Panic Dollars 2017 - the game

AAAAALLLL ($9) on FRANGAAAAA.

Please

2 Likes

If I like your trade, it means I’ve processed it.

The red hearts I see are an easy way to keep check of which trades I’ve processed and which ones I still have to do.

1 Like

McKenna hey… did not see that coming.

Bwahahahahaha.

Worsfold and Jackie (especially Jackie) 11/10 for the Franga trolling…

3 Likes

Who here put their money on Connor. Because that person is Woosh on Blitz.

Well McKenna is a surprise, no investors on that train.

Meanwhile in the table of players missing out, 10 moths to the Francis flame …

It’s still all Greek to me … did I panic good?

Panic dollars standings after Round 4.

There is a bit more movement in the rankings this week due to payment of 3 week stress options lifting some Gamers, and an outbreak of Francititus restricting the performance of other Gamers.

Next game is ANZAC game v Collingwood on Tuesday 25th.

As already flagged, there will be new rolling stress options available from R5 for Gamers who are willing to take risk and lock in players for multiple matches. The new stress payments will be much bigger than the trial version over the last 3 weeks. I will post details by end Tuesday 18th.

Edit: I just noticed that I didn’t change the headings on this table this week. The column 2nd from left should be “End R3” and column 2nd from right should be “End R4”.

Rule Changes

As I flagged there are changes to rules for Round 5 and onwards. There reason for the changes is to have rules and payments / deductions that can grow as the total panic dollars the leaders have grows over the whole year. If Essendon gets into the finals and has a good run it is possible that the panic dollar winner will finish with close to $1 million dollars. So I need to increase the rates and returns so there is still movement in the rankings and Gamers who started late can see that it is still possible for them to do well in the Game.

Deduction for selecting a Player who does not play
Existing: Gamers who have more than $500 total panic dollars lose $20 for each player who does not play (or the total investment in that player, if less than $20 is invested).

New Change: Once Gamers have more than $500 total panic dollars the penalty for each Player not playing is 2% of total panic dollars (or the max investment in that player if it is less). The table below shows what 2% looks like …

Stress Options
This allows a bonus payment for locking in a player for 2 or 3 weeks, and they play in all of the weeks you lock them in for.
No change to previous conditions for stress options

• You have to invest minimum of 50% of your total panic dollars in a player to access this option for that player.
  • You can select Double Stress to lock the player in for 2 matches, Triple Stress to lock the player in for 3 matches.
  • You still receive normal weekly returns for that player if they play.
  • You cannot change that investment in that player for the period you nominate (either 2 or 3 weeks).
    New:
  • The Bonuses paid will change each round and grow over the season - as per the table below.

Note: The bonus applicable is when you lock the player in, not when the stress period ends. For example if you lock a player in for 3 rounds from rounds 5 to 7 (i.e. take a triple stress options this week), you will get a bonus of $1200 if they play all 3 games (not $2187).

That’s it. I expect to post return rates for the next game tomorrow evening.
I am not sure when the squad will be named.

Am I winning yet??

No, you are ranked 22, but are having a great time and think this is the best game you have ever played.

8 Likes

Well that changes things.

I do hope our squad doesn’t get announced tomorrow evening.

Return rates for Round 5 are posted below.

I don’t know when the squad will be named; it is possible a squad of 25 will be named tomorrow.
Trades will still close when the first squad is announced.

However I will allow Gamers to make early trades and then change them without incurring both sets of transaction costs (for this week only). You will only get charged the transaction cost applicable to your final position. If you make early trades and changes, you can do this up until the earliest of:

• when the AFL squad is announced,
  • Friday midnight (AEST),
  • when the VFL squad is announced.
    Then no more changes for you.

Please sell the Langford and bird and reinvest all in McNeice.

1 Like

Also with respect to McNiece and other rookies. I will not be accepting any more investments on a rookie at the nominated return rate for that week, after / if the club announces they are going to upgrade him.

Team (squad) will be announced 17:30 Saturday. However, the VFL team play Sunday so we may get some hints tomorrow night.

1 Like

I got sucked in by Jackie last week and I’m going to do it again. All of my Hooker money onto Mcneice please.

1 Like

Sell all

All in on Lang.

Can I still trade again before cut off?

1 Like

Sell $221.16 of Ambrose’s which should leave $450 Ambroses.

Triple stress the Ambroses

Sell all the Francises

Buy $403.86 Gleesons (less any commissions)

1 Like

Sell all.

Buy 50% Tippa & 50% Faz and lock them both in for triple stress.

1 Like