Our Ruck Stocks

That’s false. He was quite handy around 2013-14 before he broke his leg/ankle whatever it was. One has to consider he’s a big bloke, so it would be fairly difficult to come back from that. I recall he could go forward and kick goals, as well as ruck fairly well.

6 Likes

Luenberger + Daniher were pretty good. Still not getting my 1x goal/game from L but otherwise liked his efforts around the ground.

1 Like

I reckon there’s a force field around the 50 line.

That or they know if he goes deep and we lose the ball it’ll take him about a minute to make it back to the middle.

9 times out of 10 I agree with you but on this occasion I certainly don’t. Ruckman that offer a lot more then what we currently have are at the following clubs on top of those you mentioned above. Adelaide, Brisbane, St Kilda, Richmond, Sydney, and Collingwood just of the top of my head. We do have problems in the ruck. How many marks has Burger taken this year again?

JD is becoming a very good ruckman. Improving his tapwork from poor to about average. But he is like another mid in there with his mobility, and his marks around the ground speak for themselves. Burger is a liability at the moment, needs to contribute much more.

Burgers marking around the ground is not up to standard and his kicking is poor, but he tried really hard to contest the ball in the geelong game. He is probably more mobile han tbell and i think thats the reason he gets the afl gig each week atm.

2 Likes

How far away is Smack, at this point I would be hinging on Smack as our number one ruckman with Joey filling the beans.

1 Like

Sad state of affairs when he is the preferred option

Draper in the winds, would fast track this over two old tired men who think they can do it.

Problem with McKernan is that his one good game is followed by 5 no-effort shockers.

Bellchambers isn’t much different.

At least, Leuenberger tries.

1 Like

McKernan is better on the ground than Leunenburger full stop

If the answer to any question is McKernan we are in serious trouble.

6 Likes

Enough with the puns!!!

Its not the answer but better than we have, our two main rucks are not game changes, so we go with Smak and Joey pinch hitting

Luenburger and Bellchambers are just list hoggers atm really what have they shown in the last two years why do we persist with them, there is no Simon Madden, John barnes, Paul Salmon about them at all not even glimpses. You tell me or show me different?

Edit or even Steve Alessio was better

Main Ruck : Joe Daniher

2nd Ruck : James Stewart

I would’ve considered that ludicrous 8 weeks ago… but apart from being concerned about Joe getting hurt in the ruck I kindof don’t mind it. Let’s face it, he kicks most of his best goals from outside the F50 anyway.

1 Like

I’m on board the game has changed to use the cliche.

Joe is playing the James Hird Role anyway at the moment so Ruck is fine with me this guy can do anything, the new Michael Jordan of Football

2 Likes

Just imagine if Ryder hadn’t left.

Ryder in his current form and Joe in his current form would be very hard to beat.

1 Like

Maybe not in a pure Ruck sense, … but I’d really like to find a way to have him in that would utilise the moxie he brings.

1 Like