Panic Dollars 2017 - the game

Can you give me a price on Eades please

Not if he is delisted.

I SAID. Give. Me. A Price.

3 Likes

You can still get $251 on Eades from Sportsbet for the 2017 Rising Starā€¦

http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/australian-rules/afl-rising-star

You can make up your own price for Eades if you are so keen.

1 Like

250ā€¦hours of community service.

Panic dollars results and new rankings after round 1.

Next game is v Brisbane on Saturday.

Now we have a stronger idea of what the royal box thinks the best 22 looks like, although we donā€™t know if they will have a rotation policy to try and keep players fresh and give fringe players a shot.

I am planning a rule change to give Gamers who joined later and have less cash a way of getting bigger return payments and working their way up the ranking ladder if they pick correctly. This will involve taking ā€œdouble stressā€ or ā€œtriple stressā€ options where Gamers elect to hold players for 2 or 3 consecutive games and they get an additional bonus payment if their player plays in all those games. I will post the details this evening.

RULE CHANGES FOR ROUND 2

Change 1
Applies to Gamers who have a total panic dollar holding of $500 or greater.
From round 2 and going forward, you will lose $20 panic dollars for any player you select who does not play that round.
The $20 will be deducted from the relevant player. If your holding in that player is less than $20, you will only lose the full value of that player, it will not go negative.
This change will be ongoing from R2 on.

Change 2
This option is available to all Gamers, but will be more attractive to Gamers who have less money.
This option is on top of the existing gameplay - i.e. you will still trade or hold your players and get the same returns if the players play as other Gamers.
However, if you elect to do so you can lock an investment in a certain player for multiple weeks and get an additional bonus payment if they play for the nominated number of rounds.
The limitations are that you must invest 50% or more of your total holdings in the nominating week in that player. And that investment is locked for the number of periods you nominate. So if the player gets injured in the first week you still have to hold the investment for the total period. Since you have to invest 50% of your holdings, you can only do this option for 2 players at most.

There are 2 options
"Double Stress" - you request to lock in a player for the next 2 rounds, and you will get a $150 bonus payment if that player plays both rounds (in addition to normal returns).
For example - If Ambrose was available at 30% for R2 (ie $3 for each $10) and 20% for R3, and you invested $100, and he played in both games, over both rounds you would go to -
$100 x (1 + 0.30) x (1 + 0.20) + $150 = $306 invested in Ambrose (less any transaction cost).

"Triple Stress" - you request to lock in a player for the next 3 rounds. and you will get a $250 bonus payment if that player plays all 3 rounds (in addition to normal returns).
For example - using the Ambrose example and assuming he was back to 30% for R4, your $100 investment would go to -
$100 x (1 + 0.30) x (1 + 0.20) x (1 + 0.30) + $250 = $452.80 invested in Ambrose (less any transaction cost).

This change is only available this week (I will see how it goes).

If you want to choose this option you need to nominate when you are telling me your trades this week - something like
ā€œI want to invest 50% of my holding in Ambrose with double stress option pleaseā€. If you donā€™t nominate this week, you canā€™t just hold next week to try to claim the bonus.

[I know I said previously there would be more than a weekā€™s notice before any rule changes taking effect. However, there have been a number of Gamers who just started playing in the last 2 weeks. I want to even up the holdings a bit as soon as possible so the game doesnā€™t become boring with little change in rankings.]

Please ask any questions if it is not clear how this works.

1 Like

Lol

Hold McGrath, Sell Green, Buy more Ambrose

TRIPLE STRESS Ambrose

Can I do that?

1 Like

Here are Panic Dollars return rates for Round 2.

The return rates for this week are in the yellow column which is normal (although the order of the columns has been changed). The table also shows rates for previous week and how they change to this week, which may interest some gamers.

New gamers are welcome to join for next game. It is very simple to play:

• You start with $100 panic dollars to invest in any player(s) you choose.
  • Your investment in that player rolls on from week to week until you change it.
  • You get the return listed in the above table if the player plays in the next match. If they do not play, that player loses up to $20 if you have over $500 panic dollars total, or nothing if you have less than $500 total.
  • Return rates vary for each player and may change each week, depending on how likely I think they are to play.
  • There is a small transaction cost deduction for trades, this increases with the more player trades you make in that week. Trade count restarts again each week.
  • The objective is to create a bit of interest and fun. Nominal winner is person with most panic dollars at end of season.
  • For Round 2 only there are double and triple stress options if you want to lock players in for longer than 1 week - see details in post above.

Yep, you can do that.

LOL at Myers being half as likely to play as Laverde. Give LAV a few years before we truly expect him never to play.

Especially since neither of their mandatory LTI periods are near to finishing.

Evergreen post.

Keep up the good work, this game is one of the greatest works of modern man.

5 Likes

For someone who isnā€™t playing you take a lot of interest in this game. If you think I have the return rates wrong, you should be able to work out a way to exploit them and win the game.

At the moment I have $1000 as the upper rate limit - and that is given to Myers and Ridley who are LTI. If Laverde was made LTI as well, I missed the announcement. So Laverde is less because he is not LTI listed as far as I know - but I will check for next week.

1 Like

Cracked me upā€¦

Pls sell all and direct me to the nearest panic dollar ATM ā€¦ Iā€™d like to head to the nearest bottle shop to continue my bender that started at 7.25pm on Saturday

Yes, LAV got LTIed.

I love the game concept, itā€™s absolutely designed for the version of me thatā€™s not so lazy. My last online sports gaming effort was back in 1996ā€¦ we had to manually transcribe the Herald-Sun stats to work out who won each week.

The Waverley White Elephants were spearheaded by Lockett and Stynes and way too many Essendon playersā€¦ and a mid-season grab of that shirty little Alistair Clarkson did alright too.

Do you have a reference? Laverde is not shown with an asterisk in AFL injury report updated today.

I doubt this. It would take you less time to play than it does to read the whole thread and make comments.

Sell Green, and hold the rest

Buy Langford $100
Buy Zerrett $196