Our Ruck Stocks

You really don’t like him, lol, which is clear from every post you have about him, but he’s not as bad as you make him to be imo

He’s decent. He was awesome round one and never really got a look at it after that. Apart from one quarter in the brissy game he was quite good too. I always thought he was pretty unlucky to get dropped tbh

1 Like

Who are you talking about?

The thing I like about McKernan that neither Looney or TBell offer is that every now and then he rips a game to shreds for 20 mins.

I think TBell wasn’t as bad as people were making out, especially given his time out of the game, others have been given far more time to settle into things. He was clunking marks later in the game. But there is also no issue with him working out the cobwebs in the VFL. I do like TBells marking, is something that can really be damaging if you get it consistently. Think roughhead and Boyd (when playing well) for the dogs.

The thing I like about Looney is he gives consistent effort and is relatively predictable. You know he will not allow the opposition ruckman to dominate, he will work hard all game, follow up, wins his share of the taps and tries to influence around the ground to little effect.

I think this consistency is what keeps him ahead, we never know how McKernan is going to go, he could win the game for you or he could loose it for you too. TBell, whilst his toolset of marking, taps, ability to go forward and physicality are features, it’s been so long and so many injuries we don’t know which remain or will ever return. There are just so many unknowns. I also think he was gifted games for years and don’t mind him having to take the spot.

1 Like

Yes, J Stew is tall-ish, but has anyone ever seen him win a hit out?

Or is it that “he probably would make a good ruckman if he gave it a go one day?”

They say Nat Fythe is 6.3

Rucks are Gawn these days anyway, has to be used as a mobile midfield,

Hurls!

of all players to have got a senior gig so far this year, there’s only one player with a lower average marks per game than 'berger; Hocking.
Buddha = 1
'berger = 1.2

So let’s balance it out by seeing who has a lower hitouts figure.

Well fark me - that would be everyone!

1 Like

List of questions Shaun McKernan is the answer to:

1. Corey McKernan’s brother plays for Essendon. What is his name?
  2. Who wears number 44 for Essendon?
  3. Who was drafted at number 28 in the 2008 National Draft?
5 Likes

Who can never find a Turtle neck sweater with enough neck on it?

5 Likes

Wake me up in 3 years when Don Draper is tapping to our mids till the early morn. He is our future. It has only taken us 6 rookie rucks to finally find one but I am confident he will be the one.

Actually it is 8 ruckman we have taken in the rookie draft without really having nailed one previously:

Gach Nyuon - a failed experiment
Shaun McKernan - x 2 rookie picks - probably best of the bunch until Draper proves himself
Fraser Thurlow - who?
Josh Jenkins - pass given he made it elsewhere as a forward and we turned him into Jackson Merrett which got us Zach Merrett
Christian Bock - apparently he still weighs 65kgs ringing wet even after the supplement program his brother got him onto
Lachlan McKinnon - most famous for signing the captain’s of Essendon jumper
Nathan Lovett-Murray - while technically not a ruckman he is only one on this list to have rucked in a final
Andrew Ramsden - was a gun at amateur level

4 Likes

Jordan Silk?

1 Like

I have been corrupted by fantasy football mentality, but just dreaming:

• Grundy to Essendon, to be lead ruck;
  • Mason Cox into the Pies’ ruck, coz that is all that he will ever be any good at;
  • Bellchambers to Pies’ FF to give them a decent tall target. Sorry big guy, but might get more games this way;
  • Leuenberger back to reserves.
  • Draper to continue developing.
  • A pick to the Pies.
1 Like

No thanks

I mean price/picks aside, and just on ability, that would be awesome

Redacted

He’s probably worth it to be honest, he’s young and in the Top few rucks in the game. But midfield is priority

Add Marcus Kenny to the list?
Forged a decent career at Lilydale post Essington

1 Like