Patrick Dangerfield

How many magic beans essendon got

Just won the BnF for the Crows. That'll up his value if it wasn't alright high enough.

Would have been an awkward speech.

Just won the BnF for the Crows. That'll up his value if it wasn't alright high enough.

Would have been an awkward speech.

Especially when he said “Little, your jet is a pearler”.

What's Adelaide on about - Dangerfield doesn't wish to stay at the club so why would you match the offer - It's lunacy - Take the compensation pick and run on.

This ends up a ■■■■ fight and then watch the abolition of RFA and FA agents eligibility being only 7 years.

Even dumb Dora understands that by matching Geelong’s offer Adelaide potentially force Geelong to cough a better deal for Adelaide. If Carlisle was in the same position (restricted FA) I would expect Essendon to do exactly the same as Adelaide.

So your saying we can get more than pick 5.
I reckon we would just take it.

If it was pick 13 we might match it.

I haven’t read the article as its behind the paywall, but what’s this about Danger threatening to only sign a 1 year contract if anyone other than Geelong picks him up. 1. isn’t that tampering? 2. isn’t it moot because Geelong and Adelaide will trade directly?

I haven't read the article as its behind the paywall, but what's this about Danger threatening to only sign a 1 year contract if anyone other than Geelong picks him up. 1. isn't that tampering? 2. isn't it moot because Geelong and Adelaide will trade directly?
How is that tampering? He's not saying that he won't go.

Even if he did come to the bombers, he would only last one year before wanting out…regardless of the contract duration.

I haven't read the article as its behind the paywall, but what's this about Danger threatening to only sign a 1 year contract if anyone other than Geelong picks him up. 1. isn't that tampering? 2. isn't it moot because Geelong and Adelaide will trade directly?
How is that tampering? He's not saying that he won't go.

Even if he did come to the bombers, he would only last one year before wanting out…regardless of the contract duration.

That’s what I’m asking.

We are definitely more than 0.00000001% chance of getting danger. I would say 0.0001%

LOL!

If we ended up with Danger I’d rub one out into my Geelong supporting sales rep’s laptop.

Pick up danger. Finish last. He threatens to walk. We’re have 1st psd pick. Have to trade him or we draft him again.

We are definitely more than 0.00000001% chance of getting danger. I would say 0.0001%

LOL!

If we ended up with Danger I’d rub one out into my Geelong supporting sales rep’s laptop.

Almost makes it worth doing!

He can’t. If Adelaide and Geelong fail to get a trade done before end of trade period he can then still sign a contract with Adelaide and stay 1 more year. If he doesn’t, he goes into the pre-season draft and goes to where he is drafted to.

The only way he could get to Geelong through PSD is to put an asking price so ludicrous that all the teams in the draft before Geelong baulk at the cost.

Although, that said, someone remind me how Tippett fell for Sydney in the PSD again?

He can’t. If Adelaide and Geelong fail to get a trade done before end of trade period he can then still sign a contract with Adelaide and stay 1 more year. If he doesn’t, he goes into the pre-season draft and goes to where he is drafted to.

The only way he could get to Geelong through PSD is to put an asking price so ludicrous that all the teams in the draft before Geelong baulk at the cost.

Although, that said, someone remind me how Tippett fell for Sydney in the PSD again?

Ludicrous money that no one else would pay. Sydney still had to pay it though. Same as Geelong if Dangerfield puts ludicrous pay claims in.

Ludicrous money that no one else would pay. Sydney still had to pay it though. Same as Geelong if Dangerfield puts ludicrous pay claims in.

If Geelong can offer him more than Carlton can, something is very, very wrong.

If Geelong can offer him more than Carlton can, something is very, very wrong.

SPOILER ALERT

The AFL trade is seriously broken. Players have way, way, wayyyyyy too much leverage - whenever a club trades a star the selling club seemingly always gets screwed - especially if you’re Adelaide or us.

“Family reasons” my bollocks - you just want to go back to Vic. The thing is, Adelaide spend A LOT of time in Victoria playing in Melbourne, there’s ample opportunity to be able to see friends and family whilst over there - FFS a flight to Melbourne is less than an hour - if he’s so damn miserable about not ‘seeing his family’ I’m sure Adelaide can conceive a schedule where he can go back home one day a week or something like that.

It’s all bollocks and the Crows are getting royally screwed.

Moggs creek. I’ve never been there and I want to go back

What's Adelaide on about - Dangerfield doesn't wish to stay at the club so why would you match the offer - It's lunacy - Take the compensation pick and run on.

This ends up a ■■■■ fight and then watch the abolition of RFA and FA agents eligibility being only 7 years.

Even dumb Dora understands that by matching Geelong’s offer Adelaide potentially force Geelong to cough a better deal for Adelaide. If Carlisle was in the same position (restricted FA) I would expect Essendon to do exactly the same as Adelaide.

No other club has matched a RFA offer ? Take the compensation pick and run - I would abolish compensation picks - You then have extra money in the cap to get a FA yourself - Like the Crows did with Betts ! - Sometimes the betterment of the game is more important, than the selfish interests of one club.

Betterment of the game? If the AFL doesn’t care about the betterment of the game why should the clubs?

Thanks to the Saga I now no longer care if our players double-tap their opponent as the ball is bounced for the start of the match. Betterment of the game indeed. Adelaide should totally match the offer. Better compensation, and less of a free hit to an opponent.

Adelaide are getting screwed no matter what - the compensation for losing a star player in this league is laughable. It’s beyond a joke.

Free Agency lodgements must be made on Friday - Then we’ll learn more - Stanton still unsigned ?

Free Agency lodgements must be made on Friday - Then we'll learn more - Stanton still unsigned ?
Offers have until Sunday the 18th (5pm). Free Agency only starts today.