Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

You can’t just say that man lol. How am I supposed to sleep!

1 Like

You invite kelldog over for some smoked bbq?

Anyone hear about Josh Kellys tinder recently ?

Got the little northcote mo, would fit right in.

I hope we don’t make it down to his final 3-4 clubs, then ends up at Carlton or Hawthorn. Would rather he stay at GWS!

1 Like

Revie v Fog… Fight til the death… Finish him Revie!

13 Likes

Just to stoke the fires of the hype train a little more, the last time Revie was being so forceful with one word was about Hurls and staying. We all know how that ended up don’t we??? Wooooooowoooooo! All aboard! Hype train is about to depart the station!

2 Likes

Isn’t it obvious? It means that Kelly is coming to Essendon and is already confirmed for wearing Hirds old jumper, recently vacated by Stanton.

Geez, didn’t any of you guys ever play guess who?

2 Likes

Reckon it will be either saints or staying at GWS

Unfortunately I think you’re right.

But until he’s signed. Baby it ain’t over till it’s over.

1 Like

Sorry for adding to the hyperbole but…

Cashed up Essendon ready to target Kelly and Stringer
AFL
September 11, 2017 6:34pm EDTSeptember 11, 2017 6:18pm EDTBombers looking for giant help in 2018

Angus Reid
Published on Sep. 11, 2017

Though the Bombers’ 2017 campaign ended in a 65-point hammering to the Swans last Saturday, Essendon are already looking towards 2018.

MORE: Connolly: A Giant disappointment lurks under bumper finals series | Dal Santo slams Koch’s post-match comments

Essendon are among a host of teams in Melbourne that are looking to secure the talent of GWS’ Josh Kelly, who has been involved in trade speculation for most of the year.

However another big name has recently been added to the discussion, and that is the Western Bulldogs’ Jake Stringer.

Herald Sun football reporter Mick Warner believes that the Dons are closer than people think to signing Kelly.

“There’s no doubt that Essendon are coming really late,” Warner told Fox Footy’s On The Couch.

“They were probably interested in Dustin Martin — had some money to pay to him — all that attention has gone to Josh Kelly.

“And if the Giants were to go out in straight sets, maybe he might look at a move to the Bombers.”

Warner also revealed that the Bombers are keen to add Stringer to their list, however will have to battle it out with Geelong for his signature.

Adding both Kelly and Stringer would give Essendon a much needed boost in their midfield ranks.

The Bombers were overrun by Sydney’s gun midfield led by Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker, and will need to replace the experience they are losing through retirements in 2018.

With Jobe Watson (220-games) and Brent Stanton (255-games) hanging up their guernsey’s in 2017, replacing experience with youthful exuberance may be the best way forward for the Bombers.

Adding Stringer would allow Essendon to have a player that can go through the middle, whilst also helping out crowd favourite and arguably their best player, Joe Daniher.

After an impressive season in 2017, the Bombers will need to continue to improve their roster if they want to play AFL later in September next year.

6 Likes

WOW. They’re talking about adding both Kelly and Stringer.
Probably financially impossible, but that would be a game changer.

Wooooowooooo! All aboard!

1 Like

Nah, they’re talking about CHASING both Kelly and Stringer. It’s very far from certain we’ll get either if them, so we’d be remiss if we didn’t chase both (as well as other blokes) just as contingency.

I know this is the official ‘let’s get carried away’ thread, but let’s not get carried away…

9 Likes

This has nothing on the stringer thread.

2 Likes

I highly doubt we have a chance with Kelly, but I’d say were in with fighting chance for Stringer.

But the article says

I’s just pointing out it seems financially impossible but would be awesome.
They’re both managed by Connors. Maybe getting Stringer would make the place more attractive to Kelly. Who knows.

It wouldn’t be financially impossible so long as they aren’t chasing the biggest pay packet on offer.

They moving to be paid well but with success factor. Which is why we have JD and others signing up for less. As per successful cats and hawks eras.

We have heaps of players outgoing, likely would have to lose someone like Langford to Dogs as well and the salary cap has just increased significantly.

It’s time for moves like this. I don’t know who said it, but they were absolutely on the money that we can’t waste Joey’s best year with a crap midfield in front of him. The next 4 years will be Daniher’s best, we have to make the most of them. Kelly is rolled gold, an absolute top-drawer midfielder who can do it all. Stringer is an elite talent who maybe has lost his way a little bit over 2016-17. Maybe they are personal problems, we don’t know for sure, but whatever it is, we have a chance to get a bloke in who can be a superstar of the competition for well unders. The $$$ will sort themselves out, the club can juggle contracts, front-end and back-end some deals to balance the books. It’s not as if we’re getting in 28 or 29 year old players here, these guys can well and truly play 200+ games for the club if we get them. Making the finals was great, but the manner of the defeat is one that must make the club act. They’ve done a sterling job to stop us getting pillaged and losing our best players. Now it’s time to be pro-active rather than simply keeping the wolves at bay…

18 Likes

They said we came in late on Kelly, not sure we came late to this one TBH. Think we Martin was just a smokescreen

5 Likes

Yeah, I like how because the media have only just learned about or started talking about our interest its because we ‘came in late’

5 Likes