Michael Walters is the weakest and worst player in the league since Lindsay Thomas

Wayne Campbell was on 360 tonight and he said in the instance of that Melk tackle on Thomas, it would not be called a free kick for the ‘shrugger’ and they should have called play on if this was already in place. That is how I understood that instance of shrugging a tackle.

There will still be murky areas around it I’m sure.

So they made it even more complicated. Great

Who’s number 2 for Richmond? Saw him use the bicep curl technique to great effect twice last Saturday.

Who's number 2 for Richmond? Saw him use the bicep curl technique to great effect twice last Saturday.
Dylan Grimes. His actions have been talked about in the media actually.

Wayne Campbell explained that on 360 last night the way a guy would explain something he had no idea about.

Wayne Campbell explained that on 360 last night the way a guy would explain something he had no idea about.

It’s just… the vibe

Who's number 2 for Richmond? Saw him use the bicep curl technique to great effect twice last Saturday.

Marked him in my black book myself.

Thomas had a total of 4 disposals the entire game against Freo the weekend. His only goal...you guess, is from a free.

We looked twice the team against Freo than North did…and they went in off an 8 day break whilst we had only a 6 day break.

We might complain about our game plan but it seems designed for us to be able to compete and potentially beat the best teams in the toughest games but not necessarily thrash weaker teams as flat track bullies. North’s game plan is the opposite. They have not got within 10 goals of either Hawthorn or Freo. They are yet to play Swans. In the meantime we have:

• been beaten by the Swans by 12 after leading them by 41, on their turf, off a limited preparation and losing a key big-bodied mid in the first 2 minutes
  • beaten Hawthorn at the MCG by 2 points after leading by 35 points late in Q2.
  • jumped Freo early off a 6 day break, got a series of decisions against us, then got out-muscled in Q2, started to work our way back inot in Q3 and got right on top in Q4, holding Feo goalless in Q4 eventually losing by 28 points and having only 3 less scoring shots (plus Daniher’s complete miss from 45m straight in front)

And all this with the ASADA/WADA circus on our backs.

We just need to learn the mentality of a marauding warrior when we play the lesser teams and put them to the sword like a Freo/Swans/Hawks do. That’s the next step in our evolution.

Should we rape their women, Chief?

Thomas had a total of 4 disposals the entire game against Freo the weekend. His only goal...you guess, is from a free.

We looked twice the team against Freo than North did…and they went in off an 8 day break whilst we had only a 6 day break.

We might complain about our game plan but it seems designed for us to be able to compete and potentially beat the best teams in the toughest games but not necessarily thrash weaker teams as flat track bullies. North’s game plan is the opposite. They have not got within 10 goals of either Hawthorn or Freo. They are yet to play Swans. In the meantime we have:

• been beaten by the Swans by 12 after leading them by 41, on their turf, off a limited preparation and losing a key big-bodied mid in the first 2 minutes
  • beaten Hawthorn at the MCG by 2 points after leading by 35 points late in Q2.
  • jumped Freo early off a 6 day break, got a series of decisions against us, then got out-muscled in Q2, started to work our way back inot in Q3 and got right on top in Q4, holding Feo goalless in Q4 eventually losing by 28 points and having only 3 less scoring shots (plus Daniher’s complete miss from 45m straight in front)

And all this with the ASADA/WADA circus on our backs.

We just need to learn the mentality of a marauding warrior when we play the lesser teams and put them to the sword like a Freo/Swans/Hawks do. That’s the next step in our evolution.

Should we rape their women, Chief?

Rape the men. It spins them out more.

wasn’t subtle about shooting the arm up, looked like he was doing a john travolta impersonation every time one of our clumsy, not-getting-low-enough tacklers hit him at bicep level.

wasn’t subtle about shooting the arm up, looked like he was doing a john travolta impersonation every time one of our clumsy, not-getting-low-enough tacklers hit him at bicep level.

He managed to draw one from Colyer who gesticulated madly at the chump to no avail. There was this look on Grimes’ face as he looked to the umpire, “Please don’t bust me for staging. Ah whew!”

He managed to draw one from Colyer who gesticulated madly at the chump to no avail. There was this look on Grimes’ face as he looked to the umpire, “Please don’t bust me for staging. Ah whew!”

It’s not the cheating and playing for frees and deliberately trying to get hit in the head that’s the problem. It’s the tacklers responsibility to get into position to tackle through pressure or chasing, get low enough to contact the arms even after the opponent drops to their knees then after applying enough contact to stop the player, the tackler has to immediately remove his arms before the guy getting tackled punches the air and forces contact high. then the tackler must reapply physical contact under the opponents now raised arms whilst also locking said arms so as not to allow correct disposal of the ball.

It’s not hard.

1 Like

It’s not the cheating and playing for frees and deliberately trying to get hit in the head that’s the problem. It’s the tacklers responsibility to get into position to tackle through pressure or chasing, get low enough to contact the arms even after the opponent drops to their knees then after applying enough contact to stop the player, the tackler has to immediately remove his arms before the guy getting tackled punches the air and forces contact high. then the tackler must reapply physical contact under the opponents now raised arms whilst also locking said arms so as not to allow correct disposal of the ball.

It’s not hard.

We obviously need a tackling coach.

It’s not hard.

How many clubs have approached you as tackling coach ?

It’s not hard.

LOL precisely.

It’s not hard.

How many clubs have approached you as tackling coach ?

I’m, holding out for umpires boss

Glad this thread made it to new blitz and that blitz made it a suggested topic.

Does Thomas still play? What a prick he is.

4 Likes

Quality bump. I concur.

2 Likes

What a jerkbag.

Daisy not far off