Padelaide torn apart?

Port fans to sing INXS anthem in home finals

Ben Guthrie  August 29, 2014 11:11 AM

•  
  •  
Port's unofficial anthem in full voice Port fans singing Never Tear Us Apart has become a passionate scene-setter for the club's home games
Related

PORT Adelaide has been granted permission by the AFL to play its Never Tear Us Apart pre-game theme song if it hosts a final.

As the AFL takes control of the finals game-day experience, the Power were concerned that they may not have been able to play the INXS anthem which they have used during the home and away season to pump up the home crowd 60 seconds before the bounce.

But the League has softened its view and agreed to permit the Power to run with the countdown song.

Port CEO Keith Thomas said the club was delighted with what he described as "a terrific coup for supporters".

“This decision will be warmly welcomed by all of our members and supporters and, I‘m sure, the wider football industry.

“Never Tear Us Apart has resonated so strongly with our people because it reflects the history and culture of our club, and we keenly await the AFL‘s final decision on the matter.”

Final sign-off on the song may still rest with Port's greatest rivals, should the Power and Crows come up against each other in the first week of finals.

Thomas said he was hopeful that Adelaide would endorse Port playing its anthem before the game in the interests of sportsmanship and goodwill.

“I think Adelaide does understand the importance and significance of the song to our people, and I‘m sure they‘d endorse and support us playing it before the game."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-29/port-to-play-inxs-in-finals

Ok, I have a habit of missing the point sometimes but can anyone explain to me what this is all about?

Is it just that the bo-garns of padelaide like the song or does it have some significance? The article states that it reflects the history and culture of the club which I'm assuming is... what exactly?

and it's now their anthem... huh? :huh:

The importance and significance of a song they’ve had going for all of five minutes? I’ve got no problem with it, good luck to them, but spare us the hyperbole.

Fine, as long as we can do the Haka or some other ‘relevant’ song at their home games too.

It's a plea to not disband their insignificant club right? just so I'm understanding

I hope cos of Kochie this goes really wrong and bad in some way.

Fine, as long as we can do the Haka or some other 'relevant' song at their home games too.

I love the Haka, so primal with lashing/s of killer instinct.

Would love it if our guys could adopt even a tad.

We’ll be singing, when we’re winning…

What’s the bet the song dies on its ■■■■ when they lose a few and fair-weather fans scatter.

That is like the lamest thing ever. But it's experiential and if it increases viewer aswell as attendance numbers then it's all the better.

It is a great initiative. But it needs to be more relevant to them. The choice of song seems forced.

I’d love for us to do something similar (except get rid of the raising scarfs above your head - too much of a soccer copy) but it needs to be relevant to the Supplement Saga.

No ‘I’m on the drug that killed River Phoenix’ or ‘The drugs don’t work’.

It needs to be a chant or a verse that is original and also ours and ours only. Would be great if it was an obscure song that few people have heard.

Oh wait…

We do have one…

See the bombers fly up!

Sing that song before the bounce. Would really get the crowd into it.

And quite possibly end with a ‘Fark Carlton’ at the end.

Port went through a pretty typical period of perceived victimisation when they were complete rubbish. It was the SANFL's fault, it was the AFL's fault, it was the stadium deal, it was the Crows, it was Victorian clubs, it was the ■■■■■■ cookie monster.

The only thing that was ever tearing Port Adelaide apart was their own ineptitude. Wankers.

This:

066248-mark-williams.jpg

Makes more sense now.

He's not having a go at the Pres, he's saying "let's all have a half-back-flank while choking ourselves, a la Michael Hutchence"

Should have seen that earlier!

This:
066248-mark-williams.jpg
Makes more sense now.
He's not having a go at the Pres, he's saying "let's all have a half-back-flank while choking ourselves, a la Michael Hutchence"
Should have seen that earlier!

That Hutchence thing wasn't true.

Port went through a pretty typical period of perceived victimisation when they were complete rubbish. It was the SANFL's fault, it was the AFL's fault, it was the stadium deal, it was the Crows, it was Victorian clubs, it was the ■■■■■■ cookie monster.

The only thing that was ever tearing Port Adelaide apart was their own ineptitude. Wankers.

Then they got bailed out by head office and now prance around like ■■■■■■■ peacocks after winning a few games. ■■■■ off. 

It's about as lame as Let's Get Loud.

This is more like it

JUICY JUICY GREENGRASS

It is a great initiative. But it needs to be more relevant to them. The choice of song seems forced.
I'd love for us to do something similar (except get rid of the raising scarfs above your head - too much of a soccer copy) but it needs to be relevant to the Supplement Saga.
No 'I'm on the drug that killed River Phoenix' or 'The drugs don't work'.
It needs to be a chant or a verse that is original and also ours and ours only. Would be great if it was an obscure song that few people have heard.
Oh wait...
We do have one...
See the bombers fly up!
Sing that song before the bounce. Would really get the crowd into it.
And quite possibly end with a 'Fark Carlton' at the end.

There's a Marilyn Manson song that I think would fit the bill perfectly