Out of contract?

Anyone have a full list of who is out of contract come end of year?

21% on the AFL poll want Baguley to go lol

I didn’t know there were that many stupid football followers…never underestimate human stupidity I guess.

That would have to be other clubs fans voting. I refuse to believe that any Essendon supporter would want him to go! I am all for people having their own opinions but Baugley leaving? Open your ■■■■■■■ eyes and watch a game.

I thinker should sign up JoeDan on a front ended contract. Looks like we are going to struggle to attract any talent and will likely be loosing some current players who believe the grass is greener at Carlton (farking lol but anyway there are lots of stupid people in the world)
Front end contract was seemingly part of the reason that judas knived us in the back but saga allowed it. Don’t think JoeDan lacks morals and ethics though

This off season is going to be bat ■■■■■ crazy.

I didn’t know there were that many stupid football followers…never underestimate human stupidity I guess.

There may be some duds on that list.. but wait until we are trying to replace 20 guys and see what quality you get with pick #120 in the draft.
Which misses the point. If you know you've got a dud/average player, and you're not competing so don't need depth, a player with a 10% chance of being good who can be delisted in two years is still an improvement.
This. If you don't turn over your list consistently you aren't going to find many small chances to make it that actually do. This is especially true when you are thinking of cutting into the list quite deep. Not to mention that once you get into the later pick recruiter opinion starts to vary wildly so pick 50 isn't really much different than pick 150.

While a club is never going to go 20 deep you could legitimately cut quite deep and use rookie upgrades/state league recruits/players from other clubs you think are unlucky delistees to make sure you don’t just have an entire draft of 18 year olds.

There may be some duds on that list.. but wait until we are trying to replace 20 guys and see what quality you get with pick #120 in the draft.

Exactly
People need to be a bit more realistic about how many changes we should actually make.

yeah lets get rid of kav, browne and obrien, that’ll change how are starting 22 players, rollseyes (damn i miss that smilie)

I can only live in hope that our 5th coach in the last 10 years makes the hard decisions across the whole list going forward and finally gets rid of some not so good perceived best 22 players.

It’s a pipedream sadly.

your life must suck.

On a positive for you, seeing as you’re permanently in the doldrums, it seems to have helped you handle events of this week better than many on here.

In order of delisting priority.

1. Steinberg
  2. Kavanagh
  3. Dalgleish
  4. Aylett

Then of course, retirements of Fletcher, Winderlich and Chapman.

So far, 5 senior players and 2 rookies.

Next in line would be Pears, Browne, O’Brien and Hams as potential delistings.

Dempsey, Bellchambers, Carlisle, Baguley, McKernan, Gwilt, Melksham and Stanton to stay (unless they want out)

Exactly
People need to be a bit more realistic about how many changes we should actually make.

yeah lets get rid of kav, browne and obrien, that’ll change how are starting 22 players, rollseyes (damn i miss that smilie)

I can only live in hope that our 5th coach in the last 10 years makes the hard decisions across the whole list going forward and finally gets rid of some not so good perceived best 22 players.

It’s a pipedream sadly.

Who would you get rid off from those 20 names?
I agree we need to be ruthless but obviously common sense must play a part too

Well we are not obviously getting rid of them all. The club is being cautious with the list, given the fact that we have been reluctant to delist too many with the saga hanging around us, and not knowing who will be playing the past 2 years.
Now, that we have a better understanding, we starting to work through the deadwood.
Just a shame it appears it is a weak draft this year, so that obviously will have a bearing on what we do also.

Which misses the point. If you know you've got a dud/average player, and you're not competing so don't need depth, a player with a 10% chance of being good who can be delisted in two years is still an improvement.

Exactly

It’s a pipedream sadly.

Joined 2011, one post, one visit. WTF?

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-19/essendons-20-out-of-contract-players-and-their-futures
thats a pretty fair assessment of our out of contract players

Written by a Bomber supporting journalist who actually watches football that’s why.

prove that he watches footy, set up a livejasmine cam.

Exactly

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-19/essendons-20-out-of-contract-players-and-their-futures

Written by a Bomber supporting journalist who actually watches football that’s why.

Bomberblitzcast’s own CAL TWOMEY

There may be some duds on that list… but wait until we are trying to replace 20 guys and see what quality you get with pick #120 in the draft.

Yep, hard to argue with much of that.