Our first AFLW squad: finalised, 30 + 3 top-ups

Seriously, still?

It’s like pining for Darcy’s little brother three years on, and ignoring all those who have actually elevated this club.

1 Like

Mate - people are still talking in glowing terms about Jarrod Atkinson.

Stephanie kicked the first goal in a intra-club match, and then disappeared. There’s not much to talk about!

More than Long, I guess.

Steph I understand is now commenced a job in the city as a lawyer

4 Likes

Lets poach Emma Kearney!

Future EFC CEO / Board member / Chairperson

2 Likes

Still a year to go to finish her Law Degree

Gotta offer the big bucks to get her.

On Tier 1 Pay plus a full-time job at North.

Considering we have a ready made captain in Georgia Nanscawen, best bet is to chase the Prespakis sisters.

If we have the bank to pay a few with full-time jobs, we can poach Monique Conti from Richmond (who I understand might be looking for a better financial deal).

1 Like

Didn’t one of the Prespakis sisters go all anti-vax?

That’s Georgia Patrikios you’re thinking of (who also previously played with us).

A midfield of Georgia Nanscawen, Georgia Patrikios, Georgie Prespakis, and Maddy Prespakis (rubbish first name, but is a big Dons fan and one of the top players in the league) would be awesome.

Even if only to torture the commentators.

3 Likes

To make it easier to describe the Prespakis sisters, we could call them “Doc” (GP) and “Poli” (MP) :laughing:

2 Likes

Wait… is this true? If so, we got dudded (AFLW and VFLW… and VFL?) before we even started.

“Their NAB League affiliate is the Calder Cannons Girls for Under 18s talent, with Abbey McDonald the Cannons’ sole prospect in the Vic Metro Girls’ hub for 2022.”

We lost Bendigo Pioneers?

Meanwhile, the Hawks get to keep two linked sides.

1tp4qb

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: AFLWomen’s - watch to identify who we will poach shortly

Tara Slender has been given a two-year contract at North, so rule her out.

This prompted me to search on Georgie Prespakis for a similar announcement (‘cause why wouldn’t Geelong want to do that?!?); all I found was that sister Maddy’s contract ends this year…

1 Like

I hope I can find the article again, but there was something last year put out by the AFL saying 2 year contracts would essentially be null and void when it came to expansion clubs (stopping the current 14 from locking up all their talent).

2 Likes

A Georgia Patrikios & Georgie Prespakis midfield not entirely out of the question.
Although not sure where the Patrikios anti-vax stand leaves her.

Nah, just give me both Preskakii. We need size.

2x Prespakis, 1x Conti please and thank you.

4 Likes

You don’t ask for much.

After Ashleigh Riddell’s game for North (35 disposals, 20 contested and 7 tackles), I’m reminded how underrated she is.

Would probably be only on Tier 2 money (even as low as Tier 3), and might be an easy target to get?

3 Likes