Patton Pending

Thanks, it was behind a paywall for me. I had to read it on paper, like a farking savage.

HF: Stringer . Daniher . Fantasia

F: Mosquito . Patton . Tipungwuti

Vince%20collapsing

8 Likes

Patton, Daniher, Fantasia.

Could only dream of the one week a season they are on the park together!

27 Likes

I though Patton was cooked. Gumby mk2 poor guy.

A few years back iā€™d have been keen (and was when we were chasing him). But a 100kg+ key forward with three(?) knee recoā€™s to his name!? No thanks, unless gws are pushing him out for virtually nothing.

5 Likes

Youā€™d only considering Patton if he came on, and for, next to nothing. Itā€™d need to be a Scully-type of deal considering his injuries.

I disagree with BJ on our need for an Inside mid in the Jobe mould, the best sides donā€™t have one but rather they try and spread to load evenly among a midfield group which is more well rounded - for example Selwood has been on a wing for most of 2019.

Heppell, Parish, Merrett, Shiel and now Clarke are more than enough imo, especially when we have others who float through there that are more than capable clearance players. Also, if we do ā€œunleash Stringerā€ as Goddard suggests then we would have him attending them more often - as BJ himself points out.

4 Likes

Think the asking price for Patton will be too high.
If fit heā€™d be an upgrade on Smack for consistent output but at the cost of durability.

Isnā€™t Dodoro tight with the Patton family?

1 Like

Does he come from a lineage of jacket makers?

Personally Iā€™d be happier with Smack as the FF foil for fit JD roaming CHF (or Hooker if BZerk comes on as Hooker slows down). Same effect without the knees or over-hype.

1 Like

Iā€™d like Patton. But like others have said only for the right price.

Given his injuries I reckon giving GWS back their 2019 2nd rounder is more than fair.

Doubt we would be able to compete with Hawthornā€™s offer of a 7th rounder for Patton.

29 Likes

Id be happy with smack
Reeeeal happy

1 Like

Given his injury history I wouldnt think his price would even be thatā€¦

Hasnt had a chance to prove himself yet. If no ones offering anything else, he might be had for cheaper.

GWS maybe happy to release him for cheap just to get his salary off the books. Theyā€™ll definately need to free up some to keep their kids.

Bring him in.

way too much. Heā€™s simply too big an injury risk (no pun).

Theyā€™d ask us for two more first round picks - he was the #1 pick, you know - and trade him to Hawthorn for a half-eaten packet of Twisties and a future seventh-round pick.

I just want to see Smack at FF and Joe at CHF for at least a few weeks without one of them getting injured!!

unless Patton is dirt cheap, we shouldnā€™t even be contemplating it. A guy his size who has done his knee 3 times- no way you would pay anything worthwhile for him

4 Likes

Hawks will be desperate for him. That includes $

We wonā€™t be. Canā€™t see it happening

1 Like

Myers, Baguley straight swap for Patton. Sounds like a fair deal.

1 Like