Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

Weaker do the value of our pick is lower

Many on here are saying that their contacts are saying its a stronger than previous years drafts. (iā€™m of the opinion that its rubbish and most drafts are the same).

Iā€™m saying they will want a parish, McGrath, Fantasia. That sort of player

GWS doesnā€™t have a genuine small forward. Thatā€™s only thing they miss.

Theyā€™d want Fantasia imo. With another 2 first round picks.

1 Like

waiting on ace to lose his ā– ā– ā– ā– .

no deal then

2 Likes

Tremendous deals.

Sorry, I meant sext. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

They might want one of our gun young players but it will be meaningless, they have little leverage.

If he chooses to leave and nominates us and we put a fair trade to them that they donā€™t take it then given he is OOC he can end up in PSD going to North or Carlton for nothing.

And since they were docked 1000 draft points already this year over Whitfield saga they wonā€™t be throwing away possible first round picks. They need the points for their class academy kids.

Treloar went for Pies pick 7 and following year first rounder. And they also got back Giants 2nd round.

If we gave up say pick 11 and our next years 1st, with no return pick from GWS, thatā€™s more than they got for Treloar so should be seen as fair.

If they want a player (and we donā€™t want to give up two first rounders) I can still see Hartley going. Pick 11, Hartley and next years 2nd round perhaps.

Just need Kelly to actually choose to leave and then nominate us. We are overdue for some good fortune.

8 Likes

GWS isnā€™t GCS, they facilitate deals. if a player nominates where they want to go, gws does their best by both player and club. only time i remember them digging their heels in was cam mccarthy.

3 Likes

Look Paul Connors is a personal friend of mine, We are going to get Josh Kelly and make GWS pay for it. We are going to win bigly and we are going to Make Essendon Great Again. #MEGA

21 Likes

On the market Fantasia would be a first round pick. Theyā€™re not getting 3 first round picks for Kelly - not from anyone

6 Likes

Port Adelaide think heā€™s a third rounder!

Thinking isnā€™t Port Adelaideā€™s strongest point.

9 Likes

And theyā€™re not getting Raz!

Maybe we can agree to take some more list cloggers off their hands ala Aylett and Giles.

or rather some random PA supporter thinks they could get him for a 3rd rounder lol.

Wow, if only that slippery ā– ā– ā– ā–  Connors hadā€™ve shown the same smoke and mirrors when Ryder was on the rocks with us. Was that too much to ask? Certain Player Managers appear to be starting to gain the same purchase on the game they did 25 years ago in football across Europe before playing the biggest part in destroying itā€™s landscape.

Itā€™s always the loudest too, Connors being front and centre. Shocks me that someone like Scott Lucas is involved in this game. Blinkers off heā€™s always come across as honest and I still think that, still donā€™t hate the playa nā€™ all that I guess. The first AFL playerā€™s strike will hit us within ten years and guess who will be the main driver?

Anyway enough of the gloom, Eades, Smack and a 4th round pick should get us across the line.

GWS donā€™t hold the whip hand in this negotiation - heā€™s out contract.
Heā€™ll choose where he wants to go with a very vague threat heā€™ll go to FC for nothing.

Just like we would have rather dealt with GWS in the Ryder trade we couldnā€™t.
If we win the flag itā€™ll be tougher, but pick 11 and next years first will get it done.

Unless thereā€™s a player weā€™re relatively happy to trade

2 Likes

I find it funny the hate Connors gets from fans for doing his ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  job, his clients are players not clubs. Getting his players the best deal possible is his aim, canā€™t argue with the results.

5 Likes