As I flagged there are changes to rules for Round 5 and onwards. There reason for the changes is to have rules and payments / deductions that can grow as the total panic dollars the leaders have grows over the whole year. If Essendon gets into the finals and has a good run it is possible that the panic dollar winner will finish with close to $1 million dollars. So I need to increase the rates and returns so there is still movement in the rankings and Gamers who started late can see that it is still possible for them to do well in the Game.
Deduction for selecting a Player who does not play
Existing: Gamers who have more than $500 total panic dollars lose $20 for each player who does not play (or the total investment in that player, if less than $20 is invested).
New Change: Once Gamers have more than $500 total panic dollars the penalty for each Player not playing is 2% of total panic dollars (or the max investment in that player if it is less). The table below shows what 2% looks like ..
This allows a bonus payment for locking in a player for 2 or 3 weeks, and they play in all of the weeks you lock them in for.
No change to previous conditions for stress options
- You have to invest minimum of 50% of your total panic dollars in a player to access this option for that player.
- You can select Double Stress to lock the player in for 2 matches, Triple Stress to lock the player in for 3 matches.
- You still receive normal weekly returns for that player if they play.
- You cannot change that investment in that player for the period you nominate (either 2 or 3 weeks).
- The Bonuses paid will change each round and grow over the season - as per the table below.
Note: The bonus applicable is when you lock the player in, not when the stress period ends. For example if you lock a player in for 3 rounds from rounds 5 to 7 (i.e. take a triple stress options this week), you will get a bonus of $1200 if they play all 3 games (not $2187).
That's it. I expect to post return rates for the next game tomorrow evening.
I am not sure when the squad will be named.