Panic Dollars Game 2018 Results: Blitzcoin millionaire Skip27 wins from Nod and Benny

As I said last year. There is nothing to stop Gamers who want to play in a negative way investing in players who do not get selected, develop strategies to lose funds as fast possible, and then celebrating after a month or so when all their funds runs out.

It doesn’t sound like fun to me. But if some Gamers want to do that for whatever reason - go ahead.

Pfft. I can get a better return betting on myself to hook up with Jessica Alba.

In!

1 Like

I see this game like panic insurance.

For example, I dont want JOEDAN to get injured, so I go all out in the game. While he is playing I make lots of panic dollars.

If he gets injured, I therefore can cash this panic in, and panic a lot more. I can have a massively big panic.

1 Like

I’m in this year.

1 Like

Why no shorting, it’s where I do my best work.

Re shorting: How would you propose this would work? OK you want to sell a player you haven’t actually invested in. But there is no secondary buyer - who are you going to sell the player to? How and when are you going to deliver the player investment to this secondary buyer?
There is no shorting in unit trust or (non DIY) super fund types of investments. It doesn’t make any sense here.

Would it be possible to offer to sell an investment to another investor at a reduced price?

Edcit: I don’t know if this is even an answer to your question, or if it’s practical.

It might be possible to trade between Gamers. But putting aside the extra work for me to record all the trades - what would be the benefit of this trading?
You can already cash in your player investments in any week and invest in other players - why would you seek or accept a reduced price from another Gamer? If you want to trade a locked position - either the lock has failed so it is worthless and no one would buy it, or the lock is still live so its value has increased and you are unlikely to want to sell it at below face value.

2 Likes

Makes sense.
Was just trying to find a compromise.

No worries. Although all this discussion is probably scaring people away and making the game seem more complicated than it is.

I want the game to be about EFC and the players - my intention it that Gamers with the best knowledge of individual players and the Match Committee’s intentions about team structure will do well in this game.

I don’t want to make it a game for maths nerds doing complicated calcs on future values of playerX v playerY.

1 Like

Debate the morals of this game all you want, but one thing is clear, anyone with some web dev skills could turn this into many bitcoins.

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot this year, mate. I’ll probably just wing it on the fly, and ask many stupid questions as we go, but what the heck.

Well, I’m out then.

1 Like

You would have to create a secondary options market to do it.

incorporate it into a web app on blitz. web nerd.

If last year is any guide DJR, it is clear that you just like to watch

1 Like

This week Panic Dollars starts. JLT1 is on Saturday.

I won’t post the official return rates until after the club’s injury report - which I expect is Tuesday late afternoon.
Gamers have to then nominate the players you are investing in before the squad is announced which I expect will be Thursday evening. Although it may be Wednesday - make you own inquiries.

To help you along here are draft returns - I expect some of these will change on Tuesday, after Club’s injury report.

These draft rates are to help get you started this week, but no investments will be accepted before I announce game is open on Tuesday arvo (and post the official return rates).

For those who need an example:
You have $100 to invest, you can spread this across as many players as you want. Although the costs for non-selection should discourage you from spreading across too many players.
Say you invest $25 in each of Heppel, Jerret, Hooker and Long. Then Heppel and Jerret play, but Hooker and Long do not.
Your position will be …

• Heppel: $25 x (1+30%) = $32.50
  • Jerret: $25 x (1+100%) = $50.00
  • Hooker: $25 - $100 x 1% = $24
  • Long: $25 - $100 x 1% = $24
2 Likes

Are these going to be close the the real rates KFC? Poor returns for a JLT game.

No sign of any injury report, so … Gentlemen start your engines. Here are the final rates for JLT1.
Don’t think there are any women playing. But it is not too late to join @Koala, @Darli, @Bombergirl and co, or anyone else who wants to start. Apologies if I have assumed or mis-assumed anyone’s gender.

I think Hurley is probably the main change from the draft rates on Sunday.

A couple of things to remember:

• You all start with $100 to invest. There is nothing to be gained by not investing all your funds every game.
  • Your post is locked in. Once you post you can’t edit or change. Penalty for editing to change your investment is 50% of your funds. Yes I can find out if you make an edit.
  • No more investments once squad is announced for the JLT1 game (probably Thursday evening, but make your own investigation of when this will be).
  • Any further investment may be stopped on specific players if the Club releases information that I believe guarantees a certain player will play. There are no gimmes in panic dollars.
  • You only get paid if a player plays. Late outs don’t get paid and incur penalty cost, late inclusions do get paid.