Patrick Dangerfield

Kev6

Can’t do that as all deals have to be ticked off by the AFL. Each deal has to be seperate from all other deals and no loaded trades. Was brought in after the ‘veal deal’.

Adel and Geel should do a secret deal. IE: adel say we wont match the deal so we get the compo pick. But we will do a separate trade involving either other players or picks (Totally Separate to the Dangerfield trade), just so happens that in this separate deal, it is VERY favourable to Adel. For example, a Geel player and First Pick this Year for Adel 2nd pick Next year!

Perhaps not as extreme as that example, but it does ensure there is an extra pick going to Adel involved by the way of the compo pick, making it easier to get the appropriate value for Adel, without it costing Geel as much.

I think they could set something up like the Veale deal that would get past scrutiny.

For example, Geelong take Dangerfield FA, on big bucks but not mega bucks. They save salary cap and keep the “premiership agreement” (mostly) going. Adelaide get pick #13.

Then Geelong trades pick #9 for Adelaide’s pick #30 and either pick #48 or a fringe young player.

Adelaide lose Dangerfield, a nobody and pick #30
Gain picks #9, #13

Geelong get Dangerfield
Lose pick #9
Use #30 and (their own) #27 on Henderson.

I think that would struggle to get past scrutiny, especially with compensation picks being involved. IMO
Besides, why would the Crows do the Cats a favour?

Cats will do the trade.

They have been chasing him for years, remember the secret mission with Selwood last contract.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he goes for a lesser trade too.

That was Boak.

They would only do it if they didn’t think they’d get as much otherwise. For a potential delistee, and pick #30 they’re getting #9 and #13. The thing is, if they force Geelong to trade they’ll get #9 anyway. So the question is whether #13 for a delistee and #30 is better than what Geelong would add on top of pick #9 to get Dangerfield. If its a Judd like trade, that’s not worth it. If its a Burgoyne like trade, you’re probably better off doing the new Veale deal.

The trade the AFL would have to scrutinise is #9 for #30 and no-name guy. How do you then say Geelong doesn’t rate no-name enough for a pick upgrade?

Adel and Geel should do a secret deal.

Right, because the last “special arrangement” they had ended so well.

Adelaide better hope that Dangerfield only wants to go to Geelong, because the declaration that they will match any offer could really throw up some interesting consequences.

And there you go.

#AFLFinals ‏@AFL 10s10 seconds ago
The Crows will match any offer for Patrick Dangerfield. http://afl.to/1KSievF

Good on them. That’s playing hardball. So he has to stay with Adelaide now right?

somehow essendon will be hard to deal with as a result of this.

Surely we’ve got more cap space than most…let’s put up $1.3m

Good on them. That's playing hardball. So he has to stay with Adelaide now right?

We could learn from them. We get rolled way too easy in trade street.

I want us to trade for him just for the lols. Get him to Essendon, then have James Hird fly him to Wangaratta on Paul Little’s private jet for the press conference.

Also wouldn’t mind if he somehow made it to the swans, taking $450,000 a year, for 10 years.

Remember that time everyone got excited because Dangerfield was on BomberTV with Zaka & Hurls suiting up for the Brownlow.

Nope

Yep, and the big kids want to shut the Jack Watts thread down because it’s unrealistic. Opposite realms of desire but whatever, PD is in gold plate on a Geelong locker, this is fantasy foolsball

We are definitely more than 0.00000001% chance of getting danger. I would say 0.0001%

What’s Adelaide on about - Dangerfield doesn’t wish to stay at the club so why would you match the offer - It’s lunacy - Take the compensation pick and run on.

This ends up a ■■■■ fight and then watch the abolition of RFA and FA agents eligibility being only 7 years.

They’re on about getting better than pick 14 for Dangerfield, and they almost certainly will. If Geelong want Dangerfield so badly they can either offer him a ridiculous Buddy-esque deal that Adelaide won’t match, or they can find something better than pick 14 to offer. Good on Adelaide.

oh my, yaco, oh my,