Patton Pending

I just want McCluggage. If we can somehow get McCluggage AND Patton, great.

If only McCluggage was a big marking forward. McCLUNKage.

Rumour has it that Whorethorn has him lined up for 2018.. (From the same source that said that Jaeger would be a Hawk in 2017 and that he had been advised by the Hawks not to play this year back in Feb).

So you are saying they started talking to him way after we did.
Cool.

Rumour has it that Whorethorn has him lined up for 2018.. (From the same source that said that Jaeger would be a Hawk in 2017 and that he had been advised by the Hawks not to play this year back in Feb).

Cool.

It was suggested to me that he had committed a lot earlier than reported and that he had been in regular contact with their medical team… Maybe just a coincidence. If Mitchell ends up at the Hawks after GF day then this guy is two for two, either a great crystal ball, a decent source, or another coincidence.

Cool.

Are you talking about O’Meara or Patton?

McGrath won the TAC Medal for BOG in the TAC Cup final today with 38 touches & 8 clearances, if GWS really want to get pick 1 to ensure they can pick him up they can pay a ■■■■■■■ king’s ransom for him, they have the ability to do it (in picks alone) if they don’t want to give up Patton.

Hawks obviously don’t read Blitz.

Cool.

Are you talking about O’Meara or Patton?

Patton

I guess forwards are over rated.
Maybe we can draft a midfielder and put a midfielder in each position on the ground. Change the game. Essendon style.

Except Bellchambers. He stays.

I guess forwards are over rated. Maybe we can draft a midfielder and put a midfielder in each position on the ground. Change the game. Essendon style.

The game has changed. Midfield depth is the new CHF. If you don’t have it your nowhere.

Compare Cats 2 dominant players to the entire team of Bulldogs mids. Last night I counted around 13 Bulldogs that actually take turns in competing at centre bounces. Will be fun to watch swans just go with Kennedy, Parker, Jack, Mitchell and Hannebery vs the rabid pack of dogs next weekend…

And the AFL will definitely reduce rotations even further over the next 3 years (fitness staff source) putting more emphasise on having a large midfield brigade.

It’s all about the mids!

McGrath won the TAC Medal for BOG in the TAC Cup final today with 38 touches & 8 clearances, if GWS really want to get pick 1 to ensure they can pick him up they can pay a ■■■■■■■ king's ransom for him, they have the ability to do it (in picks alone) if they don't want to give up Patton.

Ooooohhhh aaaaahhhh

I guess forwards are over rated. Maybe we can draft a midfielder and put a midfielder in each position on the ground. Change the game. Essendon style.

The game has changed. Midfield depth is the new CHF. If you don’t have it your nowhere.

Compare Cats 2 dominant players to the entire team of Bulldogs mids. Last night I counted around 13 Bulldogs that actually take turns in competing at centre bounces. Will be fun to watch swans just go with Kennedy, Parker, Jack, Mitchell and Hannebery vs the rabid pack of dogs next weekend…

And the AFL will definitely reduce rotations even further over the next 3 years (fitness staff source) putting more emphasise on having a large midfield brigade.

It’s all about the mids!

One thing I will say, is that if we go with midfielder(s) I just hope they’re quick across the ground.
Presuming we go with Heppel, Langford, Laverde and Francis as our bigger midfielders in 2-3 years time that’s already enough ‘slow’ guys for my liking.

It’s all about the mids!

One thing I will say, is that if we go with midfielder(s) I just hope they’re quick across the ground.
Presuming we go with Heppel, Langford, Laverde and Francis as our bigger midfielders in 2-3 years time that’s already enough ‘slow’ guys for my liking.

McGrath

It’s all about the mids!

Francis and LAverde are explosive! They will only pinch hit in the midfield anyway
I think

And name one 190+ cm midfielder that has explosive pace?

But yes you want mids to have some toe but Zerret and Parish aren’t exactly slow. Myers has some pace and our outside guys do as well. I don’t think we are slow.

It’s all about the mids!

Francis and LAverde are explosive! They will only pinch hit in the midfield anyway
I think

But yes you want mids to have some toe but Zerret and Parish aren’t exactly slow. Myers has some pace and our outside guys do as well. I don’t think we are slow.

Francis has a bit of the Stringer’s about him - not super quick but a lot of power which helps him burst through tackles
Laverde I’m yet to see any great deal of explosiveness from in a game setting, but his testing times from U18s are good so the ability is there.

I’d also argue that in the immediate future we are slow - Watson, Goddard, Hocking, Heppell, Myers, Howlett and Stanton (the latter 3 should be considered slow when compared to how quickly players seem to cover the ground these days, whilst the first 4 are reaching glacier territory)

The 190cm thing is irrelevant as well until teams start fielding 3-4 of them.
Right now there’s only 5 that immediately spring to mind (Pendles, Fyfe, Bont, Watson, Cripps)

edit should add I’m calling anyone below the average pace over 20-30m as slow (not to be confused with Brock McLean style plodders)

Nice way to debate the points raised by the those with the differing views…

It’s all about the mids!

Yet one team has 3 first round key position forwards in their side, and the Dogs are so desperate for a marking forward that they’ll ofer Cloke a 2 year deal.

It’s all about the mids!

I think

and Colyer

Dumb question but is ALL this speculation about one newspaper article stating he would be a good target?

Why would you leave gws at the moment? The way they tore up the swans in a final this year to me just screams plenty of finals and likely flag tilts in the next 5 years.

And if your not in the game to win flags what are you in it for?

And it’s not like gws will be paying him unders…particularly with McCarthy on the way out the door.

Dumb question but is ALL this speculation about one newspaper article stating he would be a good target?

Why would you leave gws at the moment? The way they tore up the swans in a final this year to me just screams plenty of finals and likely flag tilts in the next 5 years.

And if your not in the game to win flags what are you in it for?

And it’s not like gws will be paying him unders…particularly with McCarthy on the way out the door.

A couple of people in this forum who have sources at the club, have suggested we have been in conversation with his management for a while.

I’m going to take a guess that Mark Robinson Possibly has the same contact (or source).

I’m sure Hawthorn think they could get him for Whitecross and pick 93 this year.