Paul Brasher - incoming EFC President - sowing the Sheeds for success!

This is not a blitz endorsement, it’s a fogdog endorsement. I am posting this to ask and encourage all eligible voters to please vote for Paul Brasher in the upcoming board election.

For those that aren’t aware, Paul is the current deputy chair to Paul Little and I would say he has played a crucial role in taking control and reforming the governance issues at the club. In fact I would be confident that we could attribute a lot of the changes to Paul. For those that saw Paul’s speech at the members forum, you would have heard that Essendon now lead the way in governance.

Paul has the skills, experience and leadership required to continue to drag us out of the mess we found ourselves in a few years ago. Those experiences include being a partner in the accounting and professional services firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers from 1982 to 2009. He chaired the Australian firm and was chairman of the global Board of PWC from 2005 to 2009 and was a partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers (and its predecessor firm, Price Waterhouse), one of the world’s major chartered accounting and professional services firms, including five years as the Chairman of the Global Board of PricewaterhouseCoopers. Paul is a former Chairman of the Reach Foundation, and of the National Gallery of Victoria’s Business Council, Paul is a non-executive director of Amcor Limited, a former member of the Committee for Melbourne, a former board member of Asialink and a former trustee of the Victorian Arts Centre Trust and the Committee for Economic Development of Australia.

This thread is not to compare him to other candidates or to criticise their nominations, however, I will say Paul Brasher’s experiences are priceless and too valuable to ignore.

Please, please vote for Paul Brasher.

1 Like

meh we’re gonna get shafted no matter who runs us.

If he can guarantee excitement machines @ the draft then he’d be worth considering.

This thread is not to compare him to other candidates or to criticise their nominations,

Wonder how long this’ll last.
I’ll go get my popcorn.

Here is what the EFC website says about Paul Brasher:

Paul was appointed to the Board in October 2011 and is finance director and chairman of Audit Committee. Paul was a partner in the accounting and professional services firm of Pricewaterhouse Coopers from 1982 to 2009. He chaired the Australian firm and was chairman of the global Board of PWC from 2005 to 2009. Paul is currently the Chairman of Incitec Pivot Limted and a board member of both Perpetual Limited and Amcor Limited. He was previously chairman of the Reach Foundation and a number of other philanthropic organisations.

I will add my personal opinion and that is with Paul as financial director we are in good hands. Considering the way he’s managed to juggle things like the new facility, the expenses for top up players, legal bills etc etc yet predict we will be in the black in a couple of years is comforting. Given there were only 5 clubs that made a profit in 2015, it’s quite a compliment that our loss was so small in comparison given what we’ve been dealing with.

My only two criteria after my disappointment with my choices last election are?

Has to drink beer, nothing else.

Has to have big ■■■■

Will accept one out of two, if no other choice

Has to drink beer, nothing else.
Check your pm. Evidence sent.

Vote expected :slight_smile:

The club needs financial smarts at the moment. Without him the board is sparse for this and I don’t know who is putting their hand up. I imagine financial duties would fall with Heff who is comparatively younger and inexperienced.

I’ll be voting for Paul Brasher.

A lot of business acumen would be lost in one hit if Brasher doesn’t get up, especially with Little going. The Board is pretty bare if you remove them both.

I am not that keen on keeping people that were there through the saga. I think we need new blood. Although I understand he had extensive input to the tvsc.
One of the other nominees has a financial background I believe.
I am hoping that some of them get on here and answer some questions or provide some further information.

1 Like

I’ve never met Paul Brasher but I have had the opportunity to hear him speak a couple of times.

One of these times was at last years AGM where he delivered the financial report in a manner that not only showed great understand but also kept it interesting
and engaging. Was the first time I’ve stayed awake during a finance briefing for many years.

I have heard nothing but praise for his ability, dedication and vision from those who have a far greater understanding of these things than I.

I’m hoping that if he chooses to communicate via Blitz he is treated with the respect he deserves. It is much more difficult proposition when you’re the incumbent.

Either way, he has my vote.

I’ll be voting for Paul, I hope y’all do too.

Would be interested in his position regarding Tippa.

He will be one of my choices.

Standout from what i have heard he must be reinstated .

Paul will get my vote.

Given there were only 5 clubs that made a profit in 2015, it's quite a compliment that our loss was so small in comparison given what we've been dealing with.

Massive understatement. Compare us to Carltonia and how could one not vote for the Brash?

Very sensible haircut. Like.

Just aside from his business acumen, I’ve met him very briefly once or twice and he seems like a genuinely nice guy with real passion for the club. From a couple of conversations I’ve had with EFC staff he’s really well liked within the club and is viewed as being very approachable and having great people skills.

I’ll be using one of my votes on him.

As long as he hasn’t posted anything on snapchat he has my vote.

Anyone that likes beer gets my vote.

Don’t you like big ■■■■ ???

Anyone that likes beer gets my vote.

Don’t you like big ■■■■ ???

Not on Paul Brasher, no.
Not that I’m judging you BF.
Each to their own.

Website Design