Patrick Dangerfield

We are definitely more than 0.00000001% chance of getting danger. I would say 0.0001%
In unrelated news, there is a 0.0002% chance of the entire AFL commission and senior executive being abruptly sacked.
So there's a chance?

YESSSSSS!!! Punches the air

Where you been, earth?

I did not.
Excellent.

In fact he didn’t even try.

Welcome back too, btw. You’ve been missed around here.

DANGER, LIBBA BENNELL PICK PARISH CURNOW SOME OTHER ■■■■■ FROM THE DRAFT

COME ON DOWN 2016 PREMIERSHIP

First word in that sentence very apt. We’d be the ISIS of the AFL, and why the hell not? Driven to extremist drafting.

Fark Danger!

WE WANT O’MEARA

Say we picked up pick 5 from Saints, would people be willing to offer pick 4 & 5 to Crows for Dangerfield?

ps I wouldn’t but I am curious whether others would.

No. One of those but not both. Maybe if Dangerfield was 20 instead of 25 but he is 25.

Fark Danger!

WE WANT O’MEARA

HELL YEAH! Hopefully he is good mates with Bluey and being from WA idolised Woosha. Im sure we have contacts who can help him out with him property portfolio in melbourne. 2017 come on down!

Yeh 25, what an old ■■■■. Isn’t like he is a top 10 player in his prime with 8 years left or anything.

lets create some news shall we MICHELANGELO RUCCI

Free Agency is such garbage. Leading to a less equal competition where a lot of players just want to play for traditionally successful and large clubs.

Yeh 25, what an old ■■■■. Isn't like he is a top 10 player in his prime with 8 years left or anything.

Not saying he’s old. Just saying that I would not give up 4 and 5 for him as a 25 year old. He may still be great at 33 but unlikely.

Free Agency is such garbage. Leading to a less equal competition where a lot of players just want to play for Hawthorn

Danger will get to the cats. They also do! AFL will be envolved behind the scenes to ensure a DEAL gets done. If Adelaide matched a market value contract then cats refuse to strike a deal, Danger says its Geelong or nothing and walks through PSD the uproar would be enormous!

Can you swap picks in the pre-season draft?

What I am angling at is could Geelong and Carlton swap pre-season draft picks (as part of the Henderson deal) thus a giving Geelong 1st pick in the pre-season draft as “protection” for Adelaide forcing danger into the draft.

Or could Adelaide do the same.

Of course this would depend on Carlton not wanting Danger themselves.

Could pick 5 from saints, plus pick we get for melk do it? Surely be more than what Geelong could offer. Carlisle + Melk for Danger seems a fair outcome for us. Use pick 4 on Francis. A second round pick on Hall.

Saints lose, Pick 5 and 2nd rounder, gain Carlisle, Ess 3rd round pick (should be enough to gain them that broken down collingwood midfielder)
Crows lose Danger, gain pick 5, Ess 2nd rounder
Ess lose Carlisle, Melk and 3rd round pick, gain Danger, melb 2nd rounder
Dees lose 2nd rounder, gain Melk

later
Gold Coast lose Hall, gain second rounder (we got from melb)

What may sway the crows is some good will, give them pick 4 instead of 5…if we are prepared to hand them Francis in the draft as well. But that could be something we can hold back to trounce the Geelong offer. Personally if we get danger, we don’t need to draft parish, would much rather get Francis.

Like this, If we had the cap space to fit him in, and of course he agreed to it. One can dream.

oh my, yaco, oh my,

Every time someone does this I unblock that post, and he never, ever disappoints.

Nothing wrong with my post - But I’ll allow you to continue being the oracle.

What's Adelaide on about - Dangerfield doesn't wish to stay at the club so why would you match the offer - It's lunacy - Take the compensation pick and run on.

This ends up a ■■■■ fight and then watch the abolition of RFA and FA agents eligibility being only 7 years.

Even dumb Dora understands that by matching Geelong’s offer Adelaide potentially force Geelong to cough a better deal for Adelaide. If Carlisle was in the same position (restricted FA) I would expect Essendon to do exactly the same as Adelaide.

No other club has matched a RFA offer ? Take the compensation pick and run - I would abolish compensation picks - You then have extra money in the cap to get a FA yourself - Like the Crows did with Betts ! - Sometimes the betterment of the game is more important, than the selfish interests of one club.

What's Adelaide on about - Dangerfield doesn't wish to stay at the club so why would you match the offer - It's lunacy - Take the compensation pick and run on.

This ends up a ■■■■ fight and then watch the abolition of RFA and FA agents eligibility being only 7 years.

Even dumb Dora understands that by matching Geelong’s offer Adelaide potentially force Geelong to cough a better deal for Adelaide. If Carlisle was in the same position (restricted FA) I would expect Essendon to do exactly the same as Adelaide.

No other club has matched a RFA offer ? Take the compensation pick and run - I would abolish compensation picks - You then have extra money in the cap to get a FA yourself - Like the Crows did with Betts ! - Sometimes the betterment of the game is more important, than the selfish interests of one club.

So cause no other club has done it, they should follow like sheep. On a deal as big as this and player as good as this you play hard. Don’t see how the betterment of the game has anything to do with it. A club can set themselves up again with a very good deal and try to offset some of the loss. The FA pick in this case is no where near enough. Let goodwill be built on lesser players.

Don’t disagree with abolishing FA picks, but where does the money come from exactly? You can currently get an FA and cancel out your compo or if it is a ■■■■ pick just not use it, so the effect on the salary cap is the same. As I posted in another thread, getting rid of compo picks should be matched with more power for clubs before FA.

By negotiating a trade for Dangerfield, Adelaide are also free to pick up a free agent themselves, without having to worry about how it will affect their compensation.

Betterment of the game? If the AFL doesn’t care about the betterment of the game why should the clubs?