Our 5th pick and beyond: Speculative picks

Since the draft thread is mainly about picks 4 and 5 with a bit of 24/25 thrown in, what are peoples thoughts on some of our later picks?

I like the sound of Markov and Nyuon but will they both be gone by 57? What about McKay?
Would Tippa or Coghlan be worth putting straight on the main list with our last pick(s)?

Any other smokeys we might be into?

I’ll add Callum Moore, Yestin Eades & Hisham Kerbatieh.

FWIW, I’d definitely consider Cogs and Tippa but, they’ll probably be rookies.

at pick 57 id like to consider the following if their still available

• M Brown
  • G Nyuon
  • B Hardwick
  • O Markov
  • M Flynn (ruck) GWS Academy but not sure if they would pick him.
  • B McKay
  • J Silvagni

Rioli

From this list like the look off everyone over 190cm if decide to get rid of Stein and Pears

Ben McKay please.

Depends on who we go for in the early rounds, but if he is still available in the second round, he would be worth serious consideration.

I think Wylie Buzza might be an academy player, but how can you not draft a guy called Wylie Buzza?

I think Wylie Buzza might be an academy player, but how can you not draft a guy called Wylie Buzza?

Dwayne Russell would have a field day with that…“buzza beater!!!”

All the attributes are there for Wylie Buzza. He’s big, he’s strong, he’s athletic, and he has good hands.

On Saturday, it all came together for ‘Buzz.’ After a best on ground performance, he has earned the round 6 QAFL Rising Star nod.

Playing mostly in the ruck, he imposed himself on the contest all day, throwing his weight around in the middle, but then getting on his bike and clunking a few important marks around the ground.

“It was the first time all year that I put in a good four quarter performance, I’m constantly getting hammered about my marking so it was good to finally take a few grabs,” he said.

“Hopefully now it gives me a bit more confidence going into the Queensland game this weekend, and I’m able to grab a few marks and continue to impose myself in the higher levels.”

It’s been a difficult start to the year for the Vultures, notching up just the one win so far in 2015, but Buzza believes they have the cattle to turn it around.

“The skills are their, there are a lot of good players, so it’s only a matter of time when we start working together a bit more,” Buzza said.

“The team spirit is there; we have just got to bring it on the field. They definitely have the team to play deep finals football.”

His immediate attention turns to Queensland’s TAC Cup game against Oakleigh this Saturday at Redland, before looking ahead to the NAB AFL Under 18 Championships next month.

“Definitely excited for the weekend, it’s always good to play for Queensland, it’s a great honour,” he said.

“As a team I think, I really think we can take out the division two title.

“Personally, I’m feeling good, the body is pretty much 100 per cent, there’s nothing holding me back, I just need to make sure I know what I can do well and make sure the recruiters see it too.”

Wylie’s next game will be this Saturday for the Queensland Under 18 State Academy in their third TAC Cup game against the Oakleigh Chargers, kicking off at 10.30am.

Sounds a likely type potential ruckman sounds a bit raw linked with one of the northern teams as you said

Think I’ll still be available come the fourth round. Coming off some Gumby like back problems but think I could be serviceable as a slow undersized third tall at either end. Plenty of upside at a young age.

at pick 57 id like to consider the following if their still available - M Brown - G Nyuon - B Hardwick - O Markov - M Flynn (ruck) GWS Academy but not sure if they would pick him. - B McKay - J Silvagni

I’d pretty well agree with this lot. Might throw in Uebergang too - sounds a likely type.

Ben McKay please.
Depends on who we go for in the early rounds, but if he is still available in the second round, he would be worth serious consideration.
Third round yes. But not the second round, especially where our picks are.
Oh? I thought Ben was expected to go in the twenties, after Harry goes in the first round. Remembering our picks #24 & #25 are really about #30/#31 if you include all the academy and F/S picks. But I haven't seen too much on Ben, most of the focus is on Harry.
Ben McKay please.
Third round yes. But not the second round, especially where our picks are.
Oh? I thought Ben was expected to go in the twenties, after Harry goes in the first round. Remembering our picks #24 & #25 are really about #30/#31 if you include all the academy and F/S picks. But I haven't seen too much on Ben, most of the focus is on Harry.
Harry most likely early 20s. Ben 40-80.

Most bigfooty mock drafts have both boys going before our 3rd pick.

Harry will be a first rounder for sure.

Think I'll still be available come the fourth round. Coming off some Gumby like back problems but think I could be serviceable as a slow undersized third tall at either end. Plenty of upside at a young age.
I'm closer to 40 than 30 and I achieved very little in my junior career. That said, I occasionally demonstrate leadership qualities and I supported us growing up. WSPMU
Harry will be a first rounder for sure.
Most clubs have suggested teens to 20s to him.

He has had a visit from every club except Richmond and until recently Carlton. Apparently the Bulldogs and North were unprofessional, disorganised and quite rude whereas the Crows were terrific.

Something really pleasing to here was that Essendon were the best of the lot. In fact by a mile apparently. Surprisingly the boy’s mum, despite being an Essendon supporter, really did not want them drafted by Essendon given all the ASADA saga. But after they met with Essendon, all three (Mum, Harry and Ben) are all desperately hoping they get to Essendon, that’s how impressive our recruitment team was.

Harry already building a relationship with Woosha at the combine having some banter with him. Actually at one stage Woosha joked to him to “go and tell Richo to give us pick 5”.

The best read on the draft forums thus far.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-25/state-league-gems-who-are-the-rough-diamonds-in-the-afl-mix

From this list like the look off everyone over 190cm if decide to get rid of Stein and Pears

Levicki!!

Hey if we get Marcus Adams, then Marigliani won’t have the biggest arms ever seen in the red and black!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-25/state-league-gems-who-are-the-rough-diamonds-in-the-afl-mix

Levicki!!

Hey if we get Marcus Adams, then Marigliani won’t have the biggest arms ever seen in the red and black!

Fark! Just had a look and you’re not wrong! That bloke has cannons for arms.

Levicki!!

Fark! Just had a look and you’re not wrong! That bloke has cannons for arms.

Still Muscles for me, although Fev still leads the all-time gun show hall of fame.

Let’s hope any smokies don’t come from shisha pipes.