Our improvement under Jimmy & Bomber

But but but Knights is a VFL premiership coach now.

Knights did a brad Scott, without the media savy or ability to keep players on-side.

But player management is a huge role of the head coach, so he unequivocally failed there.

Knights did a brad Scott, without the media savy or ability to keep players on-side.
But player management is a huge role of the head coach, so he unequivocally failed there.

Matthew Lloyd, Mark Johnson and Adam McPhee left the club because of him. screw him.

Matthew Lloyd, Mark Johnson and Adam McPhee left the club because of him. screw him.

If you're being serious, the above three leaving the club had nothing to do with Knights

Fletcher nearly retired on 328 games because of Knights.

K-nigits

Knighta got stuck with the sh1tty job of rejuvenating a decaying playing list in an environment that lacked proper funding and resources. I feel the club was in a better position when he left to when he arrived. I give him a modicum of credit for that. But that credit is wiped away by his appalling management skills with the senior playing group and complete lack of tactical nous as a coach.

Matthew Knights was in essence a night watchman until a favourite son was ready to return as coach. Doesn't matter what sport, you always want to be the guy who replaces the guy who replaced the legendary coach.

Knighta got stuck with the sh1tty job of rejuvenating a decaying playing list in an environment that lacked proper funding and resources. I feel the club was in a better position when he left to when he arrived. I give him a modicum of credit for that. But that credit is wiped away by his appalling management skills with the senior playing group and complete lack of tactical nous as a coach.

excuse from every coach that was sacked. see Mark Neeld, Scott Watters, Matthew Primus etc.

excuse from every coach that was sacked. see Mark Neeld, Scott Watters, Matthew Primus etc.

The lack of funding and resources? Very true. However our problem was more the mentality of the Board and CEO to not invest any money into the football department rather than having no money to spend like at the clubs of the coaches you listed.

It's moot because Knights was never going to lead us to a premiership with his game style anyway, but the Administration at the time didn't do everything it could to give him (or Sheeds for that matter) the best possible chance of success.

The lack of funding and resources? Very true. However our problem was more the mentality of the Board and CEO to not invest any money into the football department rather than having no money to spend like at the clubs of the coaches you listed.

It's moot because Knights was never going to lead us to a premiership with his game style anyway, but the Administration at the time didn't do everything it could to give him (or Sheeds for that matter) the best possible chance of success.

youve got to wonder how much of that is the responsibility of the coach himself though. its easy to say that the board and CEO are to blame but shouldnt the coach be vying for more help in the coaching department? maybe its both parties responsibility but whenever a coach is sacked, this seems to be the thing that people always say to defend them.

If you're being serious, the above three leaving the club had nothing to do with Knights

I don't know about Johnson & McPhee, but I was under the impression Lloyd definitely left because of Knights.  Primarily wanting him to play up the field.

Was it year three Knights planned to teach us to defend?

I don't know about Johnson & McPhee, but I was under the impression Lloyd definitely left because of Knights. Primarily wanting him to play up the field.
Lloyd partially, although I question whether he would've been any more than a bit part player if he went around again. No-one wanted him.
Johnson left before Knights was appointed, McPhee went for cash pure and simple.