Panic Dollars 2017 - the game

Triple stress Fanta, & Joey 50% each pls.

1 Like

Sell all. All in and triple stress Ambrose

2 Likes

Sell all.

Buy 50% Hurls & 50% Hepp and lock them both in for triple stress.

1 Like

KFC I think your game has been ā€œsolved.ā€ Exploits aplenty on the stress. Patch incoming?

Sell all.

Triple stress Ambrose please.

1 Like

Sell All

Buy McGrath 50% Double Stress
Buy McKenna 50% Double Stress

1 Like

@Kay_Eff_See

I donā€™t think your game has been solved, I am still working out that the stress options arenā€™t as obvious as some of us may assume, but I would suggest that more stress reward be given to those who take a risk on players selected who are on the borderline of coming in or coming out or under an injury cloud.

You are already picking these well with the standard return rates, but if your rules could give more proportional reward for players taken on double and triple stress. That is if the reward for double and triple stress was multiplied by the return rate for the set double or triple stress reward amount (which you have already set on your double and triple stress reward table). Currently there is little difference in the reward for stress options, despite greatly increased risk for some players compared to others.,

I would also suggest that the triple stress reward be increased, because there maybe even a little less reward for triple stress compared to double stress if you take into account you can get 3 double stress rewards in a 6 week period and only 2 triple stress rewards. Given the triple stress is a bigger risk it should be a bigger reward than the double stress.

For instance, using your table, if I triple stress a player twice in a row from this week, and again in 3 weeks time (involving a 6 week period) I will get two triple stress bonuses totalling $25,136. But if I double stress the same player 3 times in a row (again involving the same 6 week period) I will get 3 double stress bonuses totalling $26,035.

Now I have said that, I should declare that is why I have changed from triple stress to double stress and would recommend waiting just over a week before making any of my suggested changes.

ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  hell. Kiss of deathā€¦

2 Likes

Firstly to @anon71769209 - the game isnā€™t broken. From my point of view the game would be broken if all the Gamers were picking the same players, using exactly the same strategy, and all moving up together with little change in the rankings. This is not happening at the moment. Using stress is not an exploit - it is meant to happen. But if you are near the bottom of the table and not using stress options it is likely you will not make much progress up the rankings. As I have said before stress options are more advantageous for gamers with a lot less money, than gamers with lots of money. Without stress options, if you only have $1,000 and are competing against someone with $10,000, and both of you get 30% return a week, you have no chance - the gap between you will grow by 30% a week, compounding. This is much more of an exploit than stress options.
I am also a bit surprised you donā€™t like the stress options, since I think you were one of the folks making comments that this game was the opposite to panic dollars as originally thought of by blitz. Surely you will appreciate that what has just happened to all the locked in Ambrose stress investors is close to that concept of panic dollars.

Now to @SCarey - yes you are correct. Stress options are not as simple as they might appear - and they deliberately force you to consider other players than those on fringe of 22. I always said I wanted more diversity in the number of players selected and this is happening. Woosha isnā€™t really coming to the party with much change in the team each week. So expect to see return rates pushed out more for those players who are outside the ā€œmost likely 30ā€ after the bye. Yes, the 3 week stress option appears to be much more, but it is up to gamers to work out whether this is fools gold or not - and the answer may not be the same depending on how much money you have, and whether you are picking high or low risk players to stress. This is the game - it is about making choices when the ways to optimise reward and balance risk are contradictory.

I put out the table for stress options for the whole year because I canā€™t really change them without 4 weeks notice as someone will always have part of their money locked up for 3 weeks. So they are likely to stay as they are. They are not perfectly balanced, they are not meant to be perfectly balanced. If anyone can work out the best way to use them, they are welcome to - this is good gaming, not an exploit.

2 Likes

Tables showing ranking of returns for the players in the team for R11, and those who missed out.

Not much interest in the highest ranked selected players this week - Gleeson, Bellchambers, Stanton and Howlett. Seems that Woosha surprised with the changes he made. McGrath and Heppell were the most selected players who were named in the team.

Of the players who missed out - Ambrose stands out, with his 6 investors who all took stress options. There were also stress options taken on Leuenberger and Dea. These will hurt for a while.

With Parish out, it leaves Colyer, Goddard, Hurley and AMT as the only players who will have played every game this year (including JLT games).

Panic Dollars holdings and rankings after Round 11 v AFLovechild.

Returns were a bit lower this week - averaging 25% across the board. Reminder that yellow highlights show live stress options, pink highlights show failed stress options.

The biggest gain was @hambo who increased his panic dollars holding by almost 200% and climbed 8 places. The biggest fall was @Juicy who lost 4% of his holdings and fell 5 places.

Correction:
Some Gamers are shown with Stress Options ending in R13. R13 is a bye round for Essendon, these options should be shown as finishing R14.

SELL ALL, BUY LANGFORD TA

1 Like

Return Rates and Stress Option bonuses for Round 12 are posted below.

RULE CHANGE

Round 13 is the bye for us. Currently no Gamer has money locked up passed R14. So this rule change will start from R15.

TRAUMA OPTION
This is very much an all or nothing option. 100% of panic dollar funds have to be invested in 1 player and you have to nominate that you want the Trauma option. If that player plays all the next 5 matches in a row then you get the Trauma bonus - which starts from $100,000. However, you donā€™t get any weekly match returns along the way. But you still lose 2% of your funds for each match he misses (the normal rule applies).

The Trauma bonus increases each round till the end of the year. See table below.

Notes:

• You get the bonus applicable to the round when you lock the player in, not the bonus of the round when you get paid.
  • When the bonus payments are blue, you are depending on Essendon being in Finals matches to get paid.

Well that just escalated.

1 Like

Sell 50% McGrath, buy Kelly, Double Stress both.

1 Like

Hello @Kay_Eff_See , I like the Trauma Option, would you consider increasing the stress and trauma of the process by multiplying the Trauma bonus by a factor related to the return rate applicable to the player invested in at the time of the investment. If you thought a straight out multiplication was too distorting, perhaps multiply the bonus amount by a tenth of the return rate and add that to your set bonus.

So if Hepellā€™s return rate is still $2 at round 15 and I invested 100% of my funds in him for a $100,000 5 Game Trauma bonus from round 15 on, I would get $100,000 + $20,000 ($20,000 = 0.2 x $100,000) , but if I invested in Myers and his return rate was still $4 for round 15, I would get $100,000 + $40,000. Bigger risk, bigger reward, it would give the stragglers a way of trying to win the game, without completely distorting it.

Thanks for the game, Iā€™m enjoying it. Feel free to ignore my suggestion. Just showing an interest.

Thanks for the suggestion and interest. But I want the different options to be different - you donā€™t get everything in each option, so you have to choose what you think will produce the best outcome. What you are suggesting is a bit like having weekly returns in the Trauma option - whereas I removed the weekly returns in Trauma because I didnā€™t want Trauma to be just like Stress but over 5 weeks.

Please invest all unstressed bunce in The Langford, ta.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have double stress on Gleeson and Bellchambers please.

1 Like

TRAUMA MY LANGFORD PURCHASE SIR. GET HIM IN JOHN

1 Like