Paul Connors' Kellypalooza 2017

Yep. Another example showing this is the season of delusion.

Afl would have played hard behind the scenes , to make sure that he stayed . We probably need a promising young mid to target . Not that big a name .

That sweet, sweet ambassadorial money is hard to refuse.

5 Likes

No Martin, no Kelly. CAP SPAAAACEā€¦

So weā€™re getting fined for not spending enough of our cap?

Nah, well just offer Rockliff $2m per year.

If all goes to plan we should be a more attractive proposition in 2019 anyway.

This was the 2nd best result.

1 Like

Damn hey. It appears you can say anything you want in a Tinder relationship.

6 Likes

Sam McClure saying on SEN saying reports that Kelly has re-signed are jumping the gun. He says, having spoken to Connors and GWS, that nothing has changed.

Back again!!

5 Likes

Pleaseā€¦ McClure is a numpty.

You canā€™t suck me in with a rumour from him.

What have people heard on Tinder? Thatā€™s where all the good oil comes from.

10 Likes

What a classic if Gerard Whately went early and itā€™s not actually true

5 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be the first time.

2 Likes

Not sure it was a rumour.

He said he spoke directly to Connors and was told directly that no official decision had been made, and nothing would be decided on until the end of the GWS season.

He may well stay at GWS, and Whatley will look like a star, but Iā€™m not sure why McClure would make up that he has spoken to Connors and was told no decision yet.

3 Likes

Let it go, he is staying. And while I would have loved him at Essendon, I am pleased that I do not have to deal with the prospect of seeing him run around in a North, St Kilda or ā€¦ shudder ā€¦ FCFC jumper.

Itā€™s only two years and I would expect him to leave at the end of that when his value is sky high. Hopefully Jackets stays in his ear over the next two years. Our on-field performance will be important, too.

1 Like

Much more positive. Paraphrasing, but basically weā€™ve been into him for 18 months. He is keen on us and us him. He also might be cheaper than expected. Thinks we should land him.

1 Like

#5ā€¦

1 Like

#6ā€¦

Because that thick ā– ā– ā– ā–  McClure is so obsessed about anything to do with trades and contracts that he even set up a fake whisper account, so imagine how stupid he looks when someone else got the inside word.

1 Like

When it was reported that we made a massive offer, Connors came straight out and said it was not true. Connors has not come out and said this is not true. Kelly will be at GWS for the next 2 years.

Would have destroyed me if he went to the Fark of Carlton.

Would have had a return of my 1999 prelim vertigo when the siren went, I was 20 beers down, and I suddenly felt like jumping.

9 Likes