Patrick Dangerfield

Hope hes waiting for us to sign Woosha then he signs on with us!

Danger can go to Geelong via the draft, it’s all a game of bluff, just tells each club with a pick above Geelong that their in for a world of misery if they pick him. It’s the same for any recruit, just promise the club that their development will be wasted, because the required will leave after two years( assuming, they know their preferred club will pick them ). This whole recruiting restraint of trade b.s. is there to be “gamed”

Danger can go to Geelong via the draft, it's all a game of bluff, just tells each club with a pick above Geelong that their in for a world of misery if they pick him. It's the same for any recruit, just promise the club that their development will be wasted, because the required will leave after two years( assuming, they know their preferred club will pick them ). This whole recruiting restraint of trade b.s. is there to be "gamed"

And watch his bluff get called quick smart.

Its pretty hard to tell exactly where our club will be post saga. How much of the footy we played this year was saga related? How much will it effect us next year? How much of our ■■■■ footy had nothing to do with the saga? How good or bad was our coach?

If we are fully cleared by the end of the year, how will the players respond? Will the effects linger on? Will they thrive because the weight is finally lifted of their shoulders? How much difference will a new coach make?

I honestly have no idea how good, or bad we are with our current list. The past 3 years have made it very difficult to know what the players are capable of. I know some of you think we just need a slight rebuild, and some think we need to pretty much tank for a few years.

On pure gut feel, nothing else, I feel fully fit and firing next year we are a just above middle of the rank team. With the likes of Norf, Richmond, and the crows.

Id love to have danger at the club. But because these questions can’t be answered with as much certainty as our competition, I would be very reluctant to give up the picks and possibly players required in order to land danger.

A tanking danger is better than most players lol.

Pretty hard to tank for 5 years

We need to throw everything at this guy, if for no other reason than to make sure Geelong pay top dollar

We need to throw everything at this guy, if for no other reason than to make sure Geelong pay top dollar

Have to say im all for farking over Geelong.

I’m all for farking over anyone, literally, just one team once, it would be cathartic

I’m all for farking over anyone, literally, just one team once, it would be cathartic

They cried for years over Bomba, imagine if we snared Danger!

Cats will do the trade.

They have been chasing him for years, remember the secret mission with Selwood last contract.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes for a lesser trade too.

Say we picked up pick 5 from Saints, would people be willing to offer pick 4 & 5 to Crows for Dangerfield?

ps I wouldn’t but I am curious whether others would.

Say we picked up pick 5 from Saints, would people be willing to offer pick 4 & 5 to Crows for Dangerfield?

He is awesome and worth it, but we need to build something bigger from scratch

That’s what he’s realistically worth. But no, I wouldn’t. Don’t think we’ve got the list around him to make it worthwhile (ie maybe build a Judd @ Carlton era)

Would love to take him. Who wouldn’t.

But as Bomba Thompson mentioned last night the Cats are putting all eggs in the 1 basket to get him. Very un Geelong like. With pick 9 going to Adelaide + late pick and no doubt decent player(s)…players and 2nd round pick for Henderson, and still wanting S Selwood…they will have a great core but in order to do it have got rid of guys like SJ and Stokes who have 1-2 years left easily, as well as the likelihood of future stars being sent to ADE, WCE and Carlton (Josh Walker mentioned). Only in the minority I’m sure but I just don’t see this as a major coupe as most.

Paddy wants to come home…great. But why change a whole club structure and culture for 1 bloke.

I would like to get Josh Walker. Can play, just not ruck.

Wonder if we could get involved there, help them out with a 3rd rd to 2nd round upgrade or similar??

That’s what he’s realistically worth. But no, I wouldn’t. Don’t think we’ve got the list around him to make it worthwhile (ie maybe build a Judd @ Carlton era)

Yep. It would be very much the Judd / Kennedy situation. They’d want one of our good young guys as well as a pick I reckon.

(Sorry, just realised I don’t know/recall enough about the free-agency thing - re. pick etc. Anyway he’s obviously a great player that would be ‘good’ for any team, but don’t see him being a ‘great’ fit for where we are at. Think we’ve got to see what our list can do with clean-air TM, before trying to woo players on huge salaries.)

I would like to get Josh Walker. Can play, just not ruck.

Wonder if we could get involved there, help them out with a 3rd rd to 2nd round upgrade or similar??

You would imagine it is going to take a 3 or 4 way deal to make this work for the Cats.

You would imagine it is going to take a 3 or 4 way deal to make this work for the Cats.</

I agree. Just can’t see Geelong getting everything they want with what they currently have. With recent delistings, retirements and potential player trades to WCE, ADL and CAR, they could have a turn over of 10-15 players fro their list to gain 3 and a few late draft picks. Come to Essendon Paddy!

Adel and Geel should do a secret deal. IE: adel say we wont match the deal so we get the compo pick. But we will do a separate trade involving either other players or picks (Totally Separate to the Dangerfield trade), just so happens that in this separate deal, it is VERY favourable to Adel. For example, a Geel player and First Pick this Year for Adel 2nd pick Next year!

Perhaps not as extreme as that example, but it does ensure there is an extra pick going to Adel involved by the way of the compo pick, making it easier to get the appropriate value for Adel, without it costing Geel as much.

anuone who genuinely thinks we have even 0.0000001 % chance of getting him is doo lally and captain hatstand.all rolled into one. We are as attractive as gils polo jacket.