Our Ruck Stocks

Was at Airport West playing FF till a couple of years ago.

1 Like

Were Robran, Allan, and Grgic rookie draft picks as well? I canā€™t remember.

No they werenā€™t.

Grgic - drafted in national draft
We traded for the other two

1 Like

Tristan Cartledge

Cartledge was taken at 28 in the National Draft

Well that was a waste of a pick

1 Like

I agree with you that Luey is the most consistent. His predictability for our midfield is what I reckon should keep him in the side. He also sticks tackles, and I love that in a player.

McKernan is exciting but patchy. He is wonderful around goals and tends to nail them from distance. Though I think he relies too much on the few glorious highlights. He likes to grab the ball from the ruck and win clearances; it works on occasion, but often leads to a no-look kick forward (rather than to advantage), and when he doesnā€™t win a clearance heā€™s immediately surrounded by opposition mids. That kind of ruckwork is less effective than nullifying the opposition ruckman (winning an occasional tap), and giving our mids a 50/50 chance at a clear breakaway. Donā€™t get me wrong, I like Mckernan, and think heā€™s got some seriously good big man traits, but I just think heā€™s well behind Luey.

TBell has his marking, and if he can get his mobility, handballing, and kicking to an average standard, then heā€™s set to challenge Luey. He needs continuity. He did look better in the 2nd half against the Dees because he clucked a few, but he still looked off the pace overall. Heā€™s never going to be more mobile than Luey, but if he can get to a few extra contests and hit targets by hand & foot, then heā€™s a chance to get games ahead of him.

Iā€™m excited to see Draper.

Deleted

Did McKinnon really sign the Captain of Essendon jumper?! Or was that creative licence?!

Long Neck Turtle Neck

Finally got my goal from M Luenburger today. I want one next week, too.

Great at the contests Leuy/ glad weā€™ve got him there doing all the grunt work.