Patrick Dangerfield

I hope Adelaide match the bid and force Geelong to give their first round pick to Adelaide. The best thing about this, is it farks over Carlton with the Henderson deal

This whole matching this is bullshit anyway. It’s a bluff Adelaide knows they won’t be called out on. They can ‘match’ any ridiculous offer and know Danger won’t sign with them anyway, so they’re losing nothing by ‘matching’.

Any chance Danger loves Woosha and wants to come with him to us? Would Carlisle like to join Jenkins over there to help make it happen?

I’m dreaming I know, but it’s not impossible.

oh my, yaco, oh my,

Every time someone does this I unblock that post, and he never, ever disappoints.

Kev6

Can’t do that as all deals have to be ticked off by the AFL. Each deal has to be seperate from all other deals and no loaded trades. Was brought in after the ‘veal deal’.

Like I said, Maybe not that extreme, but how about a fringe Adel player for Geel first pick. Who is the AFL integrity department to say “hang on that kid is not worth pick #9?”

The two trades are totally independent of each other!

This whole matching this is bullshit anyway. It's a bluff Adelaide knows they won't be called out on. They can 'match' any ridiculous offer and know Danger won't sign with them anyway, so they're losing nothing by 'matching'.

They’re losing compensation and they’re forced to trade or risk lose Danger for nothing.

I’d imagine clubs would need to prove matched deals could fit within their salary caps.

I like the matching idea. It becomes more important if/when compensation is removed from free agency.

What's Adelaide on about - Dangerfield doesn't wish to stay at the club so why would you match the offer - It's lunacy - Take the compensation pick and run on.

This ends up a ■■■■ fight and then watch the abolition of RFA and FA agents eligibility being only 7 years.

Even dumb Dora understands that by matching Geelong’s offer Adelaide potentially force Geelong to cough a better deal for Adelaide. If Carlisle was in the same position (restricted FA) I would expect Essendon to do exactly the same as Adelaide.

I hope Adelaide match the bid and force Geelong to give their first round pick to Adelaide. The best thing about this, is it farks over Carlton with the Henderson deal

It could fark us over. What if Carlisle chooses Carlton and that was the pick we were going to get? Carlton aren’t going to give up pick 1 or potentially pick 2 so they either offer unders or convince him to walk into the PSD.

It could fark us over. What if Carlisle chooses Carlton and that was the pick we were going to get? Carlton aren’t going to give up pick 1 or potentially pick 2 so they either offer unders or convince him to walk into the PSD.

I don’t think you need to worry about the PSD.

I don’t think you need to worry about the PSD.

Hope not.

25 Sep 2015 Herald Sun
MICHELANGELO RUCCI

Cat deal in Danger

ADELAIDE has played its first ace in its poker game with Geelong for star midfielder Patrick Dangerfield by leaving the door open to a trade with another Victorian club.
Crows chief executive Andrew Fagan yesterday acknowledged that 25-yearold Dangerfield — and his fiancee Mardi Harwood — were “compelled for family reasons” to return to their home base at Moggs Creek, near Geelong.
But this does not rule out Adelaide trading Dangerfield to a Melbourne club.
Hawthorn, Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton are primed to start an auction for the Brownlow Medal contender should he become available.
“Nothing is off the table,” Fagan said. “It’s not in our interest (to detail) our strategy. But I can assure our supporters and members that we will make decisions that deliver the best outcome for our club.”
The Dangerfield saga could follow this script: GEELONG will formally table its free-agency offer for Dangerfield on October 9, the start of the free-agency period. It will be a five or six-year deal worth $800,000 a season with third-party sponsorships attached. ADELAIDE will become the first club to match an offer since free agency was introduced in 2012.
Although the Crows are still blind to Geelong’s offer to Dangerfield, they claim they are not short of salary cap money to counter the Cats. DANGERFIELD will then be stripped of his “free-agent” tag.
He can then agree to be traded by the Crows for draft picks or players in next month’s trade period.
He could also nominate for November’s national draft, in which Carlton has the first pick.
Adelaide would receive no compensation if Dangerfield slips to the draft. GEELONG, currently with pick No.9 in the national draft, would have to agree to a trade with Adelaide for Dangerfield — or lose out with so many other Victorian clubs prepared to bid for him.
“It is important to understand that through the course of the season, we asked Paddy if he was to make a decision and when he made that decision, he would let us know,” Fagan said.
“That was to give us appropriate time to manage our list.
“The issue is about compensation.”
Dangerfield will attend Adelaide’s best-and-fairest tomorrow night after being urged by the club to “front up’’ and explain his decision to staff, supporters and sponsors. He will also sit at Adelaide’s table at Monday’s Brownlow Medal count.

Could pick 5 from saints, plus pick we get for melk do it? Surely be more than what Geelong could offer.
Carlisle + Melk for Danger seems a fair outcome for us. Use pick 4 on Francis. A second round pick on Hall.

Saints lose, Pick 5 and 2nd rounder, gain Carlisle, Ess 3rd round pick (should be enough to gain them that broken down collingwood midfielder)
Crows lose Danger, gain pick 5, Ess 2nd rounder
Ess lose Carlisle, Melk and 3rd round pick, gain Danger, melb 2nd rounder
Dees lose 2nd rounder, gain Melk

later
Gold Coast lose Hall, gain second rounder (we got from melb)

What may sway the crows is some good will, give them pick 4 instead of 5…if we are prepared to hand them Francis in the draft as well. But that could be something we can hold back to trounce the Geelong offer. Personally if we get danger, we don’t need to draft parish, would much rather get Francis.

DANGER, LIBBA BENNELL PICK PARISH CURNOW SOME OTHER ■■■■■ FROM THE DRAFT

COME ON DOWN 2016 PREMIERSHIP

We are definitely more than 0.00000001% chance of getting danger. I would say 0.0001%
I've been unable to be on BB all year and I come in here for some good old fashioned over the top bomberblitz optimism and this is what I get.

Realism.

Who needs REALISM.

We are definitely more than 0.00000001% chance of getting danger. I would say 0.0001%
I've been unable to be on BB all year and I come in here for some good old fashioned over the top bomberblitz optimism and this is what I get.

Realism.

Who needs REALISM.

Welcome back, earth.
(why do i feel all Ron Burgundy saying that?)

Thanks mate.

Did you stay classy?

I did not.

In unrelated news, there is a 0.0002% chance of the entire AFL commission and senior executive being abruptly sacked.

Geez, a Dangerfield trade could hijack the trade period and hold up all other trades.

I did not.
Excellent.