tippet as a key defender.

any love for Bags as lock down small back? who else around the league is playing well in that role?

knowing the usual AA procedure, he'll have to kill it for 2 more years before the media starts saying he "came from nowhere" then he'll get in.

any love for Bags as lock down small back? who else around the league is playing well in that role?

knowing the usual AA procedure, he'll have to kill it for 2 more years before the media starts saying he "came from nowhere" then he'll get in.

They won't go for a BP type of player, basically any defender will do. They'll have 3 tall defenders and then 3 mid-sized HBF.

I haven't seen much of Adelaide this year...has he really been that good?

From what I have seen, Sandilands is in career best form....his ruck work has been excellent and he has been doing a lot more around the ground than what i remember him doing in the past.

I support Windy Dill’s view that Paddy is clear cut AA this year.

I haven't seen much of Adelaide this year...has he really been that good?

From what I have seen, Sandilands is in career best form....his ruck work has been excellent and he has been doing a lot more around the ground than what i remember him doing in the past.

Sauce is smashing it at the moment.