Panic Dollars 2017 - the game

Think of it like putting on a multi/quaddie, greater returns for greater risk, in this case with a bonus at the end. But if you miss a leg, you’re out.

Don’t know if BPD “the game” is ready (now or future) for cash out options. :sweat_smile:

Yes, but if one of those Gee gee’s in your quaddie was scratched … ??

Never bet on a horse race featuring Tony Liberatore.

You get a sub, not money back to bet again. But whatever the sub is, plus your original selections, they still have to fulfill the goal, which is to win.

In this case, the goal isn’t to win, but for the player to get on the park. Injury is part of the game I would’ve thought. That’s why the returns are much higher on injured players. You can bet on them returning early for a big pay day.

So you’re saying if a bloke you’ve “stressed” gets injured, you should keep the stress, but get a sub??

That would seem fairer …

No I’m saying you’ve done your bonus, bad luck, no sub, you are locked in for the remainder. Probably more like a multi.

But in this case you can still get your return for any games they played or with Ambrose out before hand, if he comes back in you still get a weekly return which is something.

1 Like

OK. This is different to betting, it is “investing” … so the first point is you don’t loose all your stake if your player is injured, but you may loose a small amount (2%) if you have lots of dollars. There is no reason to have a sub, or give your money back … you get most of your money back anyway.

Second - if you just invest in that player for that week, you still get paid a return if they get onto the park at all - it doesn’t matter if they don’t get a kick and get injured in the first minute. So you don’t get paid for Ambrose, but you get paid for Brown as he played.

Thirdly - Stress option is effectively a powerplay option, you elect to ramp up the possible return, but at increased risk that you might end up locking 50% of your funds for 2 or 3 weeks. But you then get most of your money back. It is hardly an onerous penalty compared to the potential reward. For example slowstu put $450 on Ambrose for 3 weeks - normally a 20% a week return option - which would be a gain of around $330 over the 3 weeks. But by locking it up with a stress option slowstu hoped to gain an extra $1200 bonus, which would be an extra 267% return on his $450, without even being at risk of losing his $450. That is hardly unfair.

Panic Dollars was created in part to allow Blitzers a more visible way to ride the roller coaster of emotions that goes with riding the bandwagon of perennially injured players on the fringe of selection. Yes there is some luck involved, because not every player gets injured, or gets the same opportunity to play. But that is the game.

Yes I am looking at options to convert Panic Dollars into tradeable Blitzcoin. But I am having trouble finding anyone who is willing to accept Blitzcoin. So far the only takers are:

• SDank Wellness Centre who say that for 1,000 blitzcoin they will load up a syringe with whatever is in the fridge and jab it into your rear end.
  • Fark Carlton Cheer Squad who for 2,000 blitzcoin will allow you to sit with them at Fark Carlton home games v non-Melbourne clubs.
    I will keep Gamers posted on further developments.
5 Likes

Sell Mutch.
Buy Myers.

Thanks KFC

1 Like

Not many Gamers have updated their player investments this week. I expect squad will be announced this evening, then trades will close - so you don’t have much time left.

Yeah, I just decided. 50 50 Myers (instead of Harts) & Frang (as was) no stresses at this stage. Ta KFC

1 Like

Equals parts Gleeson, Myers and Langford please KFC

1 Like

All in on Baguley triple stress thanks

1 Like

Sell Brown and Bird, double stress on Langford.

1 Like

You don’t have Langford, you have Francis as your 3rd player. Or are you saying to buy Langford?

Sorry, yes that’s what I meant.

1 Like

Sell all.

Buy Myers 50% (double stress)
Buy McKenna 50% (double stress)

1 Like

Final 22 are now named - ranked below. Francis provided the biggest return, and if he plays will enable Klawdy to skip out to a big lead again. Myers had plenty of support and his investors were rewarded, eventually.

If this team all play, only Colyer, AM-T, Hurley, Parish and Goddard will have played every game (including the JLT series).

Of those who missed out, Langford continues to burn fingers.

1 Like

Myers …BANG!

Franga BANG BANG!! …

Go the Frang!