Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

Saints will be offering about 1.3-1.5 as well

2 Likes

The problem for me if we are after both Kelly and Stringer is how do we get the deals done if we happen to get both wanting to come to us.
We wouldnā€™t be chasing both of them if we couldnā€™t fit them in the salary cap.
But I would imagine Kelly costs us this years and next years first round pick, which Iā€™m fine with for him.
But how do we land Stringer with no first round picks to offer.
I know people are all ā€œletā€™s screw the Bulldogs like they did to us over Crameriā€, but on planet earth, a 2nd round pick and Jackson Merrett ainā€™t going to get us Stringer.

If both players say they want to play for Essendon, you find a way to get it done.

*not that sold on the Stringer trade IMO.

1 Like

The Dog and its Reflection

This bloke is a must get for us. Whatever it takes.

We can prune the list from the bottom up until we have salary space for him.

If we can get Stringer, then prune harder again from the bottom up.

We can then enter the draft for some good young blokes, and a couple of good State League players.

DO IT.

2 Likes

B: McKenna, Hartley, Baguley
HB: Gleeson, Hurley, Goddard
C: KELLY, Heppell, McGrath
HF: Fantasia, Daniher, STRINGER
F: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Hooker, Stewart
R: Bellchambers, Z.Merrett, Zaharakis
INT: Parish, Green, Francis, Colyer

Iā€™m fapping to this!

PS; I do realise itā€™s a 0.001% change of happeningā€¦

1 Like

12 of those blokes are under 25. Thatā€™s an amazingly talented, young list that doesnā€™t include Lang, Lav, Begley, Mutch or Ridley.
OR Draper

1 Like

That team will not lose a game in 2018.

B: McKenna, Hartley, Baguley
HB: Gleeson, Hurley, Goddard
C: KELLY, Heppell, McGrath
HF: Fantasia, Daniher, STRINGER
F: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Hooker, Stewart
R: Bellchambers, Z.Merrett, Zaharakis
INT: Parish, Green, Francis, Colyer

Iā€™m fapping to this!

PS; I do realise itā€™s a 0.001% change of happeningā€¦
[/quote]

2 Likes

[/quote]

Imagine Kelly and Rockliff instead of stringer. Orgasmic

1 Like

Its obvious now that weā€™ll have to involve our 2017 and 2018 picks in our efforts to get Stringer and Kelly. Iā€™m fully comfortable with this if it achieves both.

2 Likes

If we get both, then I want the expectations raised.

8 all Australians plus McG, Parish and Raz. Thereā€™s no excuses why we shouldnā€™t be aiming for top 4 the next couple of years.

Does Lachie Whitfield re-signing = Kelly leaving?

More likely it indicates theyā€™re all recommitting To what they all bought in on, winning the Giants first flag.

Or there is more money to go around because what they kept aside for Kelly can now be used

1 Like

Him stepping into #5 at EFC would be a massive financial coup.

The playing contract $$ are great but the commercial opportunities for him given how loved Hird was will be huge both during and after his career. As will his merchandise sales.

Connors will know this and how to maximise

4 Likes

Maybe as the final piece of the comeback story Hird will come back to the club and give the number to Kelly?

WHY THE F AM I STILL IN THIS THREAD??? FOG HAS SAID WE ARE OUT!!!

12 Likes

I want to believe

Or it indicates that Lachlie Whitfield has recommitted to the GWS Giants for a further two years.

3 Likes

Just want to clarify, my like is for the second thought. I have that thought every time I come into this thread.

Yet here I am.

Impossible. Heā€™s going to Hawthorn, surely? The internet said so.