Patrick Dangerfield

Speculation that Adelaide are willing to trade Dangerfield this trade period so that they can receive something fairer than if he was to leave as a free agent at the end of 2015. Apparently was going to head to VIC anyway…

-Paul Roos has thrown his hat into the ring with rumours that Melb are willing to trade pick 2 AND 3 for him.

-Collingwood are hopeful to get him through a 3-way deal with Beams heading to Brisbane, pick 4 + ‘good’ player to Adelaide and Dangerfield to the Pies.

-Hawks have the cash and Paddy grew up in Geelong and their success may appeal to him

-Apparently Zaka and Hurls are really close with Dangerfield. We also have Craig and Bass who are former Adelaide men to convince him.

Hypothetically, if Danger chose EFC, what trade are you willing to put together. Would it involve Ryder as a 3 way?

if Cats get Henderson and Scott Selwood, not sure how they can get Dangerfield as well.

If Cats get those 2 they are a top 6 side…if they get them plus Danger…fark me they are top4 again

They can’t get those three and lock down these guys…
Jimmy Bartel Unrestricted
Corey Enright Unrestricted
Tom Hawkins Restricted
Steve Johnson Unrestricted
James Kelly Unrestricted
Andrew Mackie Unrestricted
Dawson Simpson Unrestricted
Mathew Stokes Unrestricted

Something has to break.

if Cats get Henderson and Scott Selwood, not sure how they can get Dangerfield as well.

If Cats get those 2 they are a top 6 side…if they get them plus Danger…fark me they are top4 again

meh

Hypothetically if we finished bottom 4, would we consider trading away our first pick (Pick 4ish) for this guy? We'd probably need to throw in a good player as well.
He's a free agent. No need to trade.

Good point. Carry on.

Even if he wasn’t a free agent, I would trade our first pick for him.

Hypothetically if we finished bottom 4, would we consider trading away our first pick (Pick 4ish) for this guy? We'd probably need to throw in a good player as well.

Good point. Carry on.

Hypothetically if we finished bottom 4, would we consider trading away our first pick (Pick 4ish) for this guy? We’d probably need to throw in a good player as well.

I'm betting Pies.

Would kill me…!

Don’t be shocked if he ends up at Hawthorn. Still have cash after losing Franklin, and the lure of a flag would mean a discount

We have no chance i would think. If this whole thing ended with ASADA then maybe, but with all the crap hanging over the club we’re no chance. And we look further away from a flag than we did a few months ago.

I’m betting Pies.

You just know he’ll end up at Richmond or St Kilda.

Crows keep signing players too. Cash will be starting to run out for Danger if he’s not careful - Dustin Martin style.

$800K

Quoted Post

A reply to: @yaco55 regarding QuoteLink
Walker is a good choice as captain - A seriously good and intelligent player.

Dangerfield - It’s either the Cats or the Hawks.

Really?
I was told that he has narrowed it down to Geelong, Essendon and Collingwood in that order. That was from a bloke who manages other players in the AFL.
Geelong obviously first choice but he is apparantly very keen on playing in the big blockbuster games at a packed MCG.
Still think he will end up at Geelong but hope we do our due dilligence

This is only my opinion - Think the Hawks will make a play because their midfield is getting old - Dangerfield would fit in well at the Hawks - Actually Dangerfield would fit intoany club.

Did any of you stop to think that he may have supported Geelong as a youngster? Big dollars to go play at your supported team would be pretty enticing for anyone. Plus he surfs and its easier going for a wave from Kadinia Park than Tulla.

Best facility in aust?,where is our farking wave pool!

Does he even fit?

Would take Myers role I guess.

Yeah, I would take him.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Did any of you stop to think that he may have supported Geelong as a youngster? Big dollars to go play at your supported team would be pretty enticing for anyone. Plus he surfs and its easier going for a wave from Kadinia Park than Tulla.

No, I didn’t stop to think that.

Why 3 way it? Send him there direct. If ports a concideration, F him, go to the Crows, Adelaide is Adelaide.

edit: my concerns are, Paddy D leaves for free agency because of silly things going on with the EFC. And I'm not a big fan of Paddy D.. doesn't sell me on what we'd have to pay him vs output..