Patton Pending

I guess forwards are over rated. Maybe we can draft a midfielder and put a midfielder in each position on the ground. Change the game. Essendon style.

Except Bellchambers. He stays.

The game has changed. Midfield depth is the new CHF. If you don’t have it your nowhere.

Compare Cats 2 dominant players to the entire team of Bulldogs mids. Last night I counted around 13 Bulldogs that actually take turns in competing at centre bounces. Will be fun to watch swans just go with Kennedy, Parker, Jack, Mitchell and Hannebery vs the rabid pack of dogs next weekend…

And the AFL will definitely reduce rotations even further over the next 3 years (fitness staff source) putting more emphasise on having a large midfield brigade.

It’s all about the mids!

Yet one team has 3 first round key position forwards in their side, and the Dogs are so desperate for a marking forward that they’ll ofer Cloke a 2 year deal.

Which team won?

Patton has only managed to get some confidence in his body late in the season. He's barely played 50 games and in his last four games he's managed bags of 6, 5 and 4. Do not want. We've got Bellchambers!

Diminishing returns, will be costing us goals by Rd 5 next year, do not want.

I guess forwards are over rated. Maybe we can draft a midfielder and put a midfielder in each position on the ground. Change the game. Essendon style.

Except Bellchambers. He stays.

The game has changed. Midfield depth is the new CHF. If you don’t have it your nowhere.

Compare Cats 2 dominant players to the entire team of Bulldogs mids. Last night I counted around 13 Bulldogs that actually take turns in competing at centre bounces. Will be fun to watch swans just go with Kennedy, Parker, Jack, Mitchell and Hannebery vs the rabid pack of dogs next weekend…

And the AFL will definitely reduce rotations even further over the next 3 years (fitness staff source) putting more emphasise on having a large midfield brigade.

It’s all about the mids!

Yet one team has 3 first round key position forwards in their side, and the Dogs are so desperate for a marking forward that they’ll ofer Cloke a 2 year deal.

Which team won?

Find out Saturday afternoon.

Dumb question but is ALL this speculation about one newspaper article stating he would be a good target?

Why would you leave gws at the moment? The way they tore up the swans in a final this year to me just screams plenty of finals and likely flag tilts in the next 5 years.

And if your not in the game to win flags what are you in it for?

And it’s not like gws will be paying him unders…particularly with McCarthy on the way out the door.

A couple of people in this forum who have sources at the club, have suggested we have been in conversation with his management for a while.

I’m going to take a guess that Mark Robinson Possibly has the same contact (or source).

Robbo source is @bomberblitz.com

Let’s wait. See how he goes next season. We should have cap space for a biggish contract by then.

I'm sure Hawthorn think they could get him for Whitecross and pick 93 this year.
And those ■■■■■■ will somehow get it done.

Thank goodness he didnt drop those marks as an essendon player. We’d have roasted him, lol.

Dumb question but is ALL this speculation about one newspaper article stating he would be a good target?

Why would you leave gws at the moment? The way they tore up the swans in a final this year to me just screams plenty of finals and likely flag tilts in the next 5 years.

And if your not in the game to win flags what are you in it for?

And it’s not like gws will be paying him unders…particularly with McCarthy on the way out the door.

A couple of people in this forum who have sources at the club, have suggested we have been in conversation with his management for a while.

I’m going to take a guess that Mark Robinson Possibly has the same contact (or source).

Robbo source is @bomberblitz.com

True

I cannot believe what I'm reading! A few pages back someone asserted that Bellchambers could play his role better than him. Whoever kicks 4 goals for us in a Prelim will be remembered as a club champion no matter what he does subsequent.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but seriously!

Pick 1 hysteria in full effect, this silly season has been x 10’d on Blitzland!

Full “Ken Bruce” mode.

Thank goodness he didnt drop those marks as an essendon player. We'd have roasted him, lol.

If that was Daniher kicking 4 goals & playing that sort of game in a low scoring, tight prelim final against statistically the best defensive team in the competition we’d be singing his praises for 3 months.

I think Jenkins - with 8 earlier this year in a shootout - has kicked more goals against the Bulldogs in a game this year than Patton. Waite I think equalled Patton with 4 in a low scoring scrap the week prior to that (only time this year Bulldogs lost back to back games and I think coincided losing Bob Murphy & Johannisen to injury.

Thank goodness he didnt drop those marks as an essendon player. We'd have roasted him, lol.

If that was Daniher kicking 4 goals & playing that sort of game in a low scoring, tight prelim final against statistically the best defensive team in the competition we’d be singing his praises for 3 months.

I think Jenkins - with 8 earlier this year in a shootout - has kicked more goals against the Bulldogs in a game this year than Patton. Waite I think equalled Patton with 4 in a low scoring scrap the week prior to that (only time this year Bulldogs lost back to back games and I think coincided losing Bob Murphy & Johannisen to injury.

Patton is tracking nicely considering time lost to 2 ACLs. If he stays on the park he could be a force in years to come. If he stays on the park.

That said, I’d rather keep pick 1.

Is Patton’s durability as bad as many make out? 23 games this year after doing an ACL. 19 games in 2014. It’s not like he’s pinging hammys every second week.

Has an unusually small head in relation to his enormous body. WANT.

Is Patton's durability as bad as many make out? 23 games this year after doing an ACL. 19 games in 2014. It's not like he's pinging hammys every second week.
Now that you've said it, if he plays for us...............

I’m not convinced he’s 100% fit or that he’s got full confidence in his knees, (prob just my ignorant observations), but he’ll be a great foil for JoeD. A handful of angry pills before a game would help him too.

If Daniher kicked 4 goals against the Bullants we’d sing his praises for 6 months.

Reminds me of Courtney Johns!

Is Patton's durability as bad as many make out? 23 games this year after doing an ACL. 19 games in 2014. It's not like he's pinging hammys every second week.

Specifically I mean his knee.

WANT

Specifically I mean his knee.

Docs say his knees are fine.

Statistically* within 24 months there’s about a 10% chance the same knee will go again (although somewhat confusingly a 20% chance the opposite knee will go)
*taken from 75,000 recos in US in 2006