Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

The trade whisperer saying North have upped their bid to 1.9M front ended.
If true what a mistake. Hard to put much quality around him if you’re paying him a sixth of the salary cap.
Desperate madness if true.

1 Like

No one is going to kangaroos they are woeful.

What did fog say & what did revie say?
Im guessing one is saying were out and one is saying were in?

Cant see him joining us but we better be going hard as nails for him he is a genuine gun.

Don’t want him if he is going to hurt our salary cap to much.

He has to come here to win flags and if he takes up to much cap it will hurt the whole team.

1 Million over 4 years is more than enough for a player that age.

He will then be 26 which is where dusty is now and he can then go for one last monster contract.

Fog- At least we tried
Revie- #5

Read into that as you wish.

Fog is saying got him cause at least we tried.

Revie saying we are 5th in line to get him.

12 Likes

You’re right it would be 1mill minimum to lure him but to me Zerrett and Kelly play a very similar role, Kelly is a touch more classy and effective with his ball use. I agree that Wines is not worth 1mill a year however I think if we are spending that sort of cash moving forward we are going to need a modern day clearance, inside beast that has a bit of extra speed to keep up with our game style. E.g Rockliff, Wines, Parker.

1 Like

Heinz Ketchup! GET ON IT

1 Like

Are Norf offering $1.9 a year or $1.9 the first year including front-loading?

Hear farkin hear.

I refuse to accept that anyone is more classy or effective with their ball use than Merrett.

Bull dust, place has always been like this!

It’s become worse. And gathering momentum.

Boot used to pot people heaps.

11 Likes

Also we need more tinder rumours scintilla.

1 Like

North- “Hey Josh. We are a rabble and will be for next year as well, we could use $1.9mil for 3 very good players to help us be competitive but we can’t get anyone to come here so why don’t you have it all in 2018?, no pressure right!”

2 Likes

This is just statistics, no disrespect to Zach he is an absolute jet and classy as hell. They are so similiar looking at all their statistics, can’t believe Jackets Dodoro got him with pick #26!

Joshua Kelly vs Zach Merrett

74.1% Disposal Efficiency % Per Game 70.7%
11.3 Contested Possessions Per Game 9.0
18.7 Uncontested Possessions Per Game 20.6
21.8 Effective Disposals Per Game 21.2
4.9 Clearances Per Game 4.2

6 Likes

I think putting Frang up as tradebait is ridiculous. We don’t even know what he’s capable of yet and it could be the ultimate slap in face in two years time. Reckon he’s gonna be a late developer.
Players I’d happily offer include Myers, Colyer, The Langford, Smack (may not be listed) to name a few.
We need to be going hard after him but making sure we have a budget and don’t sell the farm to end up losing top end talent off the list in future years as a result.
You watch Norf land him then lose Ziebel or the like because of it haha

2 Likes

None of those players will attract anything better than a 3rd round pick

1 Like

Sounds like Kelly is staying at the gws

1 Like

Kelly confirmed to be staying with GWS, will announce within a day or so.